*official* #2 USC Trojans vs. UCLA Bruins 12/2 1:30pm PST

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oscar1613

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Please god let Florida just kill Arkansas so Florida can play OSU. Please god don't let the worst possible finish in the history of college football happen where 2 teams play each other 2 times in a row from the same conference for a chance for a split national title that would piss everyone off. Please god don't let Michigan from the crappy Big-10 in...they don't deserve it.

noooooooooo... then LSU doesnt go to the rose bowl :(

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Please god let Florida just kill Arkansas so Florida can play OSU. Please god don't let the worst possible finish in the history of college football happen where 2 teams play each other 2 times in a row from the same conference for a chance for a split national title that would piss everyone off. Please god don't let Michigan from the crappy Big-10 in...they don't deserve it.
Now with USC losing, I hope Florida wins their game so that would mean USC v. Michigan possibly?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckywang
The best offense in the country held to 9 points.

pwned.

Hawaii actually has the best offense in the country.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: KLin

pwned.

Regardless, someone give that defensive coordinator a head coaching job, pronto!!

(hear that, Joe Alleva?)

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: KLin

pwned.

They put up the highest numbers, but they do it against piss poor opponents.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: her209
Now with USC losing, I hope Florida wins their game so that would mean USC v. Michigan possibly?

That would be awesome... USC losing in a bowl game too :D

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005

Hopefully. OSU vs Michigan would be the worst national title game ever. Florida, across the board, has played a MUCH tougher schedule than Michigan. OSU has had a peice of cake schedule too, beating a mediocre Texas team and a Michigan team that only beat an overrated and also mediocre Notre Dame team. Florida has played their hearts out and I would like to see them play OSU for the title. I would root for OSU to beat Florida.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Oscar1613

noooooooooo... then LSU doesnt go to the rose bowl :(

Dont worry, with Arkansas loss to LSU last week, it virtually killed any shot of Florida getting to the title game.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Pete Carroll was so bitter in that interview, it was hilarious. The University of Spoiled Children just lost. Yay!

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
BRUINS!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! UCLA!!!

my first UCLA win over SC since i've been a bruin!

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: thegimp03
Pete Carroll was so bitter in that interview, it was hilarious. The University of Spoiled Children just lost. Yay!
WTH? He wasn't bitter. He was disappointed.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003

Hopefully. OSU vs Michigan would be the worst national title game ever. Florida, across the board, has played a MUCH tougher schedule than Michigan. OSU has had a peice of cake schedule too, beating a mediocre Texas team and a Michigan team that only beat an overrated and also mediocre Notre Dame team. Florida has played their hearts out and I would like to see them play OSU for the title. I would root for OSU to beat Florida.

yeah because playing in Austin and South Bend is always easy :roll:

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
You know, this type of thing kind of pisses me off. You've got a sh!tty little team in UCLA coming in at 6-5 with quality wins over teams like Stanford, Utah, and Rice. They're not playing for anything. The only thing going for them in their pathetic little season is the chance to screw a much better team out of something meaninful.

Mostly I'm just pissed because Ohio St. vs. USC would have made a hell of a NC game and now garbage UCLA (along with USC, obviously) has helped deprive us of that. <cartman>Godammit!!!</cartman>

Congrats UCLA. You managed to play one impressive game this year. Maybe you can parlay this into a good recruiting class and go an impressive 7-4 next year.

And for the record, not a USC fan.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
lol at the usc fans talking crap about winning by 30

and flxnimprtmscl, did you expect ucla to just roll over? come on.. i'd call usc's season more pathetic.. losses to oregon st and ucla when they needed it most... that's pathetic

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: abaez
lol at the usc fans talking crap about winning by 30

and flxnimprtmscl, did you expect ucla to just roll over? come on.. i'd call usc's season more pathetic.. losses to oregon st and ucla when they needed it most... that's pathetic

:D

herbiehancock

May 11, 2006
OSU vs Michigan would be the worst national title game ever. Florida, across the board, has played a MUCH tougher schedule than Michigan. OSU has had a peice of cake schedule too, beating a mediocre Texas team and a Michigan team that only beat an overrated and also mediocre Notre Dame team. Florida has played their hearts out and I would like to see them play OSU for the title. I would root for OSU to beat Florida.

On, really? Then I wonder why, although Florida's schedule was ranked #1 in difficulty, Michigan's schedule was ranked #3 in degree of difficulty. Michigan played a hard schedule this year.

On another note, Carroll and his USC fans' faces mirrored the look Torre and the NY Yankee fans had on their faces after Boston came back from an 0-3 deficit and swept them in 4 games during the ALCS of a few years ago.....which admittedly was the biggest choke of any sports team ever. This upset of USC by UCLA isn't quite up there, but it was a good choke nonetheless.

And it almost appears that Florida is going to go down to Arkansas, if Arkansas plays it right.

BTW, BlacoNino, guess you're not exactly the one to go to for sports betting advice, eh?

*YAWN*

Obligatory first quarter score to go ahead of top-ranked team to give everyone false hope. Happens all the time.

Final score?

USC 31
UCLA 14