Office Space

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<<
"I dont think I'm gonna go to work anymore."
"You're quitting your job?"
"Nah, I'm just gonna stop going."
"Are you going to get a new job?"
"I don't think I'd like a new job..."

"Peter it seems you've been missing a lot of work lately."
"I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob."

>>

LOL! The really funny thing is that's exactly what I did last Friday. These last few days have been so relaxing.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
<-------Dug the thread up after two days rather than start a new one.

I knew there'd be a thread on Office Space somewhere in here. :) I just finished watching it for about the millionth time yesterday (on my DIVX rip at work) and saw something cool to add. It was very subtle and I just now noticed it.

When Peter is going into the office to talk to the consultants for the first time, look behind him as he's first walking in the door and notice what's written on the whiteboard behind them. It's a typical big flow chart with the title "Planning to Plan" written at the top and "Values Scam" at the bottom (obviously it's supposed to be a meeting room that the management at Initech uses.) If that doesn't sum up some of the management BS you hear in most companies then I don't know what does.

That's also my favorite scene since it sometimes describes how my day goes (wav file of quote):

Bob: Would you walk us through a typical day... for you.
Peter: Yeah. Well... I generally come in at least 15 minutes late. I use the side door, that way Lumburgh can't see me. And uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour...
Bob2: Space out?
Peter: Yeah. I just stare at my desk. But it looks like I'm working. I do that for, uh, probably about another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week, I probably only do about 15 minutes of real, actual work.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001

<< Bob: Would you walk us through a typical day... for you.
Peter: Yeah. Well... I generally come in at least 15 minutes late. I use the side door, that way Lumburgh can't see me. And uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour...
Bob2: Space out?
Peter: Yeah. I just stare at my desk. But it looks like I'm working. I do that for, uh, probably about another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week, I probably only do about 15 minutes of real, actual work.
>>

This is me:

Bob: Would you walk us through a typical day... for you.
Me: Yeah. Well... I generally come in at least 45 minutes late. I use the side door, that way my boss can't see me. And uh, after that I just sorta NEF for about 3 hours...
Bob2: NEF?
Me: Yeah. I just post on ATOT. But it looks like I'm working. I do that for, uh, probably about another 2 hours after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week, I probably only do about 30 minutes of real, actual work.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Man, I love Office Space.

"You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair they made the Jews wear."

"I used to be able to see the squirrels. And they were merry."

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Lumberg - Peter, we need to talk...
Peter - *completely sidesteps Bill*
Lumberg - *blankly stares for a moment*

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< "I used to be able to see the squirrels. And they were merry." >>

LMAO!! That kills me everytime I hear it!!

amish

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<<

<< "I used to be able to see the squirrels. And they were merry." >>

LMAO!! That kills me everytime I hear it!!

amish
>>

LOL,I've watched this movie several times now and see something new each time !!! it was GREAT :D

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
Well at least I didn't sleep with Lumburg!!!!!! :D

Hi, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

She gets around...like a record.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
"just of thought of having to go to the state unemployment office and stand in line with those scumbags."

Funniest FVCKING line in the movie.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Heh. I just watched it this afternoon, and I noticed on that Tom guys Jump To Conclusions board, it's spelled "Loose a Turn".