Office Space

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000

<< PC LOAD LETTER.

Hahahaha, we have 4 LaserJet's that say that crap. BWAHAHAHAHA.
>>

I have one right here in my home office. Damn you to hell HP, DAMN YOU!

lykaon78

Golden Member
Sep 5, 2001
You've gotta love the use of rap music in the movie, they make the funny scenes all the more funny and the Snoop Dogg poster in Michael's cubical is classic.

Anyone know what movie the fax machine destruction scene was borrowed from? I've heard its direct remake of a gangsta movie (ie Goodfellas, Godfather, etc...) but I can't place it or I've never seen it.

-Lykaon

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<< You've gotta love the use of rap music in the movie, they make the funny scenes all the more funny and the Snoop Dogg poster in Michael's cubical is classic.

Anyone know what movie the fax machine destruction scene was borrowed from? I've heard its direct remake of a gangsta movie (ie Goodfellas, Godfather, etc...) but I can't place it or I've never seen it.

-Lykaon
>>

I thought the music that was playing when they loaded the virus was pretty funny :)

Now everybody is in enjoying watching "Heat" while I sit here and geek it up at my dual rig

ahhh ...geekish pleasures :)

badluck

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001
I love the Geto Boys "Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta" in that movie.....haha

darthmango

Aug 23, 2001

<< [Milton]
"And they switched staplers but I decided to keep my swingline because it doesn't jam up as much and....."
"That's...my...stapler"[/Milton]
>>

Did you know that the guy who played Milton also does the voice of Bill on King of the Hill?

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Corporateaccountspayableninaspeaking... justamoment!

And then when it's Lumburgh's birthday, during the scene when Milton realizes that yet again he got gypped on a piece of cake, you see her out-of-focus in the background literally shoveling that piece of cake in her mouth.

It's the little subtleties in that movie that get me. Pure genious. I remember seeing it in the theater and the agony of having to wait for the DVD... too bad the DVD is barebones. I would love to see some special features (and anamorphic would be nice too). I think there was a petition going around DVDTalk for a Special Edition but I don't know if anything ever came of it.

And I wholeheartedly agree with RossMAN. If you haven't seen Half Baked, do yourself a favor!! It's infinitely re-watchable. The main characters are great and there's a ton of awesome cameos.

"I'm impotent man! Get away from me biyatch!" - Sir Smoke A Lot :D

l2c

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<< No one's mentioned Mike Judge's character yet, he was pretty funny. >>

The funniest thing was when my daughter looked at the 3 of em on the screen ,turned and looked at me and said "my god ma, most of your friends are like those guys"

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
baffled2 - Remember to create another OT thread after you watch Half Baked :D

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001

<<

<< [Milton]
"And they switched staplers but I decided to keep my swingline because it doesn't jam up as much and....."
>>

Did you know that the guy who played Milton also does the voice of Bill on King of the Hill?
>>

Even More surprising was he played the flamboyant Jimmy James On NEWSRADIO!

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<< baffled2 - Remember to create another OT thread after you watch Half Baked :D >>

oh I will do that for sure ! I'm looking forward to it based on your review and am having it fetched as I speak :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<<

<< baffled2 - Remember to create another OT thread after you watch Half Baked :D >>

oh I will do that for sure ! I'm looking forward to it based on your review and am having it fetched as I speak :)
>>

I just want to clarify that Half Baked is a different kind of humor like Rushmore is. Most people would probably find Office Space funnier but Half Baked is right up there with gut wrenching laughter. Next get Road Trip (if you thought American Pie was funny).

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001

<< No one's mentioned Mike Judge's character yet, he was pretty funny. >>

"you want to express youself don't you."

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< I just want to clarify that Half Baked is a different kind of humor like Rushmore is >>

Are you saying Half Baked and Rushmore share the same humor, or are you saying they're simply different?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<<

<< I just want to clarify that Half Baked is a different kind of humor like Rushmore is >>

Are you saying Half Baked and Rushmore share the same humor, or are you saying they're simply different?
>>

Simply different.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001

<< Next get Road Trip (if you thought American Pie was funny). >>

On of the funniest movies EVER!@:)

The end was classic! "better use two"

Not as many Great Lines ALA Office Space But I was rolling thoughout!

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< gutting fish at his desk !!!!!

ahahahahaha !!!!
>>

And then throwing the guts on the TPS cover sheet.

I just love that movie.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

<<

<<

<< [Milton]
>>

>>

Even More surprising was he played the flamboyant Jimmy James On NEWSRADIO!
>>

the boss guy? i didn't even notice that...