Office Depot "Go Back Smarter" Giveaway

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Go here to enter:
http://www.officedepotgobacksmarter.com/#/home
(Or you can go to Officedepot.com and click from there if you don't trust the link)
You have to enter a code normally on a reciept, but you can request one to be sent to your email (I got mine immediately).
You do have to enter your personal information, but can opt not to recieve promotional materials, emails, etc.
I entered and it said I won a $100 gift card, and it's from the Office Dept site, so I hope it's legit!
I'll let you know in 14 days or less. :D

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Congrats and thanks for posting this. Alas, I am "not a winner." :(

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Right before I posted this (the original post, not this one), I used my name, and then my wife did hers. It says one per person, not household. It gave us both "You won $100 gift card" results, so I thought it might not be fully legit, but I guess if people are losing as well, it must be. :)
Maybe doing it close to after midnight helps?

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Well for the hell of it I entered right after the day 'turned' and I'm still not an instant winner. Sounds like OP just got real lucky :)

0/3 so far

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Well for the hell of it I entered right after the day 'turned' and I'm still not an instant winner. Sounds like OP just got real lucky :)

0/3 so far

Yup, thought it wasn't legit since we won twice in a row.
Nobody else I know has won anything!

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Well, damn. Supposedly I just won a $100 gift card; was my 4th or 5th day doing it I think. That'd be pretty sweet.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Still waiting...
Today is day 10 (out of the 14 days max it said it would take to recieve the cards.)

Did your email say you would get it in 14 days or less? I wondered because that's not what the rules say.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
You don't get an email after winning, just a page that says "you won!" and it tells you to print it out for your records.
"Sponsor will attempt to send instant win prizes via regular mail within approx. 14 days of prize notification" (getting a "you won" page after entering).
So 14 days give or take a few days for mailing.
When you win, it also says "gift card will be mailed out within 14 days".
Hoping to get them soon!
If you win the $500 teacher giveaway, they send you a form to confirm you are actually a teacher. For the $100 cards, they just mail them to the address you provided when signing up.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
You don't get an email after winning, just a page that says "you won!" and it tells you to print it out for your records.
"Sponsor will attempt to send instant win prizes via regular mail within approx. 14 days of prize notification" (getting a "you won" page after entering).
So 14 days give or take a few days for mailing.
When you win, it also says "gift card will be mailed out within 14 days".
Hoping to get them soon!
If you win the $500 teacher giveaway, they send you a form to confirm you are actually a teacher. For the $100 cards, they just mail them to the address you provided when signing up.

Weasel words bolded. I hope you get them in 14 days, but I've waited for enough contest prizes that I certainly don't recommend holding your breath on day 14 - or 21 - or 30 - or...

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Got mine in the mail a couple days ago. Thanks OP.

Now I might see about winning one for my "brother" :D

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Well, will wonders never cease! I'm a winner! Thanks Soundmanred for posting this!

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Glad we had some winners! I spent mine in a day.
Here's a tip though, NEVER order video games online through OD. Took almost two weeks to get them!