Off to Interview, wish me luck UPDATE.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Well I'm outta here for the day to interview for a job. Normally I'd be thrilled to interview for a position like this, but with a pending divorce and joint cusotdy of the kids, taking a job an hour away would be tough.

I explained my sitiuation and the problems it would cause and they told me they understand, but they said I really need to talk to them about this position. This company has tried to hire me a couple of times but we just couldn't make things work out. Maybe the third times a charm. A new job would sure help boost my self-esteem right now.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens, wish me luck.

Everyone have a good day.

Fathom

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Well the interview went extremely well. I've worked with this company for a few years so they are well aware of my experience and abilities and they are not interviewing anyone else for the position unless I turn it down.

It would be a 50% bump in pay but would require an hours drive to work. That's on a good day, light traffic, no snow. Throw those things in and it's a 1-/2 to 2 hour drive. Relocating is not an option for a while as I'm in the middle of a divorce and have joint custody of my kids. After the divorce I may be able to relocate a little closer to shave off 15-20 minutes on the drive.

It's a great company and the skills I have would be a perfect fit for the job. One kink in the works is they provide software and support for the company I currently work for so they will need to procede carefully.