Odd kind of headache....

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
First off... I'm going to tell that I AM making an appointment with a doctor NOW. But I can't get in right away, wait for doctor, wait for referral, yadda yadda yadda.... so I'm posting here first. Too many times I see people in here say, "I cut off my arm. What should I do?" GO TO THE HOSPITAL DUMB ASS!!!!! And I want to make sure I don't get put into the running for a Darwin Award for this.

Anyway.... I have a headache.

It's an odd headache, though. I think I've had it for almost a week now, which is part of why I'm concerned. And it's a weird kind of pain. Not so much like your usual headache, but more like someone hit me upside the head.... with a lead pipe..... filled with concrete.

And the pain isn't in the frontal lobe. It's actually above my left ear. A little towards the front. About two inches above my temple.

The pain doesn't go away. If I yawn, it hurts. If I move my eyes hard left or right, it hurts. If I chew, it hurts. It always hurts. Needless to say, at the end of the day I am VERY TIRED because of this. Last night, I threw a pillow over my head at 9PM and didn't get up until 6:30!!

Another thing that happened (related, of course)... I took a turn in the company truck, and all of the stuff that was in the passenger seat (tools, butt-set, spool of wire, etc.) and my water-bottle that was in the cup holder all flew off into a big pile on the passenger floor as if they were loosly thrown into a giant 1997 Ford Centrifuge set to "on." Out of frustation, I let out an "Aaargh!" as I pulled the van over to the side of the road. I sware to God, I heard a *pop* in the vacinity of my pain. THAT can't be good. :( It didn't hurt any more or less.. but there was a definite *pop*

Cliffs: Headache, feels like hit in head with lead pipe, "Aaaargh!", Pop. Profit?

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
If the appointment isn't very soon (as in today) I would recommend going to the hospital; it sounds serious.

Billzie7718

Sep 2, 2005
Strange as it sounds, I was in a car wreck about a year ago where I was knocked unconscious. Even since then, when I get a headache I can just apply pressure to the spot where I hit my head and I hear a little crack. Sort of like when you pop your knuckles. Anyway, after that, headache is gone. It's like having Advil on tap in my head. I hope you get super powers too.

Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
<Arnold voice> I'm a cop you IDIOT! </Arnold>

sucks about the headache...mine hurts too - shoulda used a rubber

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: blackdogdeek
TMJ?

Thanks, but I don't think so. The pain is considerably higher up the side of my head than my jaw joint. ;)

And I haven't been in an accident in years. Nor was I actually hit by lead pipe. ;)

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
I've got to wait another half an hour for the practice to get back from lunch. :(

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Ha ha... No. Folkman on Hillsborough.

Remember; I install phone systems. Done a few dozen for doctor's offices. I swear they ALL close an hour or two for lunch.

When I do the lunch auto-attendant, I let the people select an option to hear directions or transfer to an extension if they know their party's extenstion, etc. The one at Folkman's office is pretty much "We're out for lunch until 1PM. Please call back then." :Q

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Well.. check up revealed nothing. Throat good, ears good, eyes good. Blood pressure high. They want to draw blood tomorrow AM (drank coffee this morning so they couldn't do it today) and gave me a referral for an MRI.

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Doc gave me a pill that was meant for migranes. Definitely DID NOT help. In fact, now my upper body is sore like I just did bench presses. :(

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
OMG!!!!!!

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!!!!

I'm left handed. The pain in my head? It's right across from where my antenna is when I hold my i730 up to my ear!!!!!

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: jonnyGURU
OMG!!!!!!

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!!!!

I'm left handed. The pain in my head? It's right across from where my antenna is when I hold my i730 up to my ear!!!!!

Are you pressing your phone against your ear too hard? ;)

I don't think it's your i730. Mine hasn't killed me yet.