OCZ Vertex 450 128GB SSD + AV Software $50 after $90 rebate Today Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

emenk

Oct 22, 2006
"OCZ Vertex 450 128GB Solid State Drive and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle" is the Tigerdirect daily slasher deal. Note: OCZ just went bankrupt. I wonder if Tigerdirect is trying to dump inventory before word gets out. You had better make sure that it's not OCZ who pays the rebate.

I just ordered a Samsung SSD at a very good price, so I'm not interested.

FWIW, NewEgg had a "SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 2.5" 64GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)" for $50 today only, but it sold out.

Leyawiin

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2008
As much as I supported OCZ in the past I'd be pretty leery about buying a product now. I pretty sure warranties could be cut short (much in the same way BFG's were). Stands to reason rebates might not get paid. About the only way they would be honored is if Toshiba bought the entire company, not just certain assets.

goobee

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
goobee.org
Should OCZ file Chapter 7 bankruptcy and liquidate their assets, you are pretty much guaranteed that the rebates will not be honored.

Financial stakeholders with liens have first dibs at the remaining cash and if there's any left over (highly doubtful) then rebates would be paid.

Pariah

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2000
It's actually 2 different rebates. There's a $60 rebate from Total Defense which I would expect to get paid. The 2nd is a $30 through OCZ which I would not expect to get paid. So you're looking at a final price of $80 for the drive and software.

Regardless, I swore off OCZ SSD's a while back. They're bankruptcy is not unexpected. They're QA was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.