[OcUK]7950 Crossfire vs 680 SLI at 5760*1080 (Eyefinity/Surround)

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Graphics' started by Final8ty, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrK6

MrK6 Diamond Member

Hard to argue paying $300 more for less performance. Heck, you can go 7950 Tri-Fire for the same price as GTX 680 SLI and absolutely crush it. Tri-Fire would also very much eliminate microstutter.

Seems like AMD's driver team is really kicking it into high gear, about damn time, keep it going. :)

2. zaydq

zaydq Senior member

Albeit I see your point, I still feel like its a slap in the face. BF3 was paraded as a title best played on nVidia, now it looks to be otherwise.

3. BoFox

BoFox Senior member

I'm not sure myself about it - it needs to be verified, since one guy keeps on insisting faulty MSAA performance in BF3 in the fanatic-wrecked thread:

4. Ferzerp

Ferzerp Diamond Member

Amazingly, no one in this thread seems to pay attention to the part where it explicitly says the 680 felt smoother (despite higher fps numbers on the cf). This is the same thing echoed in every single SLI vs CF review we ever see. Raw FPS measurements say the CF solution spits out more frames, but every time the SLI ends up feeling faster because it is smoother.

5. Final8ty

Final8ty Golden Member

It was said in this thread already.
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=34188603&postcount=3

And again smoother and faster are 2 different things, I have been in many high end sports cars around brandshatch and on the roads and there is no doubt they are faster than the smoother but slower luxury cars that i have been in, it all depends on what more important to the individual.

#30 Final8ty, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  6. Ferzerp

Ferzerp Diamond Member

Doesn't matter, it's being drowned out by herp, derp, haha 680 fail posts when the truth is quite the opposite. ATI drivers push up framerate in CF at the expense of it actually being a decent experience.

7. Final8ty

Final8ty Golden Member

Its matter of opinion for the individual and that's why it gets drowned out because its not a priority for everyone regardless of how you feel about it.

8. spinejam

spinejam Diamond Member

Nice job -- tx for the info OP! :)

9. Ferzerp

Ferzerp Diamond Member

It's a matter of opinion that every single review explicitly states that SLI is a far better experience than CF? Ok, sure.

10. Final8ty

Final8ty Golden Member

Again a matter of opinion of how much better or it would not be ignored by so many if it was an important fact for them.

Screen tearing is an important fact for me hence why i Vsync everything, but its seems its not that important to many others.

#35 Final8ty, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  11. Ferzerp

Ferzerp Diamond Member

It's pretty obvious it's only ignored when the brand of the card is more important to the individual than the actual performance.

I think you knew that though.

12. Final8ty

Final8ty Golden Member

Not at all as that poster was considered very pro NV but yet he said that the difference in smoothness was not that great, so was not a priorty and he is so impressed with the AMD cards performance that he is now only going to use one AMD card and sell the other on a setup were he had 2 680s beforehand and save even more money.

13. AnandThenMan

AnandThenMan Diamond Member

Slower but smoother. Better pair the Nvidia cards with an AMD processor, even slower but smoooooooth. :cool:

14. Ferzerp

Ferzerp Diamond Member

15. Final8ty

Final8ty Golden Member

LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.