October Surprise?

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
What do you all think it will be this time around?

I have a STRONG feeling it's going to have something to do with tax returns. I know, really going out on a limb here. The opening is just too wide for Democrats to ignore. There is no doubt in my mind the President and his team know exactly what's in those returns. I think they are simply biding their time to wait for the opportune moment to strike. Now is clearly not that time.

My money says Harry Reid reveals his source and all manner of hell breaks loose. The media will take something like this and run it into the ground driving Romney's negatives way up. I suspect that will be just enough to tip the election in key states into Obama's favor.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised that the tax returns are the issue that keeps on giving...pun intended. Outside of that, I don't really forsee anything out of the ordinary popping up.

Then again, it could be something we never expected:
Robot_Nixon_body.png

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
If there is an october surprise, then it will be one ofthe following...

attack on Americans blamed on Iran (regardless of whether they did it) with Obama declaring martial law and no elections if it doesnt look like hes going to win;
or Romney will organize a coup d'tat if it looks like he's going to lose;
or Romney will be assassinated due to being put on obama's kill list.

A rebellion is less likely, but the three scenarios I mentioned above seem as likely to me as people voting this nov 6th.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
attack on Americans blamed on Iran (regardless of whether they did it) with Obama declaring martial law and no elections if it doesnt look like hes going to win;
A rebellion is less likely, but the three scenarios I mentioned above seem as likely to me as people voting this nov 6th.
You forgot to suggest the uprising of the Great Ron Paul Majority to thwart the Evil Two-Party conspiracy to deny Him His rightful presidency...

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011

You're fvcking nuts. How come every time somebody tells you this you don't believe it? Have you ever been evaluated by a mental health professional?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
You're fvcking nuts. How come every time somebody tells you this you don't believe it? Have you ever been evaluated by a mental health professional?

He scares them or patents are afraid of being flagged for child abuse if the state ever comes near him

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Either Joe Biden sharts on a foreign head of state or Paul Ryan "trips" over the life support cords of a constituent.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Israel attacking Iran. Actually it woudn't be much of a surprise, they are telegraphing it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

You and Nemesis need to get together.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
"A knowledgeable source told Fox News that possible speakers could include Steve Pagliuca -- managing partner at Bain Capital, considered the unofficial head of the firm. Pagliuca is a co-owner of the Boston Celtics who ran for the Massachusetts Senate seat formerly held by the late Ted Kennedy and lost in the Democratic primary to Martha Coakley in 2010.

Another possible speaker is Jon Lavine, an Obama campaign bundler and very senior member of the firm. Matt Levin, also a partner at Bain, is said to be very active in Democratic politics as well and could be included in the program.

The Bain attack from Obama supporters seemed to subside a bit after the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action produced an ad that linked Romney to the cancer death of the wife of a worker who was let go from a Bain-owned steel mill.

In recent weeks, the Romney campaign has taken the Bain attacks head on, pushing back aggressively in ads, opinion columns and speeches. In his nomination acceptance address in Tampa, Romney said about Bain, "That business we started with 10 people has now grown into a great American success story." Romney listed successful Bain companies including Staples, The Sports Authority, an early childhood learning center called Bright Horizons, and Steel Dynamics -- now one of the largest steel producers in the country.

Romney continued, "These are American success stories. And yet the centerpiece of the president's entire re-election campaign is attacking success. In America, we celebrate success, we don't apologize for it. We weren't always successful at Bain. But no one ever is in the real world of business. That's what this president doesn't seem to understand. Business and growing jobs is about taking risk, sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding, but always striving."

With the confirmation of the Bain speakers at the Democrats' convention, the Obama campaign is clearly signaling they are not finished with their line of attack -- one that they believe is moving voters in swing states in particular."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ak-at-democrats-convention-officials-confirm/

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Joe Biden appears at the convention dressed as Jesse Pinkman and keeps repeating the phrase "Yo! What sup, bitches?"

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Osama Bin Laden will resurface un-killed. Explaining why Obama was so quick to dump his "body" into the ocean.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think there will be one. Republicans threw the kitchen sink at Obama last time around, and given the Obama campaign's approach to Romney (define early), I doubt anything is left to share. Obama said it best when he said they want to run the clock out--if the election were held today he'd win, it's been stagnant for months, keep it going at the same pace.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Obama's not going to need an October surprise to win, Romney will need all the help he can get.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It will come out that Mittens hired an illegal alien.

I'm sure that Romney will be able to prove he never hired Barry Obama or he'll claim that he 1099'd him when Barry gave him a false SS number. Then Obama will confess to being an illegal alien and claim it's why he executive ordered the whole Dream Act thing.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I have the ultimate October surprise.
American's pulling their head out of their ass, and realize which guy has "their" best interest at heart.
Thats all. Now you figure it out...

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I have the ultimate October surprise.
American's pulling their head out of their ass, and realize which guy has "their" best interest at heart.
Thats all. Now you figure it out...

The guy with the soap and water and a towel?