[OCN] EVGA rep confirms new Nvidia card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
I doubt it. TiTi(LOL) or so called Black Edition would have to come from Nvidia itself.

You let your AIB's earn their money, but you want media thunder for yourself ("Nvidia unleashes bla-bla")

I like TiTi, don't you? :p

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
A cherry picked GTX780 TI with a new fancy cooler that is 5-10% faster, big deal.

Most likely. Nice to see that Nvidia is scurrying to get these "new models" out, their pricing makes a $400 [alternate choice] all the more attractive.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Great news,another overpriced nvidia card to add to the stack,yay.

Last edited:

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
I heard a few whispers about a GTX 790, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
It could be a new dual-GPU card. Two 780's(ti?) with 6GB of RAM. The GTX 690 has been at $1k for a long time now.

GTX 790.

I'm guessing two GTX 780's since they go for around $500 apiece. Just how the GTX 690 (and 7990) share their VRAM with both of the GPU's, the GTX 790 will probably have 6gb of VRAM to share.

But with the EVGA rep saying its not a dual GPU card, then it will be a superclocked 780 ti with 6gb of RAM.

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
My guess is a new Titan with a fully enabled GPU and slight clock bumps to 780Ti levels or slightly higher (1GHz, maybe). The current Titan will go to 780Ti pricing or go EOL.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_black_edition.html

I'm passing. I'm not playing the GK110 swap game that others don't mind playing. Maxwell will be my upgrade.

LOL i was half right in my prediction in my earlier post about this being a higher tdp card but unlimited?:awe:

I saw that comparison chart and had a good laugh, plenty of 780ti cards are overclocked out of the box at over 1Ghz core......god almighty what a joke but i will give some credit assuming a 6gb/12gb card is priced accordingly but calling a overclocked 3gb 780ti a Titan or Titan black/Ultra or whatever is beyond belief. :colbert:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_black_edition.html

I'm passing. I'm not playing the GK110 swap game that others don't mind playing. Maxwell will be my upgrade.

Good for you. Enjoy what you've got. It's likely that sli scaling wouldn't let you see any "real" improvement anyway.

"Unlimited" TDP lol

The longer we're on 28nm the higher the TDP's are going to get. I can't imagine what "Vesuvius" will be (if it's even real).

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Good for you. Enjoy what you've got. It's likely that sli scaling wouldn't let you see any "real" improvement anyway.

The longer we're on 28nm the higher the TDP's are going to get. I can't imagine what "Vesuvius" will be (if it's even real).

I have no idea about Vesuvius, how is that even possible? I hear it's non-cut down 290x GPUs which is even more mind-boggling. I guess they will have to break, no, SHATTER the 300W PCIe spec to get there. And if you thought 290 was loud wait till you hear 290x times 2.

sushiwarrior

Mar 17, 2010
That card is as likely as a dual GK110. About zero.

You could not be more wrong, whether AMD decides it is feasible to release is one thing, but the card certainly exists, and it is stock out-of-the-box Asetek watercooled.

I have no idea about Vesuvius, how is that even possible? I hear it's non-cut down 290x GPUs which is even more mind-boggling. I guess they will have to break, no, SHATTER the 300W PCIe spec to get there. And if you thought 290 was loud wait till you hear 290x times 2.

There is no 300W PCIe spec. That is a misinterpretation. You can use as much power as you want, as long as you keep adding power connectors. 2x8pins gives TONS of headroom anyways.

With a mild underclock and the asetek cooler, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Dual cards should always ship with stock WC'ing, IMO, because the air coolers are generally a joke.

Pandora's Box

Apr 26, 2011
Meh, you can get double TDP limit by flashing a custom bios. So the only thing that card has over current 780Ti's is the 6-12GB of ram.

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
LOL i was half right in my prediction in my earlier post about this being a higher tdp card but unlimited?:awe:

I saw that comparison chart and had a good laugh, plenty of 780ti cards are overclocked out of the box at over 1Ghz core......god almighty what a joke but i will give some credit assuming a 6gb/12gb card is priced accordingly but calling a overclocked 3gb 780ti a Titan or Titan black/Ultra or whatever is beyond belief. :colbert:

What makes a Titan a Titan is the DP...No need for everyone to act so shocked if this is indeed a Titan refresh. That will be the main difference between the cards...that and the available RAM.

Last edited:

Boondox

Nov 14, 2013
I would have killed to have seen another GX2 series card. I loved my trusty 9800 GX2, it just seem to play everything at max settings (1080p) and not even flinch. This is after having the card for 2+ years.

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Dual cards should always ship with stock WC'ing, IMO, because the air coolers are generally a joke.

Say what? Not everyone wants to waste space on a 120/240 rad associated with stock WC'ing, and I disagree with the statement that dual cards should always ship with WC'ing. Maybe that's a good fit for Hawaii, but in general? I can't agree. Even an open air design would IMO be more desirable - using a stock water cooler automatically eliminates anyone that doesn't want to waste space on a rad.

Last edited:

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
So a fully unlocked GK110 with FP64, 12GB of VRAM, and a 375w upper limit. Titan fire sale soon?

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
There is no 300W PCIe spec. That is a misinterpretation. You can use as much power as you want, as long as you keep adding power connectors. 2x8pins gives TONS of headroom anyways.

O RLY?

All sizes of ×4 and ×8 PCI Express cards are allowed a maximum power consumption of 25 W. All ×1 cards are initially 10 W; full-height cards may configure themselves as 'high-power' to reach 25 W, while half-height ×1 cards are fixed at 10 W. All sizes of ×16 cards are initially 25 W; like ×1 cards, half-height cards are limited to this number while full-height cards may increase their power after configuration. They can use up to 75 W (3.3 V/3 A + 12 V/5.5 A), though the specification demands that the higher-power configuration be used for graphics cards only, while cards of other purposes are to remain at 25 W. Optional connectors add 75 W (6-pin) and/or 150 W (8-pin) power for up to 300 W total (2×75 W + 1×150 W). Some cards are using two 8-pin connectors, but this has not been standardized yet, therefore such cards must not carry the official PCI-Express logo. This configuration would allow 375 W total (1×75 W + 2×150 W) and will likely be standardized by PCI-SIG with the PCI-Express 4.0 standard. The 8-pin PCI-Express connector could be mistaken with the EPS12V connector, which is mainly used for powering SMP and multi-core systems.

:hmm: