OC'ing a 2200+

Ravho

Jul 20, 2001
Sorry, :)

I'm going to get an EpoX 8K3A+
And probably some Corsair XMS Memory.. 512.
But I'm just wandering if you guys can give me some options to use while I OC it.. While the voltage, fsb, multiplier.. I wanna try and hit 2Ghz+ .. So just throw down a bunch of different settings I can use to try and reach that. The help is appreciated :)

THANKS

-Rav

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
what kind of cooling?

Dont' be shocked to see 50-70C temp readings wtih the 8k3a+, they are internal diode readings and therefore are the truest temp readings you can get iwth an AMD chip right now.

Looking at the HardOCP article regarding tbred overclocking, failure rate with internal diode temps seems to be 75-80C range. Try to keep temps below that ;).

Also, GOOD LUCK!

Mike

jaybee

Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Ravho
Sorry, :)

I'm going to get an EpoX 8K3A+
And probably some Corsair XMS Memory.. 512.
But I'm just wandering if you guys can give me some options to use while I OC it.. While the voltage, fsb, multiplier.. I wanna try and hit 2Ghz+ .. So just throw down a bunch of different settings I can use to try and reach that. The help is appreciated :)

THANKS

-Rav

I'm not familiar with Tbred unlocking, but I would definitely unlock it if I thought it doable. Here's why: with the processor locked, you will not be able to push the fsb much; however, you will want to run this setup as high fsb as you can go. I saw an XP at 1830MHz and 183fsb get >13000 3dmarks today. That's the approach I would take.

jaybee

PS Link for the above: go here, click on GF4 4400, and look at the top guy (Silver).

meson2000

Jul 18, 2001
Here is the info you need. I looks like it is REAL simple to unlock a Tbred. All you need
to do is connect one L5 bridge and you don't even need to fill any pits.

Linky