Occupy protests set for May 1

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by spidey07, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

We're talking about two different things. You're talking about how their compensation is tracked in Accounting. I'm talking about the impact they have on business revenue and profitability. That's what drives hiring and employment decisions.

2. pauldun170

pauldun170 Diamond Member

I took a stroll though Madison square park round lunch time that day.

I was reminded of this exchange from good will Hunting

3. JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda Lifer

occupy who?

4. chucky2

chucky2 Lifer

That bar exchange, and the 'apples' moment after it, is amazing in its accuracy of many of these 'super smart <insert interest> guys'. We get some infrequently through here at work. The ones that stay usually get depressed at the 2-3 year mark. They start to realize that Reality is so much different than studies, works of other super smart <> guys, etc.

It's both sad and amusing to watch at the same time....

Chuck

5. Jhhnn

Jhhnn Lifer

Yeh, you're a unique snowflake, that's for sure.

6. JohnOfSheffield

Wow, i'm all of that and humble too and i can't catch a break...

Perhaps God just hates me.

7. JohnOfSheffield

Ron Paul?

8. monovillage

monovillage Diamond Member

Here's an interesting article about the May 1st attempt by Occupy members to blow up a bridge and the Southern Poverty Law Center's reaction to that display of domestic terrorism.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...outhern-poverty-law-center-charles-c-w-cooke#

9. halik

halik Lifer

10. Ldir

Ldir Platinum Member

11. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

Part of occupy. One of OWS founding principles, along with the founding principles of communism - is to end capitalism. Or was this just another "isolated incident"?

Here's another show of what OWS stands for - taking from others that doesn't belong to you. Assholes were taking over land and using it for themselves.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20619490/uc-police-move-occupy-farm-protesters-albany

12. Ldir

Ldir Platinum Member

Is that what the voices in your head tell you? The story does not mention Occupy Wall Street at all.

13. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

Just google "occupy nato" in the news section. OWS is behind the NATO protests. And as I explained to you, the message is the same - end capitalism.

http://www.wgnradio.com/news/ct-met-nato-demonstration-plans-0513-20120513,0,4005698.story

14. Ldir

Ldir Platinum Member

15. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

Right, right...this is an isolated incident, not connected to OWS at all.

That excuse doesn't hold water anymore, especially since some occupiers tried to blow up a bridge.

16. alzan

alzan Diamond Member

Actually "some" is more like "five"

17. halik

halik Lifer

18. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

LOL! Isolated incident, not connected or part of occupy.

19. Ninjahedge

Ninjahedge Diamond Member

Wow.

A T-shirt proves it.

20. werepossum

werepossum Elite Member

This is true. Behind all these different protest groups it's the same core and the same aim - to eliminate capitalism. These people aren't anarchists, they're just Marxists.

A "Week Without Capitalism" indeed. Like anyone would notice a week without THEIR contributions to capitalism.

21. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

You'll have to forgive Spidey. He's not burdened by reality like most of the rest of us. He sees the 3% and proclaims it to be whole truth, unable to even see the 97% that contradicts him. His "brain" simply refuses to acknowledge it.

In this case, he saw 3% of the article, specifically the words "protest" and "OWS". Never mind the vast majority of other words talking about the multitude of different movements and groups involved, never mind the Chicago Tribune article clearly states, "organized by the Catholic Worker movement", never mind that this protest was an anti-war protest, something America's seen for 45 years (which is roughly 45 years longer than OWS has existed), never mind any of that because Spidey knows better. He has seen the 3% and it comprises his entire reality.

Best just to nod your head and slowly back away.

22. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

Good God, American schools must suck even more than I realized. Apparently reading comprehension is a lost art in some sectors. Did you happen to notice the headline for the page you linked? It's those big, bold words at the top of the screen:

Catholic Worker NATO protest

And if that's too subtle for you, there's the very first sentence: "About 100 demonstrators, organized by the Catholic Worker movement, ..." But no, I'm sure you and Spidey know this is really secret code for Occupy Wall Street. It must be a media conspiracy, that's the only logical* explanation. (*Where "logical" apparently means "insane".)

Here's a hint. I have a Rolling Stones t-shirt. It doesn't mean I'm a member of the band, let alone a representative for them.

Edit: I should also commend you on your commitment to emulating Spidey. Eleven pictures showing scores of signs and shirts (almost entirely with anti-war messages), yet you managed to shut them all out except for the single, solitary one that included the word "Occupy". Here's another hint. Reality isn't just the 3% sliver of the world that corroborates your biases.

#247 Bowfinger, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  23. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

Yep, that's the only reason people protest: eliminating capitalism. It's not about ending wars, the environment, fighting hunger, human rights, racial discrimination ... or ending corruption. Nope, it's all about ending capitalism. It must be true because that's what all the nutter infotainers say.

Are you going to break the bad news to the Tea Party protestors? Those fools thought they were protesting big government and high taxes. Good thing you and Spidey can set them straight.

24. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

Stopping/ending capitalism is one of the core messages of OWS and this group. They are one and the same - marxists/communists. And then we have the proof via the occupier in their group. Are you ignoring all the other "labor" groups (code word for commie) that are part of OWS? This is just another group "standing in solidarity" for OWS communists goals.

25. Icepick

Icepick Diamond Member

LOL. I'm glad I unblocked you. You're hilarious with these extremist conclusions you come up with. Now all organized labor is nothing but a front for some imaginary communist movement in America. Thanks for giving me a good laugh.