Oblivity - Mouse sensitivity analyzer for FPS games

Jul 27, 2020

Looks like a slick tool. Anyone have experience with this?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011

Looks like a slick tool. Anyone have experience with this?
have you read what it does?

"
You play a selection of scenarios matching your selected FPS game.
Each round your mouse sensitivity changes. Oblivitys algorithm tracks your performance and mouse movement data to determine the sensitivity you perform best with. Over a longer playtime, Oblivity can collect enough data to show you exactly how well you perform on different mouse sensitivity levels. "

As a serious FPS player, this is bad.very.bad
Adapting to a new sensitivity takes time, you don't just casually switch between two sensitivities. And, you know, once of the fundamental skills of being a FPS player, is being able to set up your mouse sens correctly.

If you reeeeally want to go exploring new sensitivities, do it in a game where you already perform well.

bonus reason why this is stupid N1: sens vs speed depends on how low the TTK is and how big are the hitboxes you are shooting at. CS and quake don't need the same sens.
bonus reason why this is stupid N2: $10 for an aim trainer you never heard of when there's plenty of well known, reputable aim trainers available for free

Reactions: Stg-Flame
Jul 27, 2020
I'm not really a die-hard FPS fan. If I will play an FPS game, it's more to enjoy the graphics than getting satisfaction from shooting baddies. But thanks for letting me know that there are reputable aim trainers out there. What's the best in your experience or knowledge?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I'm not really a die-hard FPS fan. If I will play an FPS game, it's more to enjoy the graphics than getting satisfaction from shooting baddies. But thanks for letting me know that there are reputable aim trainers out there. What's the best in your experience or knowledge?
the problem with aim trainers is that most only train your mouse hand, and then, mostly 2D. In real life, you shoot 3D, and do a lot of "aim" with your movement keys.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
im not sayin im good

MIvK8yq.png

just saying that i'm not terrible, when compared to actual world champion and professional full-time Quake player Anton Singov "COOLLER"

• Wow
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
the problem with aim trainers is that most only train your mouse hand, and then, mostly 2D. In real life, you shoot 3D, and do a lot of "aim" with your movement keys.
I've trained my aim over the past 20 years playing various games and I can honestly say that you're spot on about aiming by moving. The only FPS game I really play serious these days is Escape From Tarkov and if I get into a CQC fight with someone that lasts longer than the first bullet, aiming is only part of the victory. Using your movement to help align your shots is almost required with that game as well as many other games where precision shots will net you the win. Being able to and knowing how to strafe your shots into an enemy is crucial. I think people are just trying to capitalize on the newer and inexperienced generation and trying to convince them these programs will give them a leg up on the competition as a sort of "fast track" to bypass putting in the actual time to gain the skill in each game.

Besides, I remember watching some of the TF2 pro games back in 2007 and seeing the sheer size of some of their mouse pads and watching them swing their arms wildly across the desk was hilarious, but they were landing shots I could only dream about. I was a really good TF2 player, but I had just come from the older UT/Quake games where twitch shooting reigned supreme and it seemed most of the pros would opt into a much lower sensitivity and using larger mouse movements.