Obduction-creators of Myst`s new game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think I'm screwed.

On Kaptar, there is an elevator near the complex control panel. The elevator goes down to a sphere that is the counterpart to the big grey rotating sphere in the mining town. I realized I had to rotate the grey sphere so I left the wood sphere on Kaptar and took the elevator back up to near the control panel to go rotate the sphere, using a different teleporter to get back to the mining town. I positioned the grey sphere correctly and then went back to Kaptar. For some reason, the elevator is now in the down position when I return and there doesn't appear to be any method to call it back to the top and there doesn't seem to be any other path open to the wooden sphere. I had opened the two doors but the wooden sphere isn't rotated correctly to allow access from the door from the main temple area and I haven't found any entrance to the hive area other than through the wooden sphere. I'm not sure why the elevator moved.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
I think I'm screwed.

On Kaptar, there is an elevator near the complex control panel. The elevator goes down to a sphere that is the counterpart to the big grey rotating sphere in the mining town. I realized I had to rotate the grey sphere so I left the wood sphere on Kaptar and took the elevator back up to near the control panel to go rotate the sphere, using a different teleporter to get back to the mining town. I positioned the grey sphere correctly and then went back to Kaptar. For some reason, the elevator is now in the down position when I return and there doesn't appear to be any method to call it back to the top and there doesn't seem to be any other path open to the wooden sphere. I had opened the two doors but the wooden sphere isn't rotated correctly to allow access from the door from the main temple area and I haven't found any entrance to the hive area other than through the wooden sphere. I'm not sure why the elevator moved.

That is an odd problem. I'll have to think about it and see if there's a way back in. Do you have any other saves?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
All is good.

I went back into the game this evening and the elevator was back up where it was supposed to be. Not sure what happened last night.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
Nice. Definitely a few bugs still running around. Has it had a patch at all yet?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Kind of interesting, this game heats up my video card (GTX 1070) more than Doom does. Sure is pretty though.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Nice. Definitely a few bugs still running around. Has it had a patch at all yet?

Yeah, there has been a patch. I started out on GOG-3 (launch version), and they pushed out GOG-4 HOTFIX 1 last week that fixed a lot of bugs for me. Previously the game would artifact a lot and crash about every 30 minutes. After the patch it was solid.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
Kind of interesting, this game heats up my video card (GTX 1070) more than Doom does. Sure is pretty though.

This is one of the few games that has maxed my 980 Ti's video memory. I did have it maxed at 4k, though.

Yeah, there has been a patch. I started out on GOG-3 (launch version), and they pushed out GOG-4 HOTFIX 1 last week that fixed a lot of bugs for me. Previously the game would artifact a lot and crash about every 30 minutes. After the patch it was solid.

I see. By the time I beat it, it was still on GOG-1.