"Obama's Weakness is Weakness" by Dick Morris

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: Vic
I'll give Obama credit for being smart enough to play people like you with vague promises of "hope" and "change" and having people buy into it hook, line, and sinker despite the complete lack of reality to actually back it up.

I didn't mean intellectualism as an insult, quite the opposite. he just needs to avoid falling into the trap of being portrayed as yet another democratic ivy league limp wrist like Kerry fell into in '04.

Kind of like how you think you sound smart but aren't?

I don't think I sound smart. I just don't get why the necessity for Obama to not get portrayed as yet another ivy tower liberal is such a controversial idea that it's worth attacking people over.

"Hope" is an end to Bush and the Pubs.
"Change" is finally after all these years having a POTUS whose last name isn't Bush or Clinton.

There's no hook, line, and sinker about it. You just can't see the obvious, but have no problem with being condescending about your ignorance.

And last I checked, Hillary went to Yale Law.

hillary cannot win the nomination, why are you obsessed with talking about her?

She may not be able to "win" the nomination for Herself - but she can sure Screw things up for Obama who cannot "win" it clearly either

the Problem is that *perception* will turn BAD for either eventual Candidate when the Devision eventually goes to the Back Rooms of the Convention and is Decided by the Stupor Delegates ;)

Whoever loses the Democratic race will sing the praises of the winner and call for the party to unite. Right now we're airing our differences. When somebody wins the party will unite and Obama will again be a 'magic' leader. Oh you of little faith. ;)

Faith is based on an assured expectation - an evident demonstration of "realities" although not beheld.

Do not confuse your hopeful credulity with Real Faith in something Greater. Obama is a failure in his own party - he cannot even defend against Hillarys' WEAK attacks - and you magically somehow believe he will unite the nation in the face of the Strongest Political Attacks in our Nations History ..

dream on .. you will awaken after the election to find you vision is dust

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'll give Obama credit for being smart enough to play people like you with vague promises of "hope" and "change" and having people buy into it hook, line, and sinker despite the complete lack of reality to actually back it up.

I didn't mean intellectualism as an insult, quite the opposite. he just needs to avoid falling into the trap of being portrayed as yet another democratic ivy league limp wrist like Kerry fell into in '04.

I don't think I sound smart. I just don't get why the necessity for Obama to not get portrayed as yet another ivy tower liberal is such a controversial idea that it's worth attacking people over.

"Change" is finally after all these years having a POTUS whose last name isn't Bush or Clinton.

There's no hook, line, and sinker about it. You just can't see the obvious, but have no problem with being condescending about your ignorance.

She may not be able to "win" the nomination for Herself - but she can sure Screw things up for Obama who cannot "win" it clearly either

the Problem is that *perception* will turn BAD for either eventual Candidate when the Devision eventually goes to the Back Rooms of the Convention and is Decided by the Stupor Delegates ;)

Whoever loses the Democratic race will sing the praises of the winner and call for the party to unite. Right now we're airing our differences. When somebody wins the party will unite and Obama will again be a 'magic' leader. Oh you of little faith. ;)

Faith is based on an assured expectation - an evident demonstration of "realities" although not beheld.

Do not confuse your hopeful credulity with Real Faith in something Greater. Obama is a failure in his own party - he cannot even defend against Hillarys' WEAK attacks - and you magically somehow believe he will unite the nation in the face of the Strongest Political Attacks in our Nations History ..

Humanity will awaken or humanity will go extinct. What will be is the Will of God. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. I can only pray. I am that I am that I am. Go Obama! There is only love. Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis, non timebo mala........

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Humanity will awaken or humanity will go extinct. What will be is the Will of God. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. I can only pray. I am that I am that I am. Go Obama! There is only love. Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis, non timebo mala........

You have always .. in the finale ... ultimately agreed with me . . .
- i see why we are here .. unfortunately Heaven is in Chaos as i appear to have newer and more complete intel than you apparently possess. The unexpected is approaching and it is that time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My job, as I see it, as a voter, is to pick the best person for President. Obama is to my mind far and away the superior candidate. I will therefore vote for Obama and already have. I don' care what his chances are or what the Republicans will do to him. I don't care if Hillary has a better chance. I don't care what happens to the Democratic party or if it goes to shit. I don't care if an Obama as VP would put the Democrats in for 16 years. I will vote for the best candidate and nobody else, period. From my point of view the consequences you fear, if they happen, will be because other people aren't sane and didn't see that Obama is the best choice for the nation. Me to my vision and you to yours.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
My job, as I see it, as a voter, is to pick the best person for President. Obama is to my mind far and away the superior candidate. I will therefore vote for Obama and already have. I don' care what his chances are or what the Republicans will do to him. I don't care if Hillary has a better chance. I don't care what happens to the Democratic party or if it goes to shit. I don't care if an Obama as VP would put the Democrats in for 16 years. I will vote for the best candidate and nobody else, period. From my point of view the consequences you fear, if they happen, will be because other people aren't sane and didn't see that Obama is the best choice for the nation. Me to my vision and you to yours.

My view that your vision may fail has nothing to do with Public sanity but everything to do with perception and manipulation - and the Republicans are Masters of both.

As i said, i agree with you on Obama as best person for President. Obama is also to my own mind far and away the superior candidate. i will also vote for him and support him if he is on the Dem ticket as their choice.

However, in addition, i DO care about his chances and what the Republicans will do to him and what will happen if his party really does go to sh!t. i just think that you and your candidate are both selfish and shortsighted .. but as you said, you certainly can have your vision and you can also stick it .. as i will mine ... in the "hopeful" place ..
i also hope that your vision overrides mine. Mine is beyond hopeful and far more difficult to accomplish as it depends on a single Person's Wisdom and ability to do the unexpected. Although mine has a much better chance of succeeding by human planning and longer-term strategy than yours, i would be overjoyed with *either vision* - yours or mine - to turn out to be real for all of us.

rose.gif

Let's Put Our Differences Aside - Our Own Goals & Visions are nearly Identical -and let's wait to see who has the more complete data and the better analysis afterward
- it's not much longer 'till Har-mageddon unless the appeal is timely and it is also accepted
:clock:

edited

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

My view that your vision may fail has nothing to do with Public sanity but everything to do with perception and manipulation - and the Republicans are Masters of both.

As i said, i agree with you on Obama as best person for President. Obama is also to my own mind far and away the superior candidate. i will also vote for him and support him if he is on the Dem ticket as their choice.

However, in addition, i DO care about his chances and what the Republicans will do to him and what will happen if his party really does go to sh!t. i just think that you and your candidate are both selfish and shortsighted .. but as you said, you certainly can have your vision and you can also stick it .. as i will mine ... in the "hopeful" place ..
i also hope that your vision overrides mine. Mine is beyond hopeful and far more difficult to accomplish as it depends on a single Person's Wisdom and ability to do the unexpected. Although mine has a much better chance of succeeding by human planning and longer-term strategy than yours, i would be overjoyed with *either vision* - yours or mine - to turn out to be real for all of us.

rose.gif

Let's Put Our Differences Aside - Our Own Goals & Visions are nearly Identical -and let's wait to see who has the more complete data and the better analysis afterward
- it's not much longer 'till Har-mageddon unless the appeal is timely and it is also accepted

edited

Sounds OK to me. If Americans still want to be fooled by Republicans there is nothing that can be done. As I said, I care little for party. I seek a revolution in politics where the best Americans take back their government and manage it for themselves and their interests. If this government continues to govern for the top 5% is will destroy itself.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

rose.gif

edited

Sounds OK to me. If Americans still want to be fooled by Republicans there is nothing that can be done. As I said, I care little for party. I seek a revolution in politics where the best Americans take back their government and manage it for themselves and their interests. If this government continues to govern for the top 5% is will destroy itself.

so we're agreeing .. but getting nowhere .. except for "hoping"

i want a little action to create the revolution in politics you are taking about .. i have heard talk .. forever
"wanting to be fooled" .. do you mean as in "ignorance is bliss" ?
- well, we all need a wake-up call

How do we do it?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
Anyone vs McCain:

81% polled think that the country is going in the wrong direction.

and yet he's running even with Obama nationally.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How do we do it?

Look at the problem. I want change but they say one can only change oneself. But wait. If I really wanted to change myself I would, no? Who is this me that wants to change. Why isn't it my dissatisfied ego? Yes, my ego wants to stop being an ego. I must be kidding, no? How is the self going to will the self to die?

It ain't going to happen. The only change the ego will abide is to buy into some sort of lie. I'm a Christian and now I am saved. I'm a Buddhist and I believe in love. You name it, it's already been done. One can come to the end of games, the end of thought, the end of hope for anything at all and look into the emptiness that is everything, like a man on a cliff with a tiger above and a tiger below, a hand on a vine with fingers weakening and he saw a strawberry growing there, plucked it, and it tasted so good.