Obama's Share

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Just pointing out that if you say you make jack shit compared to them and you are paying in the 20's then you are bringing home over $150k+ a year(assuming you are single) in order to be paying this much. I would consider $150k+ a year for a single person respectable income. Unless you are just overestimating what your actual income tax rate you where paying so you can try to make some point against Obama.

They are millionaires. I am not. I do make jack shit compared to them.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I liked Ron Paul for being a principled man and fighting the fight (even though I disagree with a lot of his policies). However, last time I checked Ron Paul isn't in government anymore and we can look at what he DID, but who is taking his place? Who is following his lead? Of the thousands of politicians you mean to tell me you guys only have one guy that follows through with his convictions despite what the law is?

So we have Obama who is doing more than any other politician in terms of following through with his convictions but it's not good enough? Kick the only guy trying? That makes sense.

100% or nothing right? Black or white, right? Do you guys meet your own standards or is your cop out that you aren't a politician?

All I see are hypocrites who think their shit don't smell even though they are full if shit.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
He's not being FORCED to take it though, is he?

You can be against something and still draw from it, if he had had a choice he would have never contributed. Not many people actually hold that against folks like Paul, he was forced to contribute to a system he disagrees with and because of his beliefs you think he is being a hypocrite for taking back what is rightfully his. Given his career and income I'd imagine he wouldn't even break even.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I liked Ron Paul for being a principled man and fighting the fight (even though I disagree with a lot of his policies). However, last time I checked Ron Paul isn't in government anymore and we can look at what he DID, but who is taking his place? Who is following his lead? Of the thousands of politicians you mean to tell me you guys only have one guy that follows through with his convictions despite what the law is?

So we have Obama who is doing more than any other politician in terms of following through with his convictions but it's not good enough? Kick the only guy trying? That makes sense.

100% or nothing right? Black or white, right? Do you guys meet your own standards or is your cop out that you aren't a politician?

All I see are hypocrites who think their shit don't smell even though they are full if shit.

I think with the political leeway the President had he got most of everything he could get accomplished. During his first term, AHCA took a hell of alot of time and effort. After AHCA he didn't really have much left. Some of the smaller things were taken care of, but some weren't like GITMO which funny enough Republicans wanted to leave open but when he leaves it open they say it is a failure of his Presidency.

There is more than just one guy following in his footsteps other than his son. But frankly on a pure principle standpoint it's only a handful. In politics as Ron Paul showed standing on principles does not really get you anywhere. We need those types of people in there to provide a counter weight but they cannot really build the coalitions they need to get things done if they refuse to budge on anything.

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
As Fern pointed out people who donate a massive amount of money to charity don't have big tax rates when compared to AGI, news at 11.

People who used AGI to calculate Romney's tax rate were dumb.
People who use AGI to calculate Obama's tax rate are dumb.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You can be against something and still draw from it, if he had had a choice he would have never contributed. Not many people actually hold that against folks like Paul, he was forced to contribute to a system he disagrees with and because of his beliefs you think he is being a hypocrite for taking back what is rightfully his. Given his career and income I'd imagine he wouldn't even break even.

I think this was all brought up in the context of complaints about Obama not paying more taxes.

To me there is nothing wrong with Ron Paul drawing from SS even though he doesn't like it. Similarly, there is no need for Obama to pay higher taxes unilaterally, even if he thinks taxes on the wealthy should be higher.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
They are millionaires. I am not. I do make jack shit compared to them.

There is a difference between net worth and bringing in over 1 million a year in income. So Obama made around 1/2 Million last year and you made at least $150k ( to be paying a 20% or higher Federal income tax rate) and you are saying you make jack shit compared to them? Unless your story about paying a federal income tax rate of in the 20's last year is just BS.

Apr 27, 2012
Love the hypocrisy from obama and his supporters defending him. Whatever happened to the same leftists who wanted romney to pay his fair share?

It seems they only want those on the other side to pay their fair share.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
There is a difference between net worth and bringing in over 1 million a year in income. So Obama made around 1/2 Million last year and you made at least $150k ( to be paying a 20% or higher Federal income tax rate) and you are saying you make jack shit compared to them? Unless your story about paying a federal income tax rate of in the 20's last year is just BS.

Last year was the first time in a while they didn't make $1M plus.

Stop trying to call bullshit, it isn't working. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to my finances. I do.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Why did he take those deductions? He's been rallying to eliminate them. He could have simply not taken the deductions.

Pure hypocrite.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Last year was the first time in a while they didn't make $1M plus.

Stop trying to call bullshit, it isn't working. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to my finances. I do.

In 2011 they also didn't make 1Million plus either. They made around $800k which isn't $1M plus. It isn't a hard concept. You are just over stating the % of income you paid in Federal Income taxes. The tax tables are public knowledge. It isn't hard to double check. You just didn't expect somebody to check your figures for what you where claiming.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Why did he take those deductions? He's been rallying to eliminate them. He could have simply not taken the deductions.

Pure hypocrite.

I love people who jump into a thread with 90-odd posts and don't read any of the previous posts.

Especially when their contributions are so ... enlightening.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I've read it.

Why did he take deductions he seeks to eliminate? He didn't have to.

That's pure fuckstain hypocrisy.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I've read it.

Why did he take deductions he seeks to eliminate? He didn't have to.

That's pure fuckstain hypocrisy.

Nah. Hypocrisy is spewing anti-gubmint anti-tax bullshit while you enjoy the benefits of your spouse having a fat public sector job...

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm not surprised.

Why would he take those deductions when he's been lobbying to eliminate them.

That's the definition of hypocrisy. He is not required to claim them.

I donate a lot to charity btw. I know I don't have to take those evil deductions.

Why did Obama take them if he didn't have to and had been very opossed to these deductions?

He's a fucking hypocrite.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Nah. Hypocrisy is spewing anti-gubmint anti-tax bullshit while you enjoy the benefits of your spouse having a fat public sector job...

That's what I call getting my money back actually.

I'm the bread winner. She's nothing but tasty gravy.