Obama's proxy war on christianity

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Can't wait to see incorruptible's response.

But seriously I find it funny that it sounds like your basic starting position is that the administration had been chomping at the bit to arm anyone. Anyone with half a brain knows that Syria is a mess and the rebels are al over the map. The only thing uniting them is a desire to overthrow Assad.

So I reject your position that the administration is engaged in a proxy war on Christianity. If you really believe that them you'll also have to accept that John McCain is also out to see Christians killed.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Obama is on Obama's side. Some benefit and others are collateral damage.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Can't wait to see incorruptible's response.

But seriously I find it funny that it sounds like your basic starting position is that the administration had been chomping at the bit to arm anyone. Anyone with half a brain knows that Syria is a mess and the rebels are al over the map. The only thing uniting them is a desire to overthrow Assad.

So I reject your position that the administration is engaged in a proxy war on Christianity. If you really believe that them you'll also have to accept that John McCain is also out to see Christians killed.

I disagree with both Obama and McCain siding with the rebels. There are no good sides in Syria.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I disagree with both Obama and McCain siding with the rebels. There are no good sides in Syria.

Not all actors in Syria are bad. But I agree that it's a conflict with little upside for the US and we should stay out unless the Assad regime uses chemical weapons in a large scale. What I disagree with is the assertion that the administration is engaged in a proxy war on Christianity.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Not all actors in Syria are bad. But I agree that it's a conflict with little upside for the US and we should stay out unless the Assad regime uses chemical weapons in a large scale. What I disagree with is the assertion that the administration is engaged in a proxy war on Christianity.

The rebel we are supporting being filmed engaged in eating a human heart might be an indicator of the rebels merits. That's not to say the regime troops are any less evil.

It's not our country or our problem/threat...we need to keep out.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
OP
oinHrIB.jpg

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The rebel we are supporting being filmed engaged in eating a human heart might be an indicator of the rebels merits. That's not to say the regime troops are any less evil.

It's not our country or our problem/threat...we need to keep out.

Well I thought Obama ate dog as a child. Maybe he developed a taste for... exotic.. meats and feels a certain kinship with the rebels?

Apr 27, 2012
I wouldn't consider it a proxy war on Christianity since it wasn't intended.

obama and his supporters are idiots and because of this he will arm the rebels who are linked to al-qaida. These rebels will kill Christians which are the unintended consequences. obama doesn't care just like the same way he doesn't care about killing innocent children in Pakistan.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Holy shit what a stretch! OP is going to need a few weeks at the chiropractor to get his spine back into alignment.

This, folks, is how you cross the line from blatant partisan hack to complete and utter lunacy.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Obama and west is under tremendous pressure from their rich overlords in saudi/kuwait/Qatar and whatnot who don't want thier sunni brother slaughtered and shia influence taking over gulf as well as stability withing each country. It's a huge issue that goes way beyond a priest getting killed but effects whole regions stability.

I already know there will be massive bloodletting and payback if rebels win and I'm sure our government knows it too as they learned in tunisia/egypt and lybia which is why they are giving limited support to force balanced peace talks in Geneva. It's a careful balancing act that effects a lot more than your simple narrative.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yep, Obama is conducting a war on christianity.

Just like Reagan did against catholicism when our El Sal friends were raping and murdering American nuns.

Makes perfect sense.

Jun 26, 2007
Ok, let's get this straight, VERY FEW of the rebels are linked to Al Quaida while the majority are former Syrian civilians with no involvement in any of this sheit.

Meanwhile Assad has actively killed 50 000 people with the help of Hisb'Allah, there is one side here that is about 5000 times worse.

I think it's a bit too late to support the rebels now, if we had gone in with support early it wouldn't have come to this.

Jun 26, 2007
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-as-men-and-children-take-pictures-and-cheer/

Syrian Muslim rebels are killing Christian priests.

And who side is Obama on?
And what side is Obama arming?

That's right the Muslims that are now killing Christians.

Obama's war on Christianity now extends to actually killing them.

Between this and the "Obama has thought about forcing churches to marry gays because he says he won't so then he must have thought about it" thread there is a tad too much persecution complex going on for the Christians of this forum.

And i'm not saying that because i'm an extremist anti-religious man, i'm saying that because it's absolutely true. When you have to reach beyond arms length to make a connection it's probably not a connection worth making.

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
Why not simply outlaw religion altogether?

Declare Religion as the scourge of civilisation. Cite the millions and millions dead over the last couple centuries as ample proof that religious hatred is the cause of the great majority of modern terrorism. Indeed, a case could be made that nearly all misery and suffering has ties to organized religion in one form or another. And since the best approaches solve all problems at the source, it's perfectly logical.

Of course, discrimination is terrible.. And since the world's religions have been completely unable to prove themselves as 'The One True' for the same thousands of years over which humanity has suffered at their hands... The only rational solution is to exterminate them all.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
michal1980

I heard that Obama had a second glass of water with supper last night. He probably lets the water run while he brushes his teeth too. He is obviously trying to deprive some Christian in the SW of desperately needed water during the heatwave.

Better call Issa to start an investigation.

Apr 27, 2012
Ok, let's get this straight, VERY FEW of the rebels are linked to Al Quaida while the majority are former Syrian civilians with no involvement in any of this sheit.

Meanwhile Assad has actively killed 50 000 people with the help of Hisb'Allah, there is one side here that is about 5000 times worse.

I think it's a bit too late to support the rebels now, if we had gone in with support early it wouldn't have come to this.

Are you suggesting we should have got involved with Syria? Do you not understand the Constitution and non-interventionist foreign policy?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Why not simply outlaw religion altogether?

Declare Religion as the scourge of civilisation. Cite the millions and millions dead over the last couple centuries as ample proof that religious hatred is the cause of the great majority of modern terrorism. Indeed, a case could be made that nearly all misery and suffering has ties to organized religion in one form or another. And since the best approaches solve all problems at the source, it's perfectly logical.

Of course, discrimination is terrible.. And since the world's religions have been completely unable to prove themselves as 'The One True' for the same thousands of years over which humanity has suffered at their hands... The only rational solution is to exterminate them all.

You mean like the 10s of millions killed by the Atheistic communists over the last century? :confused:

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
You mean like the 10s of millions killed by the Atheistic communists over the last century? :confused:

That was a head start.

Checking the proportion of the global population who have some religion, the number should have been 10's of billions, given that something like 80% of the people in the world have some religious affiliation, however slight.

Added benefit: the contribution from human activity towards Global Warming would also be substantially reduced.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
How are we still letting this fucktard of an OP still make threads? They're getting dumber and are filled with idiotic, vitriolic bullshit.

Apr 27, 2012
How are we still letting this fucktard of an OP still make threads? They're getting dumber and are filled with idiotic, vitriolic bullshit.

The same reason that you're allowed to post here?

Nice to see you don't like freedom of speech. I always knew you were garbage.