Obama's New $500,000 Ride

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Text

That's hot! It eats IEDs for breakfast and rifle bullets for lunch. And it continues the Obama tradition of driving in American made automobiles (I thought it was cool that his personal vehicle before he ran for President was an Escape Hybrid).

The picture in the link makes me think of a bizarro Driving Miss Daisy.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Who was the last US president who had a limo that wasn't American-made?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
More GOP sour grapes, if John McCain just got 96 more electoral votes, and Obama 96 less, the dream team of McCain Palin could pick up a hitchhiking Joe the plumber in the same ride, and what a wonderful world it would be. But its still not as cool as the popemobile.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Is he putting the "taxation without representation" sticker on the Obamamobile?

This is off-topic, but can't they just split up DC so that 1/2 of its citizens vote in VA and 1/2 vote in MD for senate/whatever?

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Silly, silly Brits...

[*] it's gas, not petrol
[*] that's a trunk, not a boot
[*] 'Tire' is spelled with an 'i'

;)

Nathan

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
For Obama its a welfare Cadillac, if McCain had won we would need to get him a no longer made Plymouth Roadrunner, with a beep beep horn. And an always pursuing Wile E. Coyote would be another extra cost option. What good is a automobile if it can't be hijacked to Cuba?

Just get them an Abrams tank with its companion bulldozer, just the thing needed to deal with pesky rush hour traffic.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: gevorg
Ugly car. Should have went with a custom Benz.

I'm no fan of what this car is, but a Benz? Bah. It is too bad they no longer make Deusenbergs... The POTUS should be moved around in style. Besides, GM/Ford/Chrysler could use presidential transport to really make a statement...can you image Obama going around in an up-armored version of the Cadillac Sixteen concept? That would be awesome...

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor
That's fake. Just by reading some of the items described you can tell it's not realistic. Someone's imaginative creation.

None of the features are different than the POTUS current ride.

I dont understand why any of this is a big deal. They had the old one in a documentary on discovery or history channel.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Actually Obama had a Chrysler 300C as his personal ride. It wasn't until he really got in the public eye and gave into the greenies that he trade it in for an Escape Hybrid.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: NTB
Silly, silly Brits...

[*] it's gas, not petrol

;)

Nathan

Actually the industry name is mogas - short for motor gasoline as opposed to avgas - aviation gasoline.

Petrol is derived from Petroleum spirit which is kinda understandable, but where the F did the term boot come from to mean the trunk?!!!

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Silly, silly Brits...

[*] it's gas, not petrol

;)

Nathan

It's kinda funny considering they invented the language ;)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Farang
Originally posted by: Baked
Originally posted by: Farang
Originally posted by: Nebor
That's fake. Just by reading some of the items described you can tell it's not realistic. Someone's imaginative creation.

Also is there any vehicle that can reach its max speed in 15 seconds?

You ever watch top fuel drag racing? 336mph in about 4.5 sec.

ok besides cars that are specifically designed only for acceleration. I don't see why the presidential limo would be designed like a dragster

I'm inclined to support the expenditure of my tax dollars on a presidential dragster. We could get rid of Marine One and Air Force One. The Pres could pop a wheelie from coast to coast. Limos are boring.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Silly, silly Brits...

[*] it's gas, not petrol

;)

Nathan

It's kinda funny considering they invented the language ;)

And they bastardize it.

Fo beh-uh or f'wose.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
ironwing is a poster after my own heart, after all we are talking about the Limbaugh messiah here, nothing but the fastest,swiftest, and safest will due. Added flying carpet technology required to seal the deal.

But if we cannot see the humor in absurd threads, we on P&N are dull fellows indeed. As for me, I have my Peeping Tom plans to test reality, I shall sneak into the Whitehouse bedroom, and see for myself, if President Obama does indeed put his legs into his pants one leg at a time like the rest of us, or if he just levitates into them magically like your average Messiah.

I shall post my results on the morning of 1/21/2009. And thereafter I will choose the Presidential dog in the interests of ending all nation speculation on any and all issues.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Actually Obama had a Chrysler 300C as his personal ride. It wasn't until he really got in the public eye and gave into the greenies that he trade it in for an Escape Hybrid.

"Gave into the greenies"? Wow, I need to see a link about this green pressure you speak of; everything I've read has indicated the Chrysler 300C was ditched because it was an unreliable heap of shit with poor fuel efficiency. "Toyota" seems to be a good answer to both of those failings, but don't let that stop any digs towards *shudder* THE GREENIES!!!

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Presidential limos have always been pretty high tech, they take years to produce a new one. Pretty trippy that they carry compatible blood in one for the president.

Gand1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 1999
OK the compatible blood thing.....is it his blood or is it donor blood? Red blood cells only have a shelf life of 42 days so who gets to be tapped for that? Oh and the top speed... 60mph?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Gand1
OK the compatible blood thing.....is it his blood or is it donor blood? Red blood cells only have a shelf life of 42 days so who gets to be tapped for that? Oh and the top speed... 60mph?

It's a tank, not a nascar racer. 6ft tall and fortified with 5-8" thick armor plated steel for chrissake. It must weigh 12-15,000 lbs.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Gand1

I'd imagine they're getting it from a blood bank or hospital or something.