Obama won top earners (even with promised tax increase)

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
I think its telling the shift in thinking that Obama won among top earners (those making 200k+) even with promising to raise there taxes and cost them millions.

$200,000 or More (6%)

52% Obama

46% McCain

2% Other

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#USP00p1

Funny how everyone was say crying about his tax plan, yet the people it actually affected negatively voted in favor of it.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
They didn't want Joe the Plumber to join their ranks either! :D

Most of the Wealthy realize that they have it good and have an obligation to give back.

dsity

Jan 5, 2005
They realized with another bush in office, they would actually lose more money that way.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
yeah, so let me get this straight:
100% of Repubicans are upset about 6% of the people's taxes that will be raised by 3%.
Yet those 6% don't give a fck 52% of the time. ;)

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Make it up on the back end via subsidies. Be nice to see the break down by incomes higher than 200K. Like for instance what % of filthy rich warren buffet pay 15% capital gain type voted for Obama. People not affected at all by a raise on income taxes.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: dsity
They realized with another bush in office, they would actually lose more money that way.

Wait, haven't lefties been talking about how well the rich have done under bush and the rising 'income gap'?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
100% of Repubicans are upset about 6% of the people's taxes that will be raised by 3%.

A good slave will always defend its master.

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Make it up on the back end via subsidies. Be nice to see the break down by incomes higher than 200K. Like for instance what % of filthy rich warren buffet pay 15% capital gain type voted for Obama. People not affected at all by a raise on income taxes.

And also won't be affected by Obama's plan to eliminate the cap on the payroll tax.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

:laugh:

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Genx87

Or maybe, just maybe some people voted thinking about hte good of the country rather than thier own pocketbook. Is that possible? I know its not a "republican" way of thinking, but it does happen.

ParticleMan

Nov 3, 2008
Originally posted by: RichardE
I think its telling the shift in thinking that Obama won among top earners (those making 200k+) even with promising to raise there taxes and cost them millions.

$200,000 or More (6%)

52% Obama

46% McCain

2% Other

Funny how everyone was say crying about his tax plan, yet the people it actually affected negatively voted in favor of it.

Well half of them, anyway.

So I guess... what's your point? That in the $200K+ income bracket the percentages were exactly what they were in all the other income brackets? Wow. Major revelation.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
The top earners didn't earn much when Bush ran the economy into the shitter.

Just ask the top earners at Lehman :laugh:

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: ParticleMan

$200,000 or More (6%)

52% Obama

46% McCain

2% Other

Well half of them, anyway.

So I guess... what's your point? That in the $200K+ income bracket the percentages were exactly what they were in all the other income brackets? Wow. Major revelation.

They were were not the same. What are you talking about?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
So in 2001 when the markets crapped was the bushes fault hardly. To be honest i DON'T KNOW HOW THEY PULLED THIS OFF AS LONG AS THEY DID.

You guys need to know what info was in those 3 buildings that went down on 9/11.

I was amased that They bandaided it for 7 years. outstanding work . Had Clinton not passed the stupid housing funding for people who didn't have wages good enough or the ability to budget. Once its law Bush couldn't stop it. This one is on Billies head not bushes.

Jul 7, 2008
Originally posted by: Insomniator
I think it's more guilt than intelligence.

obama is "in". it's like a trend, regardless of how frivolous or silly it is.

plus, liberals have a majority in the top-earners kingdom...so yeah.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
shocking stat is that single women voted for Obama 70-30%.

Married women voted for McCain I think by 55-45 or something.

That is one stat I can't explain.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
So in 2001 when the markets crapped was the bushes fault hardly. To be honest i DON'T KNOW HOW THEY PULLED THIS OFF AS LONG AS THEY DID.

You guys need to know what info was in those 3 buildings that went down on 9/11.

I was amased that They bandaided it for 7 years. outstanding work . Had Clinton not passed the stupid housing funding for people who didn't have wages good enough or the ability to budget. Once its law Bush couldn't stop it. This one is on Billies head not bushes.

:confused:

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MikeyLSU

Bolded correlates with the youth vote. The dumb ones get knocked up early and marry. The smarter ones stay single longer and are less frightened of negroes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1

Leftover campaign slime, or what?

Oct 30, 2004

Maybe they figured that the money given to the lower classes would just trickle back up to them anyway and that they might be better off having higher taxes, a stronger and more expansive middle class, a better economy, and less crime than having lower taxes and a shrinking middle class.

Jul 7, 2008
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: MikeyLSU

Bolded correlates with the youth vote. The dumb ones get knocked up early and marry. The smarter ones stay single longer and are less frightened of negroes.

yes, that's right. the stupid housewives pale in comparison to the independent, typically-liberal but overly-zealous "intellectuals" who pass themselves off as sophisticated and informed.

i rather be a stupid housewife then drown in my own bullshit.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006

$200,000 or More (6%)

52% Obama

46% McCain

2% Other

(posted from another similar thread)

Well, its nice that certain rich people want to help the "poor" by raising taxes. However, why not have these people donate the money themselves rather than forcing everyone to do it via tax hikes?

Just because George Clooney wants to spend some of his money on the poor, it makes no sense for him to force other rich people to.

What happens when a small business owner (or even a large one) wants to create a new product to sell, but cannot hire enough people because the tax rates are too high? Unemployment.

For the rich that have money to burn, let them donate it on their own free will. For the rich that need money to help the economy create jobs, let them keep it and not hamper them by redistributing their money.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Here the majority of people whom I spoke with that voted democratic on average were of higher income or very very low income...wheras the middle and upper middle class folks I know voted pretty solidly republican as they all feel that the tax burdens will ultimately rest on their shoulders regardless of what Obama claims.