Obama White House has been the most supportive administration to Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 1999
According to Israel's Minister of Defense:
(CNN) – Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said the Obama White House has been the most supportive administration throughout the two countries' diplomatic relations on matters of Israeli security, in an interview to air Monday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

Barak -also a former prime minister of Israel - said that though historically administrations from both political parties have supported the Jewish state President Obama's support, security-wise, is unparalleled.

"I think that from my point of view as defense minister they are extremely good, extremely deep and profound. I can see long years, um, administrations of both sides of political aisle deeply supporting the state of Israeli and I believe that reflects a profound feeling among the American people," said Barak. "But I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing in regard to our security more than anything that I can remember in the past."

Asked by Blitzer if the president has been more supportive than previous administrations' Barak said, "In terms of the support for our security, the cooperation of our intelligence, the sharing of sorts in a very open way even when there are differences which are not simple sometimes, I've found their support for our defense very stable."

Pressed if the Obama administration has been the most supportive ever, throughout history of U.S.-Israeli relations, Barak affirmed, saying that from his recollection of President Carter forward - "the defense relation between Israel and the United States are extremely stable and good."
More at link:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/30/ehud-barak-sings-praises-of-obama-administration/

Clearly Obama is setting Israel up just like the NRA and gun owners to pull the rug out from under them in a second term.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
According to Israel's Minister of Defense:

More at link:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/30/ehud-barak-sings-praises-of-obama-administration/

Clearly Obama is setting Israel up just like the NRA and gun owners to pull the rug out from under them in a second term.

So your take away from that is Obama intends to use this 'positiveness' to win the election and then do a full 180? If that was supposed to be sarcasm I guess missed it, otherwise...o_O:rolleyes:

Jan 25, 2011
So your take away from that is Obama intends to use this 'positiveness' to win the election and then do a full 180? If that was supposed to be sarcasm I guess missed it, otherwise...o_O:rolleyes:

Definitely sarcasm. The GOP meme has been "Obama has been the worst President for..." and just tack on anything, Israel included.

Facts be damned on how Israeli's feel about Obama, the right knows better than they do I suppose.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
What do you expect Israel to say? Did you think they would say "We know you might win the next election, but we think you suck and we hate you and everything you have done."?

Are you a moron?

Status
Not open for further replies.