Obama vs JFK

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Deliximus
Obama is his own man.

Which to me is by far the most interesting thing about him. He doesn't appear to feel trapped by racial context, social context, or anything else society dictates upon normal people as what they should owe to various groups.

This could actually make President-Elect Obama a very dangerous man, but it seems to have done the opposite. You watch the guy interact with his kids and you know that the guy wouldn't do anything that would hurt them or, if he can help it, the world they'll have to grow up in. I'll probably disagree with the majority of his policies over the next eight years, but I don't doubt he believes he is doing the right thing and will put due diligence behind his decisions.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: yllus
Originally posted by: Deliximus
Obama is his own man.

Which to me is by far the most interesting thing about him. He doesn't appear to feel trapped by racial context, social context, or anything else society dictates upon normal people as what they should owe to various groups.

This could actually make President-Elect Obama a very dangerous man, but it seems to have done the opposite. You watch the guy interact with his kids and you know that the guy wouldn't do anything that would hurt them or, if he can help it, the world they'll have to grow up in. I'll probably disagree with the majority of his policies over the next eight years, but I don't doubt he believes he is doing the right thing and will put due diligence behind his decisions.

What excellent instincts. You may become a progressive.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
If Obama brought a blonde hollywood starlet back to the white house... michelle obama looks mean enough to kick both their asses... whereas Jackie Kennedy just sat back and took it.