Obama trades one, for five Gitmo

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My sour grapes? Obviously you have me mistaken for someone else. Oh that right, you're just another political hack just like Michal1980, just on the other side of the same coin.
OK buddy. :rolleyes: You're the one bringing Bush into the equation, dragging up shit that was slung last decade. Did you forget already?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Its amazing how quickly a brotherhood can turn its back on a traitor?

Except that they didn't turn their back on him. They still did their job.

But I'm glad you are with the guilty until proven innocent crowd, it fits you.

Last edited:

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
A sense of honour lost in the political moment

In Time of Obama, dereliction of duty is heroism, releasing mass murderers with American blood on their hands is a good way to start a peace process, negotiating with terrorists is not negotiating with terrorists, and exchanging senior Taliban commanders for a lone American soldier is not an incentive to take other Americans hostage but rather proof that the US brings its people home.

In Time of Obama, we may get the facts about the circumstances of Bergdahl’s disappearance and captivity. But first his parents are going to get an invitation to the White House so President Barack Obama can milk the occasion for his own political purposes...

In the meantime, think of what it says about the administration’s concept of honour that it considers Bergdahl’s release a point for political boasting.

Consider what that says to enemies who, say what you will about them, care about honour, and suspect we have none.
President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, said on ABC that Bowe Bergdahl "served the United States with honor and distinction" and that "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield."
If the Obama Administration likes their 'honor and distinction,' they can keep their 'honor and distinction.'

Uno
Sentry Dog Handler
US Army 69-71

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Except that they didn't turn their back on him. They still did their job.

But I'm glad you are with the guilty until proven innovent crowd, it fits you.

I suggest you review my posts on the subject. Each one has been prefaced with : "If he is a deserter..."

We don't know. It is unusual for military men to call one a deserter undeservedly however.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
No, it means that it was somehow a defining characteristic of his presidency is silliness. Obama has not been particularly hypocritical as compared to any other president, and the idea that it's some realization that people needed to come to is absurd.

You clearly have forgotten, or are ignoring, the myriad of 'Obama can do no wrong' posts on here.

Yes, all presidents are hypocritical, but Obama beat a pretty self-righteous drum during his 2008 campaign. So sorry to disappoint you, but hypocrisy is one of the defining characteristics of his presidency.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You clearly have forgotten, or are ignoring, the myriad of 'Obama can do no wrong' posts on here.

Yes, all presidents are hypocritical, but Obama beat a pretty self-righteous drum during his 2008 campaign. So sorry to disappoint you, but hypocrisy is one of the defining characteristics of his presidency.
If there are a myriad of "Obama can do no wrong" posts, surely you can link a single example. More likely, you just feel that way due to the overwhelming number of times he is falsely attacked by the GOP.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
BpS7Pj1CcAI7JR7.jpg:large

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You know how I know propaganda works on a weak mind? Look at the previous post.