Obama takes 767 to see Grandma in Hawaii.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

------------------------------------
Trolling started in this thread has caused the lock

Senior Anandtech moderator
Common Courtesy

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corbett
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

How much did it cost to fly to New York for said shopping spree? What plane was taken to New York? Regular airlines?

Also, see answer above. By the way, just how was he supposed to get there, swim? He can't fly regular airlines and you know that. Sure, he could have taken a smaller jet. You're really reaching to compare this to $150,000 of extravagent clothing bought for Palin to parade around the country.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Keep groping repuggy. You might just hit on something eventually.

Great entertainment though - watching repugs stammer and protest into the wind as they sink into the sunset.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
This is absolute bullshit!
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Corbett; I'm going to disregard the mess the Republicans created, forget about Palin being one heartbeat from the presidency and turn a blind eye to all the policy differences between McCain and Obama.....and vote McCain for this...
Do you honestly think this is a vote changer...
Jeez...the Republicans are really struggling for a message.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett
Discuss.
Shouldn't you be in church begging for forgiveness? Pst, even God thinks you are a joke.

Why didn't Palin take a sled and a team of dogs from Alaska down to the contiguous 48 when she got the call? Huh?

Face facts, you would have found fault with him had he swam to Hawaii. You would have claimed he was trying to draw attention to how the water beads off his hair.

You are bankrupt.

midway

Oct 22, 2004
The suggestion that he should have taken a commercial flight is insane, the secret service would never allow it. Also his entire staff and media travel on that plane with him, its physical location isn't overly important to to work that can get done on it.

It's so cute to see you guys grasp at straws.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The visit to Hawaii to see his ailing grandmother was just an excuse for him to take a few days off from the campaign trail. His real motive was to "try" to locate his original birth certificate - or any other "actual and factual" birth information from the Honolulu hospital. However, that granny angle was a good diversion.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: midway
The suggestion that he should have taken a commercial flight is insane, the secret service would never allow it. Also his entire staff and media travel on that plane with him, its physical location isn't overly important to to work that can get done on it.

It's so cute to see you guys grasp at straws.
QFT

btw I am waiting for the right wing wacko websites to say Obama went to Hawaii to kill his grandmother so she wouldn't reveal he was born in Kenya.
/cue

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: T2T III
The visit to Hawaii to see his ailing grandmother was just an excuse for him to take a few days off from the campaign trail. His real motive was to "try" to locate his original birth certificate - or any other "actual and factual" birth information from the Honolulu hospital. However, that granny angle was a good diversion.

:disgust:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

:cookie:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: RKDaley

T2T III has really drunk the kool-aid deep.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: techs

T2T III has really drunk the kool-aid deep.

I don't drink Kool-Aid, nor do I own a gun and my religious beliefs are that of an agnostic. I think you're just about out of euphemisms in trying to link me to the rest of the Right wing party. :D

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Gawd. I'm starting to love the smell of rightwing fear and hatred in the morning. The reek even passes thru the intartubes.

As an Obama contributor, I'm glad to have been of help to him in a time of family troubles, and offer my hopes that everything turns out OK.

I'm gonna send a coupla hundred more, I think, just to express my sympathy.

Too bad for the skinflint Righties that didn't do the same early on, forcing their candidate onto public financing, the politician's equivalent of Welfare...

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

I don't even know where to begin. Where did you get that zinger, Fox News or Rush?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Gawd. I'm starting to love the smell of rightwing fear and hatred in the morning. The reek even passes thru the intartubes.
The only stench is going to be the smell of the rotten caviar from Obama's post-election party since he will have to turn it into a concession party. :D

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The only stench is going to be the smell of the rotten caviar from Obama's post-election party since he will have to turn it into a concession party. :D

Marked.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Really really good diversion because he's going to do all that in broad daylight knowing the press, being liberal, won't report it. He's a genius.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Keep telling yourself that. Shucks, McCain is so far ahead that all the Bush Faithful should just stay home on election day- let swing voters carry the election for 'em...

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004

T2T III, what most people are failing to realize is that this issue was created by Obama. If it was picked up by rightwing media, it would have been a masterful tactic, but it has backfired on him.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Tool. And I don't mean the great band. I mean you're a tool.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Keep telling yourself that. Shucks, McCain is so far ahead that all the Bush Faithful should just stay home on election day- let swing voters carry the election for 'em...

Just like I've heard McCain state about 3 times so far at rallies..."We've got them right where we want them".

tvarad

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Isn't Obama's campaign plane a Boeing 757 which is a much smaller plane than the 767? And wouldn't the Republicans love to have seen Obama take a regular flight that would take off some more time of his from the campaign trail.

Anyways, I wonder if anyone has noticed that the Republicans have thrown the "family values" plank they used for so many years under the bus in this presidential campaign. Is it because Obama is actually practising those values as evidenced by this trip while the Republicans who spouted them were caught trying to bang guys in airport bathrooms and the like?