obama 'speech'

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
First off for me is the question of whether it's all a subjective situation, nobody is any more right than anybody else, or if we see a range from rational to mentally ill.

Well that's simple enough. The latter is correct and not the former. When people argue against facts that are well established with empirical evidence present, they are for certain wrong. Possibly mentally ill or at least just grossly misinformed and incapable or unwilling to employ rational judgment and utilize critical thinking skills. Or they could just be deceitful, immoral and unethically accepting bribes to further line the pockets of their puppet masters.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
I find it interesting how different people view the same words. I found most of his speech refreshing. It was nice to hear a message of progress and positivity in a media storm of fear and divisiveness.

oh please. Progress and positivity? The guy was divisive for 7+ years and now talks about progress and positivity?

Obama's progress: Rich even richer

Obama's positivity: Global warming will kill the planet.

Tombstone1881

Aug 8, 2014
Divisive for 7 years? Obama has bent over backwards trying to work with republicans who refuse to work with him. Obama would always compromise even BEFORE negotiations would begin and republicans still are never happy. Even when Boehner admits "We got 98% of what we wanted", GOP wieners still cried the negotiations.

I'm glad I'm not a republican. I'd hate to have to run around all the time being miserable about everything, and having to claim to be a victim all the time, and just being plain heartless. Personally, I'd be thrilled to see more research for the cure to cancer. I applaud that move, but then I'm not a republican who would oppose such research just because I don't like the president. Who cares how many more people die, just so the president doesn't get his way?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So, no crying this time? No channeling his inner Boehner? How many times did he say "I"? Last time he said "I" 76 times in a 33 minute speech.

The man is delusional on a lot of levels. Why anyone would bother to listen to him and then take anything he says seriously is a mystery.

Jan 25, 2011
So, no crying this time? No channeling his inner Boehner? How many times did he say "I"? Last time he said "I" 76 times in a 33 minute speech.

The man is delusional on a lot of levels. Why anyone would bother to listen to him and then take anything he says seriously is a mystery.

You're complaining about the number of times he says I and he's the delusional one?

The purpose of the State of the Union Address is for the President to lay out his vision for the country moving forward and what he has done in the past. Pretty hard to do without saying I don't you think?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Pretty hard to do without saying I don't you think?
The right has been laughing at him for the past seven years because he's the center of the universe in his own mind. But, maybe you don't have a full understanding of how our government is supposed to work. It's that three branches with equal power thing we're supposed to have going on? When it's working as it was designed, our President needs to reach out to the other branches, especially the Congress for help in achieving his goals. Instead, Obama chooses to berate the members of the Republican party and do things on his own even though our high courts keep striking his actions down.

So, when he says I over and over and over, it's his massive ego talking because that's just the way he's wired. It's all about him and it's plain to see. He's been described repeatedly as petulant. It suits him perfectly. Few people that have attained the office have been as unsuited for the office as Barack Obama. One more year of the grand experiment.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i don't usually watch these speeches or anything politics, but holy hell the applauding after every word was annoying as shit. it could have been like 1/2 the length if people would just let him talk. they should have had signs "hold your applause until the end".

or if they did have some, maybe the people were too busy playing on their ipads to see it.

Jan 25, 2011
The right has been laughing at him for the past seven years because he's the center of the universe in his own mind. But, maybe you don't have a full understanding of how our government is supposed to work. It's that three branches with equal power thing we're supposed to have going on? When it's working as it was designed, our President needs to reach out to the other branches, especially the Congress for help in achieving his goals. Instead, Obama chooses to berate the members of the Republican party and do things on his own even though our high courts keep striking his actions down.

So, when he says I over and over and over, it's his massive ego talking because that's just the way he's wired. It's all about him and it's plain to see. He's been described repeatedly as petulant. It suits him perfectly. Few people that have attained the office have been as unsuited for the office as Barack Obama. One more year of the grand experiment.

No you guys have been dragging that kind of thing out because for 7 years you've had to do and say anything to deride the man. He has been repeatedly criticized and vilified for things that are no different than any president in the history of the country has done.

Go count how many times any president has said I in a speech. Tell me how he is different. I know you won't. But if you did you'd find, as usual, there is nothing different than any other President.

But rage on in your delusion.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Divisive for 7 years? Obama has bent over backwards trying to work with republicans who refuse to work with him. Obama would always compromise even BEFORE negotiations would begin and republicans still are never happy. Even when Boehner admits "We got 98% of what we wanted", GOP wieners still cried the negotiations.

I'm glad I'm not a republican. I'd hate to have to run around all the time being miserable about everything, and having to claim to be a victim all the time, and just being plain heartless. Personally, I'd be thrilled to see more research for the cure to cancer. I applaud that move, but then I'm not a republican who would oppose such research just because I don't like the president. Who cares how many more people die, just so the president doesn't get his way?

That is the funniest thing I have read in weeks!

Bull shit.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Times I think michal1980 has to have run out of stupid, he posts a thread like this. And of course his chief competition for "dumbest poster in P&N", John Connor, had to give his ½ cent (he's not smart enough to have 2 cents to give).
+1

The wife wanted to watch it but I wasn't in the mood. She could hav always went in the other room, but I guess she wasn't even that motivated at the time really. Little late for anything to change at this point in his tenure, anyway.

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
oh please. Progress and positivity? The guy was divisive for 7+ years and now talks about progress and positivity?

Obama's progress: Rich even richer

Obama's positivity: Global warming will kill the planet.

Funny how you think of Eisenhower's 90% tax rate so the middle class and working poor get richer instead of the super rich and if anything blame the guy who undid the kyoto accord.

I agree on the country is divided but it's because of people like you being racist and it clearly shows on a million levels and then some because of your microaggressions.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2006

Were not really taking the OP serious, but we do know hes is delusional. You havent picked up on this yet? :cool:

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000

hahahahahahahahahaha

your first sentence is a riot

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
"When politicians insult Muslims, when a mosque is vandalized, or a kid bullied, that doesn’t make us safer. That’s not telling it like it is. It’s just wrong. It diminishes us in the eyes of the world. It makes it harder to achieve our goals. And it betrays who we are as a country.

So when we blow up hospitals with gunships, melt weddings with a drone strike, or liquify farmers with Apache helicopters does that help us achieve our goals and not betray who we are as a nation? Or does this only apply within our borders? This sounds like the need to restrict guns to civilians while being the largest arms dealer in the world.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
hahahahahahahahahaha

your first sentence is a riot

But accurate. In almost every policy negotiation with Reps, the Obama strategy was to preemptively surrender. Obama's appeasement strategy toward the Reps cost his party the House in 2010 and gained nothing for the country. Obama's Presidency has been a parade of wasted opportunities, wasted through attempts to bring the Reps to the table.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
LMAO! Tonight like that last of his speeches was more smoke blown up your ass by this intolerable clown.

Thank God the fucker is outta here. Now Clinton needs to go to prison and Sanders...well he should just start a free chicken business or something.

And dipshit #2 shows up.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
But accurate. In almost every policy negotiation with Reps, the Obama strategy was to preemptively surrender. Obama's appeasement strategy toward the Reps cost his party the House in 2010 and gained nothing for the country. Obama's Presidency has been a parade of wasted opportunities, wasted through attempts to bring the Reps to the table.
And it still was not enough. The GOP has had zero interst in actual governing since the ACA was passed.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Too harsh. Dems muffed the historical opportunity of the 2008 election & were hamstrung after Ted Kennedy died. OTOH, they were busy trying to deal with massive unemployment, threatened economic collapse & a few other not so ordinary problems of governance.

Repubs successfully rallied the Faithful to maintain their values- well, the values of their stock portfolios, anyway.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So if we are to assume what you say is correct, what we've had for the past seven years is a president who is unable to work with the other side. He what, decided it was just too hard? Although not a Senator for long, he was one and he should have had a pretty good idea how the process works as dysfunctional as it it.

But I get it. It's mentally soothing to foist the blame on others. He attained the office with high aspirations and a slew of promises. Instead, he choomed out on the nation and improved his golf game.

That's how it appears to me here in the wilds of the nation, far outside of the beltway. I see a nation that by every metric, if one decides to use the real numbers and not the current truth as presented by the administration, that has declined and in some cases greatly. In some cases by design and in others through incompetence. "Wasn't me" works for kids just once typically. After that good parents let them know that it doesn't cut it anymore. I can put up with one more year of "wasn't me". I can also endure the high pedestal he has been put on and the even higher one that will be fabricated out of thin air after he leaves office. That pedestal will get taller and taller over time. Whatever.

We haven't heard the last of him. His ego will take over and just like Carter, we'll hear from him one more time in January of 2017 before he leaves office. He'll need to tell himself how wonderful he is in public one last time.

I predicted early in his first term that his ultimate goal was to be the head honcho at the U.N. Of course I had no idea how lazy he actually was at that time. But, his ego is not going to be happy with him out of the spotlight and he knows he can be a slacker quite easily there after being one for eight years as preezy. We'll see if I'm right.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Obama is a good president, as Clinton was. I will miss him.
You along with every corporation who wants to outsource our jobs to countries with little to know employee rights.. but hey they they are CHEAP!

Meanwhile the US is doing 'great' because we back filled those spots with $12 an fast food 'careers'. Because everyone should run on Dunkin'!

Call me when either one of your parties is ready to involve the middle class in any part of their plans other than the single source of tax revenue.