obama 'speech'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
You want to fix our broken politics by having both parties work together and compromise for the good of the people?!

Begone tyrant!!!!!!!!!!

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I thought it was pretty good myself.

Yup, and that's why Mikey is here! I love a comment I saw on Nikki Haley delivering the Republican rebuttal to the President's SOTU:

"I'm not sure about this Max Headroom remake."

She looks like she OD'd on botox...lol!

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Want to cure cancer? How about we fund the use of cannabis as a possible cure and by that I mean remove it as a schedule 1 drug.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I find it interesting how different people view the same words. I found most of his speech refreshing. It was nice to hear a message of progress and positivity in a media storm of fear and divisiveness.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I find it interesting how different people view the same words. I found most of his speech refreshing. It was nice to hear a message of progress and positivity in a media storm of fear and divisiveness.

Some people have a need to see a negative everywhere they look because it confirms their world views, others just see things as they are.

As bad as Nikki Haley's Republican response to the President's SOTU was, I'm looking forward to many more of them in the near future. :biggrin:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I can agree with that. I particularly liked what he said about voting.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
LMAO! Tonight like that last of his speeches was more smoke blown up your ass by this intolerable clown.

Thank God the fucker is outta here. Now Clinton needs to go to prison and Sanders...well he should just start a free chicken business or something.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Times I think michal1980 has to have run out of stupid, he posts a thread like this. And of course his chief competition for "dumbest poster in P&N", John Connor, had to give his ½ cent (he's not smart enough to have 2 cents to give).

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

You would have loved Joseph Goebbels.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As I said, I find it interesting how different people view the same words.

What I find interesting is where that realization leads you. First off for me is the question of whether it's all a subjective situation, nobody is any more right than anybody else, or if we see a range from rational to mentally ill. Next question for me, once you may have come to some conclusion, is what to do about all those insane people running around claiming they see reality. Just how dangerous might they be for example, and what measures if any should one justly consider to stop them. Now were in territory I call extremely interesting. What if we have a deadly plague on our hands. And just imagine if they saw you that way, what they would do about you.

We know that just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you, so is it paranoia to fear the paranoid?