Obama salutes Fort Hood victims, condemns murders

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
Actually, I think beheading is the quickest, most painless execution if I remember correctly. Not that I've tried other methods. I just remember reading this somewhere. Hanging sucks.. Lethal injection.. too much work. Firing squad.. chance of missing.
Guillotine? A winner every time.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh look a bleeding heart!

He's going to be put to death anyway. This isn't going to be some hand-wringing, tear-jerking public trial. It's going to be a military trial.

How he dies is immaterial. Islamic extremists cut off the heads of their captives with no trial, no due process whatsoever. My point is to get it over with quick the same as his brethren do it. I guess you'd like him to languish in a military prison for the rest of his days? It's pathetic that I have to explain my two sentences to you.

I think his point is we are not like them and we don't need to stoop to their level.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
That is what defines you as evil in my book.

Of course I'd execute him, but at a minimum he is afforded a swift and clean death.
You quote that one sentence out of context and that makes me evil?

How he dies is immaterial. Islamic extremists cut off the heads of their captives with no trial, no due process whatsoever. My point is to get it over with quick the same as his brethren do it.

When you look at the sentence of mine you quoted in context with the entire paragraph, am I still evil?

If so, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on an individual that shoots dead 13 people in cold blood and wounds 29? Is he evil? Am I on par with him?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

He's going to be put to death anyway. This isn't going to be some hand-wringing, tear-jerking public trial. It's going to be a military trial.

How he dies is immaterial. Islamic extremists cut off the heads of their captives with no trial, no due process whatsoever. My point is to get it over with quick the same as his brethren do it. I guess you'd like him to languish in a military prison for the rest of his days? It's pathetic that I have to explain my two sentences to you.

BZZZZ....wrong answer. Sorry, I'm no bleeding heart. I won't condone breaking the law and becoming as bad as those we fight. Obviously you don't mind breaking our own laws, which makes you just like them, and as bad as them as well.

I fully support a court-martial and whatever punishment comes from that trial. I won't support vigilante justice by anyone.

Why do you? Where do you get off breaking the law?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
No faith justifies these murderous and craven acts
Bullshit! There is one faith that justifies the murder of non-believers and that faith is radical Islam.

Why are we so afraid to come out and say that?

The President has no problem calling the Cambridge Police 'stupid' but he refuses to acknowledge that there is a major problem within one small part of Islam and that problem has resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans.

Why can't Obama come out and say that there is a problem within parts of Islam?
Why doesn't he challenge the peaceful Muslims to confront the cancer that is eating away at their religion?

It isn't Christians, Jews or Buddhists who are running around shouting out glory to their god as they kill innocents, it is Muslims and until we face up to this fact and admit that there is a problem within Islam and work to fix that problem we will never end this 'war'

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Wrong. A quick military trial and then cut off his fucking head and pour hot oil down his throat. That will be twice as much due process as islamic extremists have given anyone they took captive.

That is what defines you as evil in my book.

Of course I'd execute him, but at a minimum he is afforded a swift and clean death.

You quote that one sentence out of context and that makes me evil?

When you look at the sentence of mine you quoted in context with the entire paragraph, am I still evil?

In the context of your OP it is most certainly so. If you have not seen Daniel Pearl die then perhaps you don't understand. Killing the way they do is a slow and painful beheading. It is a torturous death and anyone who commits that against another is wrong.

It would appear to me that such a beheading is what you suggested given your OP and then the subsequent phrase "How he dies is immaterial." afterwords. I will not stand for such an execution.

If so, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on an individual that shoots dead 13 people in cold blood and wounds 29? Is he evil? Am I on par with him?
Those who wish to harm others must be stopped. This does not relieve you from being judged yourself. The goal is to stop them and once that is achieved I expect them to be treated with the dignity any human deserves. It does not matter who he is, or what he has done.

It matters what you wish to do to him.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Probably for the same reason as he didn't say there is a problem within parts of Christianity... because this was a salute to the Fort Hood victims, not time to push your agenda.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Bullshit! There is one faith that justifies the murder of non-believers and that faith is radical Islam.

Why are we so afraid to come out and say that?

The President has no problem calling the Cambridge Police 'stupid' but he refuses to acknowledge that there is a major problem within one small part of Islam and that problem has resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans.

Why doesn't he challenge the peaceful Muslims to confront the cancer that is eating away at their religion?

It isn't Christians, Jews or Buddhists who are running around shouting out glory to their god as they kill innocents, it is Muslims and until we face up to this fact and admit that there is a problem within Islam and work to fix that problem we will never end this 'war'

I'd say you're more than just a little bitter that you're going to have to find an alternative to ebay for supporting that epic sack of shit Scott Roeder.

Extremists of all religions have their heroes and their own idea of what is and isn't justifiable.

gwydion75

Jul 11, 2007
Where in the article does it say "while simultaneously having his army kill arabs in multiple countries."

I'm pretty sure arabs died DURING his speech at the hands of our military.

Maybe this guys lost just one too many of his family members or something, and started to think for himself.

I'm not defending his actions, but the perspective should teach you something, instead of just swooning over the smooth talking military commander who is also president.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Maybe this guys lost just one too many of his family members or something, and started to think for himself.

Really? ........ those are your thoughts on why he killed 13 fellow soldiers?
If so do you consider that acceptable?

gwydion75

Jul 11, 2007
Really? ........ those are your thoughts on why he killed 13 fellow soldiers?
If so do you consider that acceptable?

I believe I covered that. Considering multiple perspectives is not the same as condoning actions taken under those perspectives.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

Wow, so theological expert PJ has just defined a new religion, "radical Islam". How amazing!

Based on your bullshit, there are many faiths that justify murder. "Radical Christianity", "radical Judaism", etc.....

So of the about ~1.5 BILLION Muslims, lets be generous and say a whole million are extremists/terrorists. That means you are condemning a whole religion for the actions of .067% (if I did the math right). That is brilliant logic on your part.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Probably for the same reason as he didn't say there is a problem within parts of Christianity... because this was a salute to the Fort Hood victims, not time to push your agenda.
You are right that this was a salute to the victims, but find me a time in which Obama or any member of the left spoke out about the problems within Islam.

Again, Obama has no problem coming out and calling the Cambridge Police "stupid" for their arrest of Prof Gates, but he is afraid to say anything negative about Islam for fear of angering Muslims.

As long as we dance around the problems within Islam like this we will never make progress.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
We shouldn't rush to judgement on this guy shouting Allah Ackbar as he kills U.S. soldiers but we SHOULD apparently rush to judgement on anything involving black people and white cops.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You are right that this was a salute to the victims, but find me a time in which Obama or any member of the left spoke out about the problems within Islam.

Again, Obama has no problem coming out and calling the Cambridge Police "stupid" for their arrest of Prof Gates, but he is afraid to say anything negative about Islam for fear of angering Muslims. -- again this has nothing to mdo with the problems of Islam...this has to do with the fact that Obama reacted properly to the wounded and visited the families of the slain! In other words your response negated any sort of sympathy that you might claim to have had for the dead and injured..in other words your no better than the person who did the killings....

As long as [we dance around the problems within Islam like this we will never make progress.

Define we?? I am sure that over 90% of the people who post on these forums want nothing to do with being associated with you...

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

Again, Obama has no problem coming out and calling the Cambridge Police "stupid" for their arrest of Prof Gates, but he is afraid to say anything negative about Islam for fear of angering Muslims.

As long as we dance around the problems within Islam like this we will never make progress.
He won't say anything. Shariah law forbids criticizm of Islam.

Edit: Garfield has quoted this post as I originally typed it. See his quote below.

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

So you feel it would be wise of him to condemn Islam? How will that be progress? All it will do is alienate Muslims who are not radicals. Anyway there are plenty of you fear mongers doing that, no need for the leader of the United States to do it.

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Are you seriously saying the Obama is Muslim and thus is bound by Sharia law?

You really are a f'ing loon.
I'm not saying that at all. Those words came from you, not me. My statement is open to interpretation from several viewpoints.

You've expressed just one.

In thinking about it, I may have used the wrong word. I'm going to edit it. You've quoted me, so all will see it as I originally posted it. I'm going to change the word 'can't' to 'won't'. I'll make a note of your quote in the original post. My apologies for my error.