Obama said no border security for political reasons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
the obama doesn't care. as long as he gets his golf game in all can go to hell.

Hey man, if you can't golf multiple times a week while the worst ecological disaster in American history continues, why be president?

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
Isn't it in the constitution that the government is suppose to protect all its states? Seems like such douchebaggery to blackmail for something they are suppose to be guaranteed.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Maybe if the people of Arizona hate illegals so much they will quit hiring them? Or is it just easier and feels better to blame Obama?

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Maybe if the people of Arizona hate illegals so much they will quit hiring them? Or is it just easier and feels better to blame Obama?

Maybe if businesses represented the interests of the public and not making money they will quit hiring them? Or is it just easier and feels better to support Obama?

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Maybe if businesses represented the interests of the public and not making money they will quit hiring them? Or is it just easier and feels better to support Obama?

If you own a business that can't make it while hiring American citizens, then you don't have a business. Obama is our president, why wouldn't you support the president, unless you hate America? :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
anyone that thinks the reason we have not secured the boarder is not because of politics is fucking nuts.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ther/terrorists-crossing-az-border-into-u.s.?

What a magnificent bit of fearmongering innuendo, just the thing to get Righties foaming at the mouth.

One of my coworkers has an embroidery machine, makes military style patches and so forth as a side business. He'll print anything I want, and I can leave 'em laying around for the border guards to find.. or they can just claim they found such things to serve their own personal agenda, right?

Danger! Danger! Terrar! Terrar!

Invoke the boogeyman when all else fails...

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
If you own a business that can't make it while hiring American citizens, then you don't have a business. Obama is our president, why wouldn't you support the president, unless you hate America? :)

Just because someone is the President, doesn't mean they should be blindly followed and forgiven for refusing to act upon armed forces invading our country. Business interests very, very rarely align with public interests, and most businesses do anything they can (illegal or not illegal) get away with in order to profit. Now, the crux is, they wouldn't be able to get away with it if Obama did his job, now would they?

In the future, could you refrain from attempting to spin the illegal and unethical actions of some businesses/business owners into a generalization against those in favor of supporting the country's laws, and who expect the President to protect the nation by upholding the laws which he has sworn to uphold? You should get a new argument, because yours resolves to: if you're not a traitor, you hate America.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It makes perfect sense really. No single logical good reason can be presented on why the border is not being secured. It has to be all political leverage to create a "crisis" (which we are in regarding illegal immigration) and use that to "do things you wouldn't otherwise be able to accomplish". With The People so much in agreement on a simple act of securing the boarder Obama does nothing.

Think it through, WHY? What happens if he does nothing? The People's outrage turns to a "just do something, anything" and Obama gets his amnesty *cough* I mean "comprehensive immigration reform".

But he's wrong on this move, The People don't want amnesty for illegals or a "pathway to citizenship". We're being invaded and the president refuses to do anything after pleas from states, that is called treason. His inaction is willful, purposeful and intentional. Break America so he can "fundamentally change it". Fucking dictator.

Quoting myself on purpose. Think this through logically and with reason.

Securing the border gains nothing for Obama, nothing. Who are you going to believe? Obama, who has everything to gain by holding our border hostage or a senator, who was elected to represent his state and sees and hears his constituents? Basically, fuck obama.

Logic dictates that Obama is lieing (dammit why can't I ever spell that word correctly) yet again for political gain. Problem is he has nothing to gain because We The People are wide fucking awake.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Not sure why this is even a controversy. Everyone knows that Obama and the progressives will never enforce the border unless they also get "comprehensive immigration reform" (read: amnesty and the redefinition of illegal as legal.) Everyone knows that Obama and the progressives will never enforce the border once they also get "comprehensive immigration reform" (illegal will be legal so there will be no need.) Everyone knows that Obama and the progressives will never enforce the border. Ever. Period.

The only thing in question is whether or not the Republicans will ever enforce the border.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Given that the previous 6 presidents have ignored any sort of immigration reform (except Reagan grating total amnesty) I dont see what this has to do with anything.
Unless by "reform" Obama also means total amnesty, which I suspect he does.

Fuck Obama. He does nothing, takes credit for anything good that might happen, and blames everyone else for all the bad stuff.

I would count Reagan as ignoring it. He gave amnesty which legalized them, and that made him look like he did something in regards to illegals. But he never sealed the border, so in effect he did nothing. The illegals became legal...Big deal. Next year a few million more simply hopped the border, which continues to this day. Thats worse than what the current President's have done.

Though Obama would love to pull a Reagan. Im sure Obama would love to gain the illegal vote, *and* look like he did something just like Reagan did [which was basically nothing].

Every President since Eisenhower has done nothing in regard to illegal immigration...So every president since 1960 has been a tool when it comes to that. Thats 12 administrations ? Im not going to bother counting. =p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

That was the last time immigration control was taken seriously.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
I've brought this up and others have too from time to time. This kind of reporting gets little reaction here from the left leaner's. This here is some bad shit.

I hope someone in Congress has got enough balls to bring this up and hammer on it until the cows come home. They haven't yet, so I won't hold my breath.

Leaving our border open is attracting far, far more than Mexicans. Some potentially extremely dangerous folks are getting in.

Considering 9/11 and our pumped up security at the airports...A smart terrorist could fly to S.America, drive to Mexico and simply border hop into the country. That would bypass virtually all of our systems used to ID potential terrorist suspects.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
O'Bamma said he would send troops. Now he has not sent any troops.

O'Bamma is a big fat liar.

It was such a pathetic number how do you know whether he sent them or not? Not like we would be able to tell the difference.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I would count Reagan as ignoring it. He gave amnesty which legalized them, and that made him look like he did something in regards to illegals. But he never sealed the border, so in effect he did nothing. The illegals became legal...Big deal. Next year a few million more simply hopped the border, which continues to this day. Thats worse than what the current President's have done.

Though Obama would love to pull a Reagan. Im sure Obama would love to gain the illegal vote, *and* look like he did something just like Reagan did [which was basically nothing].

Every President since Eisenhower has done nothing in regard to illegal immigration...So every president since 1960 has been a tool when it comes to that. Thats 12 administrations ? Im not going to bother counting. =p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

That was the last time immigration control was taken seriously.

yeap. no president is going to do it until something major happens that is proven to be linked to the boarder.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
yeap. no president is going to do it until something major happens that is proven to be linked to the boarder.

There's reports of the drug traffickers setting up lookout camps within our border and positioning snipers. It's already major and will only get worse.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Kyl is the biggest flip-flopping, spineless twat in Washington. I wouldn't put one red cent on what he says to be the truth.