Obama Reaffirms - "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Won't Stand.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: BarrySotero
Since Obama appointed a "School Safety Czar" who wrote forward to book called "Queering Elementary Education" it's only logical (in an illogical kind of way) that Obama would seek to homosexualize the military as well and serve the gays in Hollywood like Geffen that got him elected over Hillary. Since Obama is unilaterally disarming the US, and sees US intelligence agencies as the real enemy I suppose it hardly matters if the military is homosexualized anyway (of course the 70% of service members against it will just have to suffer the folly of it all). In June the Supreme Court correctly turned down a challenge to DADT but I am sure Obama can pull something out of his you-know-where to erode commons sense further. Liberalism - it's the cutting edge of civilization in reverse.

don`t you have a rock to crawl under??
The village idiot job has been filled by Patrenus!!

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Since Obama appointed a "School Safety Czar" who wrote forward to book called "Queering Elementary Education" it's only logical (in an illogical kind of way) that Obama would seek to homosexualize the military as well and serve the gays in Hollywood like Geffen that got him elected over Hillary. Since Obama is unilaterally disarming the US, and sees US intelligence agencies as the real enemy I suppose it hardly matters if the military is homosexualized anyway (of course the 70% of service members against it will just have to suffer the folly of it all). In June the Supreme Court correctly turned down a challenge to DADT but I am sure Obama can pull something out of his you-know-where to erode commons sense further. Liberalism - it's the cutting edge of civilization in reverse.

This has got to be one of the most inane posts I've seen:

1) Please tell us what Obama has or is planning to do to "disarm" the U.S. I'm not aware that there are any proposals to reduce the size of the military or to reduce its funding.

2) How is canceling DADT the same as "homosexualizing" the military? The only difference will be that gays in the military will be allowed to reveal their status without being forced out.

3) Even if your statistic of 70% is correct, how is that relevant? In the civil-rights-era South, I'm sure that far in excess of 70% of Southerners opposed de-segregation. According to your logic, blacks should have remained second-class citizens.

4) The Supreme Court merely said that DADT was allowable under the Constitution. But that doesn't mean that the executive branch CANNOT revoke DADT. In fact, the President in his role as Commander in Chief can revoke DADT with a stroke of his pen. I don't think Congress has any say in the matter.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Firebot
The Republican partisan sheep do have a point for once. What exactly has Obama done yet this year other then the Stimulus bill which arguably was the previous administration's anyways? All talk and no action.

By this time in 2001, Bush had already had the No Child Behind Act passed by Congress, and the Patriot Act signed in late October. Bush even had a war started by now. Sure the No Child Left Behind Act destroyed American education and the Patriot Act stepped on American civil rights, but at least Bush was a man of action.

The Republicans had tons of fun with a Republican controlled Congress, the Democrats should be able to do the same by now.

I'm actually glad the Dems are totally impotent. I'm totally fine with them being all talk and no walk. Let's hope they never stop bloviating long enough to figure out that they hold all the power.

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

don`t you have a rock to crawl under??
The village idiot job has been filled by Patrenus!!

Patrenus seems alright. Like anyone with a basically clear view of realities, he/she must suffer the outrageous slings and arrows of wayward posters in denial of same. Not that this is so awful. I've been treated worse in conservative forums tbh.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: bfdd
Barry... WTF? You realize that the LARGE majority of homosexuals are no different than you or I right? They're just people also, in fact you probably know a few and don't even know about it.

I work in the arts and know lots. I have very good friends that are homosexual. God no doubt loves some more than me. The homosexual political groups on the other had are deadly. They would render the whole society broken to get their ways.

Are you the guy that gays think is just joking around, making humorous impressions of nutty christian conservatives, then they find out he is actually one of them?

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: shira

This has got to be one of the most inane posts I've seen:

1) Please tell us what Obama has or is planning to do to "disarm" the U.S. I'm not aware that there are any proposals to reduce the size of the military or to reduce its funding.

2) How is canceling DADT the same as "homosexualizing" the military? The only difference will be that gays in the military will be allowed to reveal their status without being forced out.

3) Even if your statistic of 70% is correct, how is that relevant? In the civil-rights-era South, I'm sure that far in excess of 70% of Southerners opposed de-segregation. According to your logic, blacks should have remained second-class citizens.

4) The Supreme Court merely said that DADT was allowable under the Constitution. But that doesn't mean that the executive branch CANNOT revoke DADT. In fact, the President in his role as Commander in Chief can revoke DADT with a stroke of his pen. I don't think Congress has any say in the matter.

1) Obama basically ended the missile defense system when he gutted program of 2 billion dollars funding. He also took it upon himself to offer nuke reductions to Russia with nothing in return (including delivery systems - the US advantage). He also dropped missile defense in eastern Europe and what peeps don't know is that program was for US defense as much as Europe since you need intermediate defense against long range rocket. Iran has launched ICMB's, In event of nuke ICBM aimed at US- they would need shooting down midrange - which was one purpose of missile defense in Europe.

The US cultivated Eastern Europe for this and got them to commit - then we burned them (a bit like we did to Pakistan and Musharraf. God help friends of US - they get more grief than enemies do ). Of course Obama sees Israel like Rev Wright does and he's throwing them down the well. Obama has also marooned troops in Afghanistan. They are there but cant fight as needed. They cant call in air support or artillery without holding a conference call and going over check list. US intelligence is also under attack from admin - and the border security has been gutted at THE worst time.

2) With the end of DADT there would be endless sensitivity training and a PC environment that will elevate silly nonsense over the military's main mission. When you tell 70% of people who want a normal atmosphere that homosexuals have special rights then dysfunction will have its way. Liberalism turns everything upside down. It's always been the goal of neo Marxists to use homosexuals against the society at large because they recognized they are excellent change agents. This is one reason Obama leaves them frustrated - he likes them angry and militant.

3) Civil rights for blacks is not the same as rights for sodomy. Shame on you. NAMBLA also feels persecuted.

4) Obama has already shown he gas contempt for Constitution so that was never an issue. Of course he can use his pen. He says he wont because of fear of polls, political harm etc. He likes homosexuals angry though. Marxists hated welfare because it robbed poor people of the anger to revolt. Obama doesn't want to placate homosexuals to thoroughly.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It is only common courtesy to allow the insane a chance to adjust to a coming reality, no?

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
It is only common courtesy to allow the insane a chance to adjust to a coming reality, no?

The "coming reality" (unless people wake up) is social strife and collapse. Things like homosexuality and identity conflicts rise as social deterioration sets in. It's like people smoking for 30 years and getting cancer. Homosexuality, global warming hysteria, self destructive attacks on national defense, hatred of spiritual life etc - all are part of the psychotic conditioning of a society programmed to self destruct. Fortunately at least a third of the problem sees the problem and cant be confuzzled as my UK friends say. Homosexuals have it made - but nooooo they have to turn everything inside out/upside down to conform to their self deceptions. This will backfire sure as I'm typing this.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005

The "coming reality" (unless people wake up) is social strife and collapse. Things like homosexuality and identity conflicts rise as social deterioration sets in. It's like people smoking for 30 years and getting cancer. Homosexuality, global warming hysteria, self destructive attacks on national defense, hatred of spiritual life etc - all are part of the psychotic conditioning of a society programmed to self destruct. Fortunately at least a third of the problem sees the problem and cant be confuzzled as my UK friends say. Homosexuals have it made - but nooooo they have to turn everything inside out/upside down to conform to their self deceptions. This will backfire sure as I'm typing this.

you couldn't have done more to exemplify what he is just said..

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
But sane people look unsane to unsane people - life is back to front. Try talking cannibals out of cannibalism - it's hard lol. "Truth is hate to those that hate the truth".

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
Originally posted by: sciwizam

as if that they are not presently in the military already, and I didn't realize that a military career is a much desired career choice among gays, much more so than any person, to the point that they will "homosexualize" it.

:roll:

Exactly - the do get to serve anyway. You wouldn't think homosexuals would flock to the church either but they did (and look at the damage). Navy boats are already floating red light districts with gals getting preggers left and right. Once homosexuals can openly engage in their compulsions I am sure nothing good will come of it. Of course the anti-male feminists, gays and neo-Marxists have sought to de-ball the military for years. If DADT would go away they could promote homosexuals to leadership more easily and hasten things along (like they are doing with police depts across the country)

I think someone might need to teach you a little bit about anatomy. Homosexual men + women =/= pregnant.

sciwizam

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Mike Gayner

as if that they are not presently in the military already, and I didn't realize that a military career is a much desired career choice among gays, much more so than any person, to the point that they will "homosexualize" it.

Exactly - the do get to serve anyway. You wouldn't think homosexuals would flock to the church either but they did (and look at the damage). Navy boats are already floating red light districts with gals getting preggers left and right. Once homosexuals can openly engage in their compulsions I am sure nothing good will come of it. Of course the anti-male feminists, gays and neo-Marxists have sought to de-ball the military for years. If DADT would go away they could promote homosexuals to leadership more easily and hasten things along (like they are doing with police depts across the country)

I think someone might need to teach you a little bit about anatomy. Homosexual men + women =/= pregnant.

Well, anatomically, it's not impossible.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

lmao you are so fucking crazy :)

May 16, 2000

You're a worthless homophobic ignorant son of a bitch, and it would be my pleasure to beat you into a coma. If you ever make it to SW Washington give me a call. We have some things to do.

Yes mods, I know that's over the line, but so is he. Someone needs to beat him till he dies just to make the world a little brighter. I'm just volunteering for what most people are thinking but too chicken to say or do.

His statements offend me to the point that I'd rather get any thread he's in locked than let him keep spewing his bile.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: theflyingpig
This will not go over well with the line units. Gays aren't welcome there. Everyone knows this.

That may be so but you have to realize that reality rarely influences the liberal thought process.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
This will not go over well with the line units. Gays aren't welcome there. Everyone knows this.

That may be so but you have to realize that reality rarely influences the liberal thought process.

No, bigotry is seldom influenced by the thought process. What a shame that you are a bigot.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008

No, bigotry is seldom influenced by the thought process. What a shame that you are a bigot.

What a shame that you are a fool.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

You're a worthless homophobic ignorant son of a bitch, and it would be my pleasure to beat you into a coma. If you ever make it to SW Washington give me a call. We have some things to do.

Yes mods, I know that's over the line, but so is he. Someone needs to beat him till he dies just to make the world a little brighter. I'm just volunteering for what most people are thinking but too chicken to say or do.

His statements offend me to the point that I'd rather get any thread he's in locked than let him keep spewing his bile.

If you know it is over the line why do you say it. There is some benefit to us that a lunatic can get you banned? There is a reality somewhere where your hate for his hate will turn to love? BS is a warrior for truth as you can read in his words, no? The more you hate him the surer he is that he's right. He said the world is upside down and you prove he is right. When will you learn to step back from being a mere reaction to a clown.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

What a shame that you are a fool.

Thank you for your kind words. BS has shown me the world is up side down and calumny from you is the highest praise. Nobody knows that but the rare few whose opinions matter.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
M: It is only common courtesy to allow the insane a chance to adjust to a coming reality, no?
-------------
BS: The "coming reality" (unless people wake up) is social strife and collapse.

M: Yes this is very true, but it can happen only in a society that sleeps in bigotry. It is your society of bigotry that is at risk of social strife and collapse. Your world is dying, thank God.

BS: Things like homosexuality and identity conflicts rise as social deterioration sets in.

M: You are doubtless troubled by identity conflicts of one kind or another or have resolved them in your thinking at great violence to your self. This is why it would be good if you saw a doctor. Something has turned you inside out so you see the world backward and the unbigoted as the ones who are backward.

BS: It's like people smoking for 30 years and getting cancer.

M: There is no similarity at all. Cigarettes contain cancer causing chemicals. Homosexuality is natural. Some folk are born that way. They have always been born that way from all of human history and long before.

BS: Homosexuality, global warming hysteria, self destructive attacks on national defense, hatred of spiritual life etc - all are part of the psychotic conditioning of a society programmed to self destruct.

M: Yes so true. Your world of the bigot is dying. Your society of mental illness is on the way out. Thank God. It is natural that as it dies all the repression that self hate has bottled up will release and it will look to the terrified of their feelings that the world is ending. It really will be a mess for a while and the mentally ill begin the long slow process of healing. Jump right in to the madness. You can make it to sanity just fine. Just don't act out any repressed hate on others.

BS: Fortunately at least a third of the problem sees the problem and cant be confuzzled as my UK friends say.

M: Yes the hard core insane are the most difficult to deal with. You may carry your illness to the grave to be replaced by children with healthier minds.

BS: Homosexuals have it made - but nooooo they have to turn everything inside out/upside down to conform to their self deceptions. This will backfire sure as I'm typing this.

M: Many homosexuals are just as sick as you. As they adjust to a world that has despised them and threatened their lives from childhood on, they too will have to expunge all that hate that has been dumped on them. Their world of defenses and rationalizations of unneeded self justifications, their gay pride over-compensations, will be dying too.

BarrySotero

Banned
Apr 30, 2009
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

Nothing I said is beyond rudimentary debate. Obama did appoint a guy to "School Safety Czar" who wrote in a book called "Queering Elementary Education" (and he ran GLSEN when they were passing out [in Boston] booklets advocating "fisting").
David Geffen was instrumental in pulling rug from under Hillary to give edge to Obama. 70% of military has said in polls they don't want DADT to end. The Supreme Court did turn down challenges to DADT. Feminists have derided the "male warrior ethos" in military and sought to erode it. Gay groups would force military into PC constraints ala sensitivity training etc. Weaponized political correctness and diversity does trace back to theories of neo-Marxists (Van Jones was good example).

Obama does advocate affirmative action and I have no doubt Obama's Marxist left would love to see homosexual generals in charge of many things. Obama even has plans for a civilian service academy where things homosexual are front and center.

You would need considerable luck beating me into a coma so try posting normal first. The few people here always accusing me of things are often doing the very things they accuse me off.

Geffen ignites Clinton-Obama feud
Comments push rivalries to a head

http://www.variety.com/article...tml?categoryid=18&cs=1

TheSkinsFan

Golden Member
May 15, 2009
Obama reaffirms will end 'don't ask, don't tell'

That's excellent! Great! I'm in the Army and I believe that DADT is a ridiculous policy!... oh, wait a second, you mean this was just another Obama speech?!

/yawn

Wake me up when the man finally follows through on all of his spoken promises and actually fucking does something... :roll:

The man has a large majority in the House and a super-majority in the Senate. I, for one, am getting pretty g'damn sick of his endless excuses.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Really? I'm a Field Artillery Officer and I think that DADT is ridiculous. Infantry, Armor, FA, Engineers, they all have gay soldiers serving, and everyone knows it. No one cares. Just like with everything else, mind your own business, do your job well and your comrades won't have problems with you.

Officers having to do investigations based on DADT accusations chaps my hide. It's an easy way to cause someone trouble. Soldiers that everyone knows isn't gay gets accused because he pissed someone off, and then we have to investigate.

It's a waste of our time and resources (don't even get me started on kicking out linguists over DADT...) that hurts those of us in line units, while effectively allowing big Army to plug their ears with their fingers and go "lalalalala."

Also there was another thread on here a few days ago about how gay women are treated in the military, and I thought it was spot on. No one cares if a guy in their unit is gay, but gay women are treated with disdain and hatred from other males and females, and in my experience, women are investigated far more frequently than men because accusations fly when it comes to perceived homosexuality in females.

IMO, DADT is just another layer of bureaucracy that keeps soldiers from soldiering.