Obama picks up major PA endorsement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: Robor
Blah blah blah, excited young people, blah blah blah, inspire blah blah.
This guy is a typical Obama supporter who thinks this country's problems are psychological and can be solved with some excitement and inspiration.

:roll: Why do I have a feeling if he endorsed Clinton your tune would change?

Because you are a typical Obama supporter who gets a feeling about a lot of things.
Ahh what a feeling.

don't fight it.

give into your feelings and maybe you'll feel how desperately this country is crying out for Change and realize that Obama is the only one who can deliver us.

Oh no, that's what the Sith would say.

My faith in Obama is his faith in me.

You can't imitate what you do not understand.

we are the change we seek :thumbsup: we express this change by voting for the only candidate running on a platform of hope.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
What's this fellow done besides chair the steelers? I do hope that idiots aren't going to be swayed by what the chair of a sports team tells them to do unless he has other credentials.

I would hope that people aren't swayed by a lot of the molehills the media blows up, but so is life ;)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
This guy is a typical Obama supporter who thinks this country's problems are psychological and can be solved with some excitement and inspiration.

heaven forbid we let any of that evil excitement and inspiration get in the way of the good 'ole-fashioned corruption and lies brought to us by his opponent! :confused:

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his powers if I were you... you might be surprised to learn what people are capable of when they're fed a bit of positive energy...

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
So rather than trust someone because they are all "emotion", it's better trust someone who lies over and over and over and over, and does nothing but attack her opponent?

Since you're focused on actions and not words, what is it that you expect Hillary to DO? Will she support free trade agreements like she has in the past, or will she oppose them as she has lately? Will she be the champion of the left, as she has in the past, or will she be the gun-totin', Jesus lovin', multimillionaire champion of the middle class?

Other than universal health care, which is the ONLY thing she has consistently supported throughout her career, WHAT IS IT SHE STANDS FOR?

Time to own up for your candidate's habitual dishonesty.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

I hope when I'm 75 someone calls me an excited young person, even if it is just some blowhard on the internet.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Rio Rebel
So rather than trust someone because they are all "emotion", it's better trust someone who lies over and over and over and over, and does nothing but attack her opponent?

Since you're focused on actions and not words, what is it that you expect Hillary to DO? Will she support free trade agreements like she has in the past, or will she oppose them as she has lately? Will she be the champion of the left, as she has in the past, or will she be the gun-totin', Jesus lovin', multimillionaire champion of the middle class?

Other than universal health care, which is the ONLY thing she has consistently supported throughout her career, WHAT IS IT SHE STANDS FOR?

Time to own up for your candidate's habitual dishonesty.

I think she is the only thing she has consistently supported during her career. ;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: Skoorb
What's this fellow done besides chair the steelers? I do hope that idiots aren't going to be swayed by what the chair of a sports team tells them to do unless he has other credentials.

Like it or not sports are a big deal to some people and the NFL is the most popular sport in this country right now. IMO those 'idiots' you speak of who would be swayed by Rooney are no worse than the ones who vote (R) because their preacher says same sex marriage, fetal stem cell research, and abortion are against god.
Agreed, both groups should self-censor their vote and instead drink beer on voting night!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nice endorsement from one of Pennsylvania's most beloved and influential figures.

As a Dem, I'm strongly in favor of an Obama nomination, even though I didn't favor him early on. Truthfully, I wanted Richardson, or Edwards, but that obviously won't happen. Repubs made a shrewd choice in McCain, rightfully, I think, having the best chance of any of their choices to beat Clinton in November. Had they run a more rightwing candidate, I think Hillary could have prevailed, and been a much better president than that to which we've become accustomed. But I have my doubts that she can beat McCain, all things considered.

And that's why we need to run Obama. His charisma and command of the issues will obliterate McCain when and if they appear on the same stage. Yeh, I've warmed to him a very great deal. This election is critical for Dems and for the country, so we need to put our strongest candidate and a clear choice on the ballot.

I will, of course, support Clinton if she gets the nod, but I think it'd be a mistake to make it so.