Obama overakes Clinton in super delegates

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Sir. The only thing your stuck in is your denial.

Well maybe you can help me out then. If I believe that the current administration is one of the worst in the history of our country and I also believe that the exteme leftist vision the Dems are offering as an alternative could be possibly as bad. What exactly am I in denial of?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: RY62

Well maybe you can help me out then. If I believe that the current administration is one of the worst in the history of our country and I also believe that the exteme leftist vision the Dems are offering as an alternative could be possibly as bad. What exactly am I in denial of?

Okay, that's some ground to go with... What about the Democrats do you feel are "exteme."

Do you feel that every Democrat follows the lead of a master? One of the major attacks on the Dem party is that they all don't agree on everything, unlike the Gop...

What about the republicans bothers you, since I'm asking.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

Okay, that's some ground to go with... What about the Democrats do you feel are "exteme."

Do you feel that every Democrat follows the lead of a master?

I've been a Dem for a long time. Voted primarily Dem for the past 28 year. I din't always follow the master's lead so I'd have to say no but, as a whole, the party is shifting further left.

I've got a severe thunderstorm over me right now so I'll have to get gone but here are a couple of quick issues I disagree with, we'll get to more later.

Nationalized Healthcare
Drilling in ANWR, building more refineries, more nuclear power plants
Immediate withdrawal from iraq
Expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Do you feel that every Democrat follows the lead of a master?

I've been a Dem for a long time. Voted primarily Dem for the past 28 year. I din't always follow the master's lead so I'd have to say no but, as a whole, the party is shifting further left.

I've got a severe thunderstorm over me right now so I'll have to get gone but here are a couple of quick issues I disagree with, we'll get to more later.

Nationalized Healthcare
Drilling in ANWR, building more refineries, more nuclear power plants
Immediate withdrawal from iraq
Expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit

Keep safe - and we shall bicker yet another day.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: RaistlinZI do think that he should offer the vice presidency to Hillary and offer to pay off her campaign debt once the final contests are over.

Do you really think he'd want to have Hillary for a running mate after the way that she's behaved? And why should he pay off her campaign debt? Why is it Obama's problem if a very established and well-known candidate can't raise enough money for her campaign (against, get this, a relatively unknown candidate).

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
GAME OVER

Hillary is officially out of phoenix downs. Expect to see the flood of superdelegates continue over the next few weeks. Obama may be able to reach 2,025 in June if more SD's start to fall in line.

I do think that he should offer the vice presidency to Hillary and offer to pay off her campaign debt once the final contests are over. Unite the party, smash McCain, get this country back to where it should be.

You've got a lot of high hopes in that statement. Uniting "the party" and smashing McCain might still be possible but getting the country back where it should be is looking highly unlikely to me. Looks more like people are interested in swinging control from one extreme to the other. IMO, far right and far left are both wrong. Somewhere in the middle is where we should be.

Good point, RY62. I doubt the Democrats are going to be able to "get the country back on track" anymore than the Republicans that played a large role in messing it up would.

Heck, the Democrats are in favor of illegal immigration and mass legal immigration (as is McCain--aka Juan McAmnesty), so how the heck could they even begin to address the nation's issues? How do you go about reducing the amount of poverty in the country when you're importing impoverished people from Mexico, paying for their health care and their children's education, and not focusing on taking care of the poor people you already have?

Oct 30, 2004
I see you're still online, RY62... Tell me more about the suffering of the middle class... and the years that this has taken place under....

Awaken me. Open my eyes....

Have you read the newspapers lately? Seen the price of gas? Noticed that prices for food and housing have increased? Heard about how the cost of health insurance has been outpacing inflation while wages haven't been keeping up with inflation? Have you read the monthly jobs reports?***

***(the ones that conveniently fail to mention that the nation needs about 150,000 net new jobs each month merely to keep pace with population growth which means that when the media and politicians celebrate a month where 60,000 jobs (of potentially dubious quality) were created that the nation actually lost 90,000 jobs relative to its population explosion.)

Note--I blame both parties for our nation's economic problems and to them I say, "A pox on both your houses."

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
GAME OVER

Hillary is officially out of phoenix downs. Expect to see the flood of superdelegates continue over the next few weeks. Obama may be able to reach 2,025 in June if more SD's start to fall in line.

I do think that he should offer the vice presidency to Hillary and offer to pay off her campaign debt once the final contests are over. Unite the party, smash McCain, get this country back to where it should be.

You've got a lot of high hopes in that statement. Uniting "the party" and smashing McCain might still be possible but getting the country back where it should be is looking highly unlikely to me. Looks more like people are interested in swinging control from one extreme to the other. IMO, far right and far left are both wrong. Somewhere in the middle is where we should be.

Good point, RY62. I doubt the Democrats are going to be able to "get the country back on track" anymore than the Republicans that played a large role in messing it up would.

Heck, the Democrats are in favor of illegal immigration and mass legal immigration (as is McCain--aka Juan McAmnesty), so how the heck could they even begin to address the nation's issues? How do you go about reducing the amount of poverty in the country when you're importing impoverished people from Mexico, paying for their health care and their children's education, and not focusing on taking care of the poor people you already have?

What the heck are you talking about? No one is in favor of illegal immigration or blanket amnesty. Not Democrats or Republicans. If you did a poll of the entire country and asked "Are you in favor of illegal immigration" I'm sure it would come back 90% NO, with the 10% YES mostly being Hispanics.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
"...get this country back to where it should be."

huh? what does that mean?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA
"...get this country back to where it should be."

huh? what does that mean?

Do you feel the country is headed in the right direction?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Cnn reports TODAY that he finally beat her, with two more supers today bringing it 275 to 273 or something like that.