Obama overakes Clinton in super delegates

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
GAME OVER

Hillary is officially out of phoenix downs. Expect to see the flood of superdelegates continue over the next few weeks. Obama may be able to reach 2,025 in June if more SD's start to fall in line.

I do think that he should offer the vice presidency to Hillary and offer to pay off her campaign debt once the final contests are over. Unite the party, smash McCain, get this country back to where it should be.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Kennedy went to the 1980 convention with a bigger spread of delegates than Obama and Hillary now have. Hillary will drag this out in the hopes that Obama makes a giant gaffe or some other surprise comes out about him.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
It is the real end when Hillary delegates start to defect to Obama. But its still requires a defining moment that will likely come on May 20 when Obama wins Oregon. But something about the link did not math out, Last I heard before the link, some 260 undeclared supers remained and Obama was some 175 delegates short of 2025. And now this link says Obama is still some 161.5 behind but only 200 undeclared supers remain??? The joker may be the 40 more to be named by later State conventions, but if Clinton keep playing the race card, super delegates will slap her down hard.

And if there are 240 remaining supers and 217 elected up for grabs, Obama needs only 34.5% of those. And if there are many more Hillary super defections, its over.

Feb 6, 2007
"Obama has endorsements from 275, according to the latest tally by The Associated Press. Clinton has 271.5." How do you have half a delegate? Dissociative identity disorder?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
"Obama has endorsements from 275, according to the latest tally by The Associated Press. Clinton has 271.5." How do you have half a delegate? Dissociative identity disorder?
States can divide a single delegate vote among two people.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
States can divide a single delegate vote among two people.

Democrats Abroad count as a half delegate each, not sure about the accuracy of what you said though.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it's officially over at the convention.

but it's been over since february 6th, where have you been?

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481

Are you asking Hillary, or the OP?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Rio Rebel
Originally posted by: loki8481

Are you asking Hillary, or the OP?

It does not matter if its a wedding or a funeral, the ceremony process is sacred, and must be played out.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
GAME OVER

Hillary is officially out of phoenix downs. Expect to see the flood of superdelegates continue over the next few weeks. Obama may be able to reach 2,025 in June if more SD's start to fall in line.

I do think that he should offer the vice presidency to Hillary and offer to pay off her campaign debt once the final contests are over. Unite the party, smash McCain, get this country back to where it should be.

You've got a lot of high hopes in that statement. Uniting "the party" and smashing McCain might still be possible but getting the country back where it should be is looking highly unlikely to me. Looks more like people are interested in swinging control from one extreme to the other. IMO, far right and far left are both wrong. Somewhere in the middle is where we should be.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: RY62
GAME OVER

You've got a lot of high hopes in that statement. Uniting "the party" and smashing McCain might still be possible but getting the country back where it should be is looking highly unlikely to me. Looks more like people are interested in swinging control from one extreme to the other. IMO, far right and far left are both wrong. Somewhere in the middle is where we should be.

Maybe for you. But for those of us in the League of Shadows, it's all going to plan.

MUHAHAHAHAHA!

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
GAME OVER

Why is that we hear the lament of "in the middle" when the party that has had control and failed in leadership and is about to be kicked to the curb.....

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
GAME OVER

Why is that we hear the lament of "in the middle" when the party that has had control and failed in leadership and is about to be kicked to the curb.....

You haven't been listening. The middle has been lementing for years.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
GAME OVER

You haven't been listening. The middle has been lementing for years.

How many years?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I see you're still online, RY62... Tell me more about the suffering of the middle class... and the years that this has taken place under....

Awaken me. Open my eyes....

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I see you're still online, RY62... Tell me more about the suffering of the middle class... and the years that this has taken place under....

Still awaiting the great enlightenment...

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

I'm not talking about the "middle class". I'm talking about the people that consider themselves to be moderate Republicans, centrist democrats, and Independents. It seems that a party gets into office and pushes the agenda for their side until the public is convinced that they are the root of all evil. Seeing the opportunity, the opposing party pushes for the extreme of their agenda. Nothing but course corrections, left and right. Wash, rinse, repeat...

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

I'm not talking about the "middle class". I'm talking about the people that consider themselves to be moderate Republicans, centrist democrats, and Independents. It seems that a party gets into office and pushes the agenda for their side until the public is convinced that they are the root of all evil. Seeing the opportunity, the opposing party pushes for the extreme of their agenda. Nothing but course corrections, left and right. Wash, rinse, repeat...

But you are not in the middle, sweetheart.....

You embrace what you decry..............

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

But you are not in the middle, sweetheart.....

You embrace what you decry..............

If you had read that thread, honeybuns, you'd have seen that I'm not embracing anything. I'm still stuck in the middle.