Obama on the View WTF!?!?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Too bad that Obama was too busy campaigning to fulfill his commitment to talk at the Boy Scouts' 100th Anniversary Jamboree.

FYI: President Obama became the honorary president of the BSA in March 2009.

Obama PR insists his failure to appear at the historic BSA event was NOT due to his time conflict when appearing on 'The View', but was due to his time conflict when attending several campaign fund raisers. I think that is an even worse excuse.

But I suppose bribe money does not print itself.

]
obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Too bad that Obama was too busy campaigning to fulfill his commitment to talk at the Boy Scouts' 100th Anniversary Jamboree.

Obama PR insists his failure to appear at the historic BSA event was NOT due to his time conflict when appearing on 'The View', but was due to his time conflict when attending several campaign fund raisers. I think that is an even worse excuse.

Give me one guess where you heard that: Fox News?

Dear God, how can the POTUS miss a Jamboree? I'm sure they go every year....

bullbert

May 24, 2004
Give me one guess where you heard that: Fox News?

Dear God, how can the POTUS miss a Jamboree? I'm sure they go every year....

ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, Huffington Post, etc, and yes of course Fox.

And, yes, they have the 100th Anniversary Jamboree every year. Seriously?!? At least you could have google'd first.

> The Jamboree is a gathering that takes place every five years or so and this year's is especially significant as 2010 marks the centennial of the scouting movement in the United States.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Several reasons:
- get his message out
- appeal to the "normal folk", i.e., those that aren't tuned into cables news networks 24/7
- humanizes Obama, i.e., let's folks see the "dad/husband" side of him

LMAO, The View's audience is far from normal.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

And, yes, they have the 100th Anniversary Jamboree every year. Seriously?!? At least you could have google'd first.

> The Jamboree is a gathering that takes place every five years or so and this year's is especially significant as 2010 marks the centennial of the scouting movement in the United States.

What? 100th anniversaries are not quadrennial?! Such a shame he missed it, esp since its such a nice round number with an unusual number of 0's. You certainly won't get that again for a very long time.

Scouting and America will never be the same! How could he let this happen! Will no one think of the children?! If it were only a mainstream news program, like NBC Nightly News, or even The Newshour, and he was talking to the usual gaggle of Washington reporters, then maybe America could suffer this injustice.
But,.. Barbara Walters? This is what we've come to? :(

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

If he did....

OMG, Obama is Brainwashing our young Boys!!! D:D:D:D:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
A lot of people forget when Bush was on Dr Phil

http://drphil.com/shows/show/529

And the View ain't half bad, better than Dr Phil IMO. But you know what, she may be pain in the buttocks, but Hasselbeck is seriously hot. Man that girl has got some nice legs. And I like a bold snappy mouth chick. I Know OB was looking at those silky legs ;).
I bet he wasn't because it would be on camera. I bet it required, however, about 80% of his brain power not to do it, it would mine. Chick is hella fit.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I bet he wasn't because it would be on camera. I bet it required, however, about 80% of his brain power not to do it, it would mine. Chick is hella fit.
Yeah but she ruins it when she starts talking.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Possibly because it's a homophobic organization?

Just saying.

Last edited:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Its such a joke. Obama since being elected President has even been on Leno and Letterman. The guy just likes to talk with folks. And all this Boy Scouts stuff is lame as well. If he had skipped the View, the pundits would have said see he had a chance to sit down with America but he chose to hide. Truth is these mongrels on the right will never ever be happy with anything he does. But hey they only got another 6 years left :p.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I don't see the problem with it. What's wrong with the leader of the country talking with the citizens or talking in a forum the citizens are likely to watch? I disagree with a lot of what he has done and what he believes, but being upset over this is silly.

The local morning show I listen to (for local news) is harping on him big time. They even have a promo of the girl talking about how he shouldn't be on these shows. Bleh.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Whatever, Whoopi is highly critical of Obama and his policies, and her vote for him in 2012 is not a sure thing.

So your a fan of the show?

Not that there is anything wrong with that, just asking so that I understand the context of your post.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Google? It's in the very post he quoted. He's a moron, but give him a break - it's hard enough just typing when the men in white won't remove your straitjacket and muzzle, he can't be expected to display comprehension too.

Personally I don't see the big deal. Of course Obama isn't going to the Boy Scouts 100th Anniversary Jamboree - he thinks they're a bunch of racist homophobic future NRA-joining little crackers who don't understand that true compassion and achievement lies in seizing and redistributing others' wealth, not in personal achievements or behavior. And Clinton taught us that Presidents should always be in campaign mode if they want to pass an ambitious agenda, and certainly "fundamentally transforming" a society is ambitious. The Messiah's support amongst women is cratering, and an appearance on The View allows him to speak to those women watching and reassure them that he cares. This is the future; all presidents will be doing this.

And Obama agreed to the honor of being honorary president of the BSA simply because he accepts all accolades as his due and it cost him nothing - and since he's blown them off, it STILL has cost him nothing.

Last edited: