Obama - no class

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not decided on whether or not he actually did flip (don't care), but if he did I can only assume it's part of some overall political strategy. Barack is too intelligent of a person, too comfortable as an orator and simply too slick of a politician to burn himself with such egregious acts unless he had an overriding reason for doing so.

/my short tenure at P&N

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
well I was going to defend it as being a silly accusation as much as I hated to.
But after watching the video, it does look like he fully knew what he was doing.
So my opinion of him has dropped lower , if thats possible.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: daniel49
well I was going to defend it as being a silly accusation as much as I hated to.
But after watching the video, it does look like he fully knew what he was doing.
So my opinion of him has dropped lower , if thats possible.

K.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Descartes
I'm not decided on whether or not he actually did flip (don't care), but if he did I can only assume it's part of some overall political strategy. Barack is too intelligent of a person, too comfortable as an orator and simply too slick of a politician to burn himself with such egregious acts unless he had an overriding reason for doing so.

/my short tenure at P&N

If you want to overanalyze it there is definitely a motive. . . in the wake of the debate he is trying to make the media look even more silly by having them wonder whether he did or did not flip off Clinton while touching his face. I'm not usually interested in these sorts of speculations but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I was stupid enough to read this entire thread....(as if this should be considered news)

so here is my commentary on if it was intentional:

TIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Socio
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: Socio
I watched the video and it looks like he did it then knew he did it, and started grinning like a Chesser cat after as if some on the inside knew he was going to do it and he was thinking how funny it must be to them that he did it.

For crap sake a trained professional speech giver such as Obama knows you do not scratch yourself at the podium while making a speech. So it is more likely that was a deliberate gesture not an actual itch.

It would have been real funny if Hillary would have walked across the stage and slapped the crap out of him for it.

I'm sorry, but it's a little hard to listen to analysis offered by someone who thinks the appropriate title for someone who speaks in a professional capacity is "professional speech giver".

It is both a correct term and widely used, I don?t see the problem?

A quick Google search reveals that you're definitely right about the term being widely used, but it still doesn't sound like good English to me.

That said, your post was pretty silly for many other reasons, so I'll give you the "speech giver" thing. You "analysis" of Obama's actions makes absolutely no sense, and seems to involve a truly spectacular level of mind-reading in any case.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: mitchel
He's just scratching his face.

Sure he is. :roll:

Too bad you can't see me right now...I'm just scratching my face. :laugh:

Wow, people who hated Obama's guts to begin with see what they want to see in his actions...film at 11 :roll:

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Even his supporters in the room recognize it immediately after he did it, and the sly smirk on his face. I don't care if you support him or not, but it is intentional. Not a doubt.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Look kind of intentional but who knows or cares really. It would have been newsworthy had he grabbed his crotch with the other hand at the same time perhaps..

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
This is a f'n joke, right? You would have to be a brainless twat to believe he flipped anyone off.

woops, I see that we have quite a few of those in here... I'm not surprised.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse74
This is a f'n joke, right? You would have to be a brainless twat to believe he flipped anyone off.

The joke is the people who can't see that it was a deliberate slight. Whether it is newsworthy or not is another question. It certainly raises the question of Obama's maturity, LOL. :p

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: mitchel
He's just scratching his face.

Sure he is. :roll:

Too bad you can't see me right now...I'm just scratching my face. :laugh:
Your face is in your pants?:shocked:

Oh, aren't you just so cute... and a Senior Moderator too. Trying to bait me into a flamefest so you can feel justified when you lock this thread?

He's posting as a member, not a Mod. However, I am and I remind you that Mod call-outs or "baiting" is not allowed. So please get your thread back on track.

T.I.A.

Fern
AnandTech P&N Moderator

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

The joke is the people who can't see that it was a deliberate slight. Whether it is newsworthy or not is another question. It certainly raises the question of Obama's maturity, LOL. :p

Right on cue!

no, it really doesnt...

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

Right on cue!

no, it really doesnt...

LOL, your the one right on cue, complete with your "mature" rebuttal. Obama was being oh so cute in that little schoolboy way he has. :laugh:

/thread

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I changed my registration from Independent to, for my first time ever, Democratic this year in order to vote for Hillary Clinton in our upcoming Pa. primary.

That said, it is simply silly to think that Obama was giving Clinton the bird. It should amaze me that so many of you think he was, but, sadly, it doesn't. :(