Obama - no class

cirrhosis

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2005
...He wasn't doing it intentionally.

I push up my glasses with my middle finger sometimes without thinking - it's not my intention to flip others off.

Amusing nonetheless.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Not innapropriate in the least

99% of you faux-conservatives would love to flip-off hillary.. many dream about making her disappear...

I suppose it is better that Bush KISSES the Saudi royal family MEN on the lips and walks holding hands with them

or that he sees the soul of Putin and thinks he is a goodguy :laugh:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
yeah no shit, after the smiles he knew what he was doing.

Now you gotta wonder if it will make headlines. If it does it could sink him... Kind of childish idiot for doing that. Sigh.....Maybe he isn't ready to be a president I can't even imagine a senator doing that.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
BTW.. as stated above... no proof that was his 100% intention

I love the replies from the locksteps at youtube...

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: ericlp
yeah no shit, after the smiles he knew what he was doing.

Now you gotta wonder if it will make headlines. If it does it could sink him... Kind of childish idiot for doing that. Sigh.....Maybe he isn't ready to be a president I can't even imagine a senator doing that.

Obama smiles almost constantly, so it's hard to say it was intentional. I really doubt it though, it was probably a coincidence.

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
From what I have read, Hillary has one hell of a mouth and way with words(cussing/bellettleing staff)

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, funny how he does it talking about how hillary got all her digs in...

Ok...benefit of the doubt..... Show me a video that shows him doing that... and I'll believe it less.... Looks 1000% intentional to me.

Don't get me wrong... Hillary probably slimed him pretty good...

Can you imagine him doing this to another leader he didn't like? Is he suppose to do this to anyone else he doesn't care for?

I think Obama is the better pick over anyone running (not like there is much of a choice)... That being said, I just don't think he should have acted this way....

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
imho totally intentional.

I don't know what to think about that...

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've seen Obama do facial scratches with his middle finger, instead of another so I'm not ready say it was intentional.

However, if it was, she's had that and more coming for a long time. :laugh:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I doubt it was intentional.

However, even if it was, politicians are human too, I prefer them that way, such behavior among them is actually very common, and who can blame him after that wretched tabloid set-up of a debate?
I mean, seriously... hey, let's question the patriotism of the black guy but not the white woman. Or hey, let's imply he's in cohoots with terrorists because he once sat on the board of a prominent anti-poverty fund that an old 60's radical is also on the board of (along with executives of major corporations). And so forth.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: dahunan

99% of you faux-conservatives would love to flip-off hillary.. many dream about making her disappear...

I suppose it is better that Bush KISSES the Saudi royal family MEN on the lips and walks holding hands with them

italics: um... that's called fucking respect for the culture dumbass

bold: Bush and Putin are politically and economically very similar, but it's the pressing issues of the countries that drives their decisions and what they need to do... except philosophically Putin is extreme and going to become the next feared Russian ruler, and the current Russian governmental structure only makes this easier. Bush is done essentially, and had a LOT less control than you all folk seem to think he had. Welcome to the power of congress. Sadly... Congress, collectively, was worse than Bush.

+

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: OrByte

... that he has a sense of humor?

Have you guys ever listened to the taped recordings of old Presidents and politicians? Some of them are like... wow. LBJ's swearing and cursing could make a sailor and a 2-dollar whore in bed together blush.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
I doubt it was intentional.

However, even if it was, politicians are human too, I prefer them that way, such behavior among them is actually very common, and who can blame him after that wretched tabloid set-up of a debate?
I mean, seriously... hey, let's question the patriotism of the black guy but not the white woman. Or hey, let's imply he's in cohoots with terrorists because he once sat on the board of a prominent anti-poverty fund that an old 60's radical is also on the board of (along with executives of major corporations). And so forth.

This is somewhat of my feeling too. In light of the recent debate I think Obama has a little leeway. The guy was harrassed without a doubt, his feelings are probably still raw.

But I also think that he could handle himself better. It makes me wonder out of everything that is being throw at him, is he having a hard time learning how to dodge these land mines? is he learning anything?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it blows my mind trying to figure out what kind of perspective it takes to look at the debates and blame Hillary for the tone instead of the moderators. /headasplode.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: destrekor
Originally posted by: dahunan

italics: um... that's called fucking respect for the culture dumbass

bold: Bush and Putin are politically and economically very similar, but it's the pressing issues of the countries that drives their decisions and what they need to do... except philosophically Putin is extreme and going to become the next feared Russian ruler, and the current Russian governmental structure only makes this easier. Bush is done essentially, and had a LOT less control than you all folk seem to think he had. Welcome to the power of congress. Sadly... Congress, collectively, was worse than Bush.

+

you think other presidents kissed the Saudis on the lips when they met them and kissed their ass too .. thank you calling me names by the way ;-)

Bush probably should have made all the women in his cabinet wear Burkas that day too - LOL

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

Have you guys ever listened to the taped recordings of old Presidents and politicians? Some of them are like... wow. LBJ's swearing and cursing could make a sailor and a 2-dollar whore in bed together blush.
Yes more than anything I think it shows he has a sense of humor. You and I understand that...but his opponents might seize upon it.

Why on earth would he run the risk of creating yet another incendiary issue?? Just wait until Foxnews gets a hold of this...if it hasn't already happened.

btw- I do think this makes the man more endearing...more authentic. Listening to Hillary speak the other day it was clear I couldn't count on her to be authentic much less endearing. just my .02

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000

Yes more than anything I think it shows he has a sense of humor. You and I understand might understand that...but his opponents might seize upon it.

Why on earth would he run the risk of creating yet another incendiary issue?? Just wait until Foxnews gets a hold of this...if it hasn't already happened.

exactly. I flip people off all the time! Almost daily! When I was a kid... and it was funny. Tho, I can't remember the last time I've done it 10 years maybe more?

But do we really need our leaders doing this? I don't even think it's appropriate to do that on TV ... FCC would fine you for doing it. Maybe we should make it ok, But does Obama really need any more negative press? Apparently he thinks he does.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Here is a perfect response from US News and World Report
If Obama did this on purpose, it's a sign of incredible immaturity. If he did it by accident, it's a sign of inexperience. If a president were to make an accidental gesture like that while talking about a foreign leader, for example, it could cause a global uproar.
I a sure that lots of videos of Obama scratching his face will start to show up all over the place. So we can wait until then to see if this is a habit or a one time event.