Obama Knocked for Chewing Gum in India: 'Ungainly Sight'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Slow news day for Weekly Standard?
No day where foreign press is bashing Obama is ever a slow news day for Weekly Standard.

give_a_fuck.gif
lol +1

While i think that if visiting a country you should be respectful i don't find much to care about in the story.

big deal he had gum and she went without a scarf (wich i agree with).
Yup, me too. If I had to sit through a freakin' parade, gum would be the least they'd have to worry about.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Well at one point he did take the gum out of his mouth to give it a bit of an inspection before popping it back in. Could be worse. He could be doing armpit farts and cupping farts too.

We hear here from time to time that we don't respect the office. I see nothing coming from him warranting any respect. Very little about him is Presidential. But I've grown used to it as has the rest of the world.

It couldn't be that your irrational, seething, and poorly camouflaged hatred for the man is influencing your perceptions.

I'm not a big fan of him personally and generally think he's a solidly mediocre president with troubling tendencies to violate core tenants of what the country supposedly stands for (extrajudicial killings, domestic surveilance, etc) but the degree to which you seem to fetishize him is disturbing.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Are Indians still operating under the belief that the moon is made of cheese? They're going to wrangle it down to feed the starving?

I'm a little worried that went over your head Nebor.

I shouldn't have to spell out how delusional it is for a country with hundreds of millions of starving people to be funding a damn Mars orbiter. If you're a starving Unclean type I'm sure that's more cause to be offended, I mean compared to watching a person chew gum anyway.

Last edited:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Eh, conservatives are just trying to find something to crow over when it comes to Obama. That being said, I think that gum chewing is a disgusting habit and its time that more people realized that. Seriously, seeing someone constantly chewing without eating or swallowing reminds me of how cattle "chew the cud" out in the field. It makes me want to start moo-ing at everyone I see doing so.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Eh, conservatives are just trying to find something to crow over when it comes to Obama. That being said, I think that gum chewing is a disgusting habit and its time that more people realized that. Seriously, seeing someone constantly chewing without eating or swallowing reminds me of how cattle "chew the cud" out in the field. It makes me want to start moo-ing at everyone I see doing so.

Aha, so he was mimicking an animal sacred to his hosts in order to win favor!

Nice try Obummer, be a little less obvious next time huh?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
It couldn't be that your irrational, seething, and poorly camouflaged hatred for the man is influencing your perceptions.

I'm not a big fan of him personally and generally think he's a solidly mediocre president with troubling tendencies to violate core tenants of what the country supposedly stands for (extrajudicial killings, domestic surveilance, etc) but the degree to which you seem to fetishize him is disturbing.
I think you're too easily disturbed and I say that in the nicest way possible.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
No criticism of Obama is too petty for the raving right wing. In that, they reveal the depths of their depravity.

Lean pickings is what's causing it. When you're starving and the last of the fruit falls from the tree, you gotta go after the ones that aren't really there. ;)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well at one point he did take the gum out of his mouth to give it a bit of an inspection before popping it back in. Could be worse. He could be doing armpit farts and cupping farts too.

We hear here from time to time that we don't respect the office. I see nothing coming from him warranting any respect. Very little about him is Presidential. But I've grown used to it as has the rest of the world.

Because that last guy was so stellar

Imagine the outrage if the Obamas acted like that last family.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
LOL @ complaints of Obama being disrespectful,.. especially from the right. Because they lost their shit when he bowed to a Saudi king.

No, really, keep the 'legitimate' complaints coming guys.