Obama has double digit lead in PA also leads FL & OH

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I know, I know...polls this far out aren't too reliable. However, this does dispel some of the grumblings that Obama can't win or won't be able to compete in the "big, battleground states" that Hillary was spreading and that a lot of the McCain supporters have also spouted.

This is good news for Obama. He leads in every demographic but men (who are usually the least likely to get to the polls) and is only slightly behind McCain there.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08170/890747-100.stm

Riding support from women, blacks and younger voters, Democratic Sen. Barack Obama holds a 12-point lead over Republican Sen. John McCain among likely Pennsylvania voters in the race for the White House, according to the latest Quinnipiac University poll released this morning.

The results are part of the Quinnipiac University poll conducted simultaneously in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania asking likely voters their opinions of 2008 presidential hopefuls.

Sen. Obama, who holds a 52 to 40 percent edge over Sen. McCain, leads in almost every demographic group except men, said Clay F. Richards, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. Sen. McCain holds a narrow lead among likely men voters, 47 to 45 percent.

White voters in the state prefer Sen. Obama, 47 to 44 percent.

"Obama now leads in all three critical swing states polled by Quinnipiac University, with smaller margins in Ohio and Florida than he has in Pennsylvania," Mr. Richards said.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster

Though I hope the polls are ominous, and McCain is certainly losing steam.

if he's going to lose steam, now is the time to do it, not September/October.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Meh it's all over but the killin'

It's just unfortunate that he's going to be wasting millions of dollars between now and November.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ayabe

It's just unfortunate that he's going to be wasting millions of dollars between now and November.

god damn the america that wants to have a choice in November... McCain should just drop out now to save money.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

god damn the america that wants to have a choice in November... McCain should just drop out now to save money.

That's right, BHO and his army of Black Panthers have already taken over.

You're on notice whitey.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

You're on notice whitey.

I'm doing my duty and voting for the half-white guy... I just don't think it'll be nearly as much of a landslide in November as the Obamites are predicting.

the polls are encouraging but not significantly different than how Kerry was doing in June 4 years ago as far as I know.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481

That's right, BHO and his army of Black Panthers have already taken over.

You're on notice whitey.

You do know only Colbert can put people on notice, right? :laugh:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I am not going to allow my self to get elated or depressed every time a new poll comes out, it just invites mood swing and irrationality. Not mention the 10 to the google power
number of inconvenienced electrons that will result in fruitless pre mortem analysis.

For once I agree with loki, " polls this far out aren't too reliable."

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Why are we even polling at this point? I mean I can see the campaigns doing so to see where they need better ground forces but really why does this need to make national news? Until the VPs are selected, the conventions occur, and September is coming to a close I'd rather not see any polls and just hear what the candidates true positions are and not the ones that reflect who they are pandering to based on strengths in polling.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Most of us knew this would happen. However, many braindead Hillary supporters -- those who swore he'd lose those states -- are NEVER going to admit that they were wrong... ever.

Yes techs, that would be you.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: palehorse
Most of us knew this would happen. However, many braindead Hillary supporters -- those who swore he'd lose those states -- are NEVER going to admit that they were wrong... ever.

I never said Obama would lose those states. You must be confusing me with the Republican propaganda on FoxNews.
Step away from the t.v...

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse

You're speaking in the past tense about the outcome of a contest taking place 4+ months from now and calling out as wrong those who predicted BO will lose those states before anyone has won them. I think one outlier poll as this point is a pretty thin thread to base all that upon. If you are waiting for people to admit they were wrong about who will win those states in November, I think you might have to wait until November.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Polls don't mean a thing. :p

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Interesting polls. So are we still going to have the election?

If polls this early are to be believed, then McCain has a good chance in New Jersey and Obama has a good chance in Alaska...so...don't pay attention to polls...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Speaking of Polls. McCain and Obama are in a statistical dead heat in MN. MN is as blue as it gets. We even voted for Mondale in 84!