Obama Hands Out Another Participation Award

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I don't particularly agree with giving him this honor, but old Plugs is one of the few CongressCritters to go in with relatively modest means and resist the urge to make himself fabulously wealthy with insider knowledge and connections. That kind of restraint is vanishingly rare and deserves some high level recognition. Truman comes to mind. His politics aren't mine, but I respect his integrity as far above the D.C. norm.

Tl/dr: I think he deserves this as much as any politician since FDR.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
LoL... GW Bush gave Henry Hyde the same medal. That tells me all I need to know about the value of the medal.
Freakin' Strom Thurmond got one. This time around, Obama gave them to Oprah and Ellen Degeneras. I don't agree with the way these are handed out, but Biden is hands down more deserving than most who get them.

Reactions: bshole

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Biden is one of the few actually decent human beings in that hell hole who devoted his life to the service of his country without a goal of enriching himself by said service. He's faced personal adversity that I could never fathom (or want to) and come out the other side a better person. Of all the people to receive this award he is easily among the more deserving. Attempts to tear him down for this speak much more about the people making them than they do about the man who received the award.

Reactions: vi edit

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
But I thought that was Hillary???!?

Obama founded ISIS as part of a secret mission to Iraq when he was 30. It was part of his "community organizer" time. He also used the time to setup heroin smuggling routes to Chicago in exchange for guns.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Obama founded ISIS as part of a secret mission to Iraq when he was 30. It was part of his "community organizer" time. He also used the time to setup heroin smuggling routes to Chicago in exchange for guns.
You had me until you mentioned guns.

Reactions: COPOHawk

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
In this thread: people who've achieved the absolute least with their life bitching that a long serving public official gets a recognition award.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Seems like as long at Trump's admin. doesn't mess with the OP's Medicaid and SNAP benefits, he's fine with everything else.