Obama Hands Out Another Participation Award

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
that or pardons

Words and stuff!

74a.png

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
He totally deserved it too. The amusement derived from the memes alone is worthy of a medal! :p

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
LOL, someone gets a medal and the Right gets angry!!! And then they say liberals are all "bleeding heart" and too easily triggered!!! I can't remember any controversy liberals stirred up when Reagan got the medal, but I suppose some Birkenstock liberal at Berkeley probably shouted something too. That's what the Right has become.

lol. We need a Conservative trigger scroll. This stuff is piling up at a record rate now.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
After Bush giving John Bremer a medal, this is just one more issue where the indignant right has it's head up it's hypocritical ass.

Yes, keep whining you poor victimized snowflakes.

Is that the Brownie guy, or is it the one that turned Iraq into a steaming hell and eventual Al Qaeda and then ISIS haven with a single night's work? :D

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
as far I know, the only high politician with a son fighting the unpopular Irak war. Good for Biden.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Is that the Brownie guy, or is it the one that turned Iraq into a steaming hell and eventual Al Qaeda and then ISIS haven with a single night's work? :D

I meant Paul Bremer, my bad. But yes, that's him.

Sunni insurgency, ISIS...yep. He built that, as they say.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Dick Cheney got one, so.....

NO...... F U C K I N G...... WAY!

If this is actually true, the award should be completely done away with. It is meaningless garbage if a person as objectively evil and harmful to America as Cheney could get it.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Yay, let's hand out more like candy!

Seriously, I didn't know it was possible to disgrace a medal by handing them out to people that have done absolutely nothing other than their job... and somehow that is worthy of a medal? This has clearly turned into participation award. Why not hand some more out to talk show hosts? I mean, they do sooo much for our country what with keeping our asses on the couch and preventing us from being educated....

xjhii.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...aa24a0-d90c-11e6-9a36-1d296534b31e_story.html

Ron Paul fanboy triggered. Safe space can be found here.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
For the record Roberto Clemente and Aretha Franklin got them too. Anyone bitching about those?
(I'm fine with them receiving the medals)

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
lol. We need a Conservative trigger scroll. This stuff is piling up at a record rate now.

Just more conservative projection. They whine about the left being mean and triggered all the time, then they post shit threads like this one. I really hop the OP finds a safe space soon. I'm concerned.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Just more conservative projection. They whine about the left being mean and triggered all the time, then they post shit threads like this one. I really hop the OP finds a safe space soon. I'm concerned.

He should try going to the theater? I heard Hamilton is a great production.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
For the record Roberto Clemente and Aretha Franklin got them too. Anyone bitching about those?
(I'm fine with them receiving the medals)

You have to have a well-groomed, years-long default response to any mention of "politician" or "government" with immediate cynicism, disdain, or outright scorn. These are Goldwater/Nixon/Reagan republicans. Some time later, you add "democrat" or "liberal" to the mix, and you now have a significantly large group of people that are so profoundly incapable of rational thought after any of those 4 trigger words are mentioned, that you have now defined the modern conservative base.

This is how you approach people like PokerGuy--just understand that his brain is no longer functioning after the trigger words have unleashed his vitriol and so there really is no point in further engaging him. However, if you want him to blindly vote "republican," then he is now perfectly primed.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'd also like to say to those bitching about this award being bestowed, the same thing that I hear the regressive right saying over and over right now:
"He's YOUR President. Deal with it."