Obama hails NASA's Mars rover program as he's cutting it 40%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
There have been several pieces of legislation in the past meant to reduce fraud in the system, and they've actually worked, to a point. Money was saved. The trouble is that they have now already weeded out the low hanging fruit among the fraud, i.e. the stuff which can easily and cost-efficiently be detected and stopped. What remains may cost more in enforcement to eliminate than the value of the fraud itself.

It seems to me to be better to pay the money to people to enforce the laws rather then just let the crooks get away with it for doing nothing. At least then we would be providing jobs at the expense of the crooks.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Yeah it's sad NASA doesn't get a much larger budget so they can do many more things they want. They do have a bunch of good projects that are going on right now that will be getting this funding. I know a couple projects that are way over budget so I am guessing that is causing the cut to this part.

NASA is one of the few places that we get our moneys worth and get a good return on what is put in.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I know this is a troll post, but if you think that Curiosity's science data mostly comes from pictures then you're truly hopelessly uninformed.

I just don't think it is really relavent at the moment. In fact, I think it is a huge waste of money. I know that people like to throw money at their hobbies but we need to keep our feet planted and keep pushing forward instead of wasting billions doing geology studies on a planet millions of miles away that has zero impact on our lives.

I know yours was a douchebag post, but I won't sink to your level....

oh, wait...

yeah