Obama forces goverment to make most painfull cuts

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
I love some of the right-wingers on this board for years who complain that Obama is spending too much, is a tax & spend "librul", etc. then bitch about him making budget cuts. You're the same people that a year ago were going on and on about how he needs to cut the budget, now when he finally does it you whine about it? You got what you wanted, you should be happy for a change!

You all made your bed, now lie in it.
Apparently you are completely clueless about the point being made. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Nov 30, 2006
You said Obama is placing a political agenda above the needs of the American people... You think only Obama and/or the Democratic party is guilty of this?

You're smarter than that.
I never said that I think only Obama and/or the Democratic party is guilty of this.

Can you please provide some examples that's comparable to what Obama is currently doing (regardless of party)? Personally I can't think of anything that comes close.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I never said that I think only Obama and/or the Democratic party is guilty of this.

Yet you were shocked that I would say both parties are guilty.

Can you please provide some examples that's comparable to what Obama is currently doing (regardless of party)? Personally I can't think of anything that comes close.

... examples of putting political agenda before the good of the country?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Am I the only one who actually read the article in the OP? Because one person who is not even very high in APHIS (he doesn't appear on their leadership page for example) makes a claim without releasing said email. The Secretary of Agriculture comes out and says that claim is false and he misunderstood even. Why is it so easy for some people to believe a claim with no basis or proof? And it comes from a source with a well established conservative political bias!

P&N you never fail to amaze me at the new levels of ignorance you reach.

Nov 30, 2006
Yet you were shocked that I would say both parties are guilty.

... examples of putting political agenda before the good of the country?
:rolleyes: I'm not "shocked" as you apparently imagine.

I asked you for examples of anything that comes remotely close to what Obama is currently doing regardless of political party. Am I somehow not being clear?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

I asked you for examples of anything that comes remotely close to what Obama is currently doing regardless of political party. Am I somehow not being clear?

No you aren't, because you said you don't think it is only Obama/Democrats who are putting political agendas ahead of the needs of the people... yet you want examples of, since you weren't specific, putting political agendas ahead of the needs of the people.

Asking for examples (because you can't think of any) of something says you don't think there are examples.. yet you say you think both parties do it. Seems contradictory.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
No you aren't, because you said you don't think it is only Obama/Democrats who are putting political agendas ahead of the needs of the people... yet you want examples of, since you weren't specific, putting political agendas ahead of the needs of the people.

As already mentioned, this entire situation only came about because the GOP wanted to play politics with the debt ceiling.

They demanded cuts -- they're getting cuts.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Also, please do not forget that the ONLY reason we had sequester in the first place was to appease the GOP teabag wingnuts.

Right. Reining in spending had nothing to do with trillion dollar deficit spending. It's just teabagging nutters.

:rolleyes:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I love some of the right-wingers on this board for years who complain that Obama is spending too much, is a tax & spend "librul", etc. then bitch about him making budget cuts. You're the same people that a year ago were going on and on about how he needs to cut the budget, now when he finally does it you whine about it? You got what you wanted, you should be happy for a change!

Just like most Democrats, you're too stupid to see that instead of cutting pork, Obama is insisting on making the cuts as painful as possible to make it look like the Republicans want to put grandma in the street.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
As already mentioned, this entire situation only came about because the GOP wanted to play politics with the debt ceiling.

They demanded cuts -- they're getting cuts.

The most damaging and nasty cuts that the Obama administration can manage. Sounds like good government in action.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Lets start with Mitch McChickenface filibustering his own bill. If that's not putting his political agenda ahead of the American people I don't know what is.

Nov 30, 2006

Asking for examples (because you can't think of any) of something says you don't think there are examples.. yet you say you think both parties do it. Seems contradictory.
I think both parties have put their political agendas ahead of the American people. We are in agreement on this point.

Let's just leave it at that as I don't think I can be any clearer in making my point than I already have.

Nov 30, 2006
Lets start with Mitch McChickenface filibustering his own bill. If that's not putting his political agenda ahead of the American people I don't know what is.
What was the direct impact to the American people? Zip.

This doesn't come close to what Obama is currently doing. Try again.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
What was the direct impact to the American people? Zip.

This doesn't come close to what Obama is currently doing. Try again.

There's no direct imact to the American people when the second most powerful man in the senate is playing games rather than collaborating to find solutions?

Try again.

Nov 30, 2006
There's no direct imact to the American people when the second most powerful man in the senate is playing games rather than collaborating to find solutions?
If this really bothers you...then you must be absolutely livid that the most powerful man in our nation is playing games rather than collaborating to find solutions. I hear you. ;)

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
The most damaging and nasty cuts that the Obama administration can manage.

That's your opinion. And one, given your posting history, that I don't take very seriously.

What's a fact is that this entire situation happened only because the GOP held the debt ceiling hostage to demand spending cuts.

And that fact isn't going to change no matter how much you guys whine about the consequences.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
The fact that you stated this proves you missed the point of every post blasting Obama over what he's doing. Your response shows you're either completely deficient in reading comprehension or just another willfully ignorant hack.

I'll try to explain it to you in very simple terms, using small words:

A lot of us think the government spends too much money.
The less money that's spent with the new spending is still more than the money spent last year.
Obama can choose how the money gets spent.
He could have his people try to act smart and spend their money in ways that won't hurt a lot of people.
But he would rather spend it in a way that hurts a lot of people so that he can blame the people that don't like him.
This makes some people think that Obama doesn't really care about people.

Catch a clue, please.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
That's your opinion. And one, given your posting history, that I don't take very seriously.

What's a fact is that this entire situation happened only because the GOP held the debt ceiling hostage to demand spending cuts.

And that fact isn't going to change no matter how much you guys whine about the consequences.

It's not as if the same tactic isn't used by Democrats here in California as they try to get taxes raised. It's pretty routine.

Nov 30, 2006

Ah...so it's actually the GOP's fault that the Obama administration is choosing to make this as visible and painful to the American public as possible. Got it.

Obama wants food inspection impacted so he can blame the GOP for the lack of money available...yet somehow he found enough money to give $250mm to Egypt and $60mm in aid to Syria the other day.

Go figure.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Does Obama get to choose where cuts are made? If so we have every right to bitch about it. The sequester itself is not at issue here, at least thats not this threads intention.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
did you read the article?

A government agency asked if they could spread the pain around/minimize it. And Obama said no, Fire people.

Did you read the article ? The article says the dept's plans already included his suggestions. So the email may be an embarassment, the actual facts are that the department is doing things in the way he suggested.