Obama eviscerates Trump.....Democracy is at stake@@!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well well well!

He finally spoke out against Trump, for real.

I don't know if Merica really was served by Obama's standoffish, classy-guy tactic of letting Dumpy essentially do his own thing for three and a half years without any comment. Of course, a person with the least bit of tact would know it's not really their place to second-guess the next Prez, and I suppose Obama also felt he could use a break from all the attention it would give him - and after eight years as Prez without any genuine vacation (unlike Dumpy who golfs two days out of every seven and spends most of his workdays on "executive time" watching TV), he probably deserved it.

But we know Dumpy would not have given him the same courtesy, had their roles been reversed. And the Repuggers have been busy dismantling U.S. gov't and democracy, and ceaselessly sowing seeds of dissent and breeding division and strife amongst the populace, so maybe he should have said more. *shrug*

With the benefit of hindsight it's easy to make these observations. Like with all processes of entrophy, the Repuggers' influence has been creeping, eroding a bit here, and a bit there. It's only when you finally take a few steps back that you see that the whole structure is starting to come unglued.

*shrug* Hm. Maybe I assume too much.

About the speech... At times I felt it was a bit preachy and speaking to the already converted. But the way U.S. political discourse has been poisoned of late, it's not as if any Repuggers would have been turned around anyway regardless of what message Obama delivered. Or even listen at all, probably. So you might as well burn all your calories trying to get your own all fired up and ready to vote I suppose.
Obama realized from the moment he handed the keys to Trumpster that it would be a continual ugly if he started reacting. He knew others would, by the hundreds, etc., and he knew they knew he was keeping quiet for the time being and likely wouldn't speak up until now, when Dumpy was up for reelection. So, this had to play out as it did. Now, the end of Obama's speech was the bazooka when he said if we didn't vote in Biden, American democracy and the ideals that underpin it would be gone, dead, history. This election really is the litmus test for America's chance to save its soul. If we don't get this one right, the rudder has been ripped off the ship and there's nothing left but the shipwreck to follow.

Great minds discuss ideas.

Average minds discuss events.

Small minds discuss people.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

74 days until the big one! Vote... vote early, vote Democratic!

Reactions: JEDIYoda and FaaR