Obama delivers a shot over the bow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Genx87
Can you rewrite that in english please?

My translator for "Frothing at the mouth liberal to english" is broken.

:laugh: :thumbsup:

I need new batteries for mine, it's been working overtime since the Palin selection sent the frothing ones into a rage :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Craig234
So he delivers the same rehearsed line he has been using since he started this campaign and it is a shot?

Across the bow I can see, clearly didnt land. Now lets wait for McCain\Palin's return volley that should land about in the boiler room stopping his ship dead in its tracks.

McCain could make a fortune you his piss as perfume.

Can you rewrite that in english please?

My translator for "Frothing at the mouth liberal to english" is broken.

Already long since edited to add the missing word "selling". Your only language is "right-wing cult', anyway.

____ was responsible for attacking us on 9/11.

I think republicans have demonstrated very clearly their inability to correctly fill in the blanks.

"ROTFLMAO - please stop, my sides are hurting."

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
for all the lamentation over the direction of the McCain campaign, he's doing a lot better now than he was when he was trying to run a respectable race.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
for all the lamentation over the direction of the McCain campaign, he's doing a lot better now than he was when he was trying to run a respectable race.
Well being a mean spirited old crank is more his nature.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
And the proles eat it up like pigs at a trough, don't they?

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Originally posted by: GooeyGUI
Lipstick was around long before pit bulls became a household word. I think pigs predate both.

I'm not sure about McCain's chronology.

The Lip-schtick...

By GOP logic it makes sense to call Palin a bitch, since she referred to herself as a dog, a pit-bull to be exact. But forget all that lip-schtick; Palin is nothing more than a wedge candidate who was given some crackers and asked to parrot the GOP party line. She's here to divide people with nonsensical issues - carefully orchestrated by Rove & company -in order to distract everyone from the last 8 years & Bush so they can dupe the American public and pretend that the country doesn't want a change.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
And the proles eat it up like pigs at a trough, don't they?

I'm surprised the pigs aren't voting for Obama because muslim jews don't eat pork :shocked:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

I've been keeping up pretty closely with the race so far, I don't recall at any point McCain trying to run a respectable race. If you mean last time he ran, ok then sure. But this entire election has been devoid of anything resembling respectability from the McCain campaign.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
I think that I should let the man speak for himself. But to avoid a locking....I'll comment and say that this is the absolute best way to respond to these types of ads. Bring the topic back to issues and show that McCain/Palin don't have a leg to stand on. (That wasn't sexist or offensive to Palin in any way, was it?)

Video of the response

Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday accused Sen. John McCain's campaign of engaging in "lies" and "swift boat politics" in regard to his comment about "lipstick on a pig."

"Spare me the phony outrage. Spare me the phony talk about change," Obama said at the start of an education event in Norfolk, Virginia.

"We have real problems in this country right now. The American people are looking to us for answers, not distractions, not diversions, not manipulations. They want real answers to the real problems we are facing.

"I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and swift boat politics. Enough is enough,"
he said, referring to how Swift Boat Veterans for Truth launched attacks against Sen. John Kerry in the 2004 presidential race.

Obama said the McCain campaign was doing the type of thing that makes people "sick and tired of politics."

Bravo! Bring it on Obama! Take this election back from the Repuglican liars.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

And that's all that matters, right? You may say no, but those who decide seem to say yes.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: senseamp
As many of you remember, I was leaning against Obama and toward McCain, and that Obama would not win my vote, but McCain could lose it and make me vote against him. I've been holding out hope that McCain had some of what I respected in his original campaign left in him.
Lately, I have been troubled by McCain's campaigns dirty tactics, which are akin to those used against him by GWB in 2000.
I will now say that with this latest lipstick "controversy," the last straw has been broken as far as I am concerned. While I am sure some will suck it up, a person with any intelligence at all should be insulted by this sort of cynical twisting of words, and cannot vote for a person engaging in this sort of misleading campaigning. McCain has undeniably, and tragically, become what he fought against all these years.
It is now absolutely clear to me that a vote for McCain is a vote for four more years of corrupt Bush style government and politics, which would be a continued unmitigated disaster, and I will thus be voting for and/or financially supporting his opponent (whom I still consider a demagogue, BTW) simply because this latest ad makes absolutely clear to me that McCain should not be allowed anywhere near the White House.
Demagogue FTW!! :p

I read Palin is surrounding herself with a TON of old GWB aides and handlers. If she was supposed to be a "Powerful Warrior of Washington Corruption!"...well.....we can kiss that short lived idea goodbye.

It reminds me a little bit of invasion of the body snatchers!!