Obama cuts to the front of a line full of hard working middle class 'Mericans

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
After his speech in Austin, TX yesterday, President Barack Obama decided to hop on over to Franklin BBQ, a barbecue pit widely regarded by many as the best in Texas (and perhaps America). But the thing with Franklin BBQ is that their wait is long — as in, sometimes it takes five hours to get into the restaurant — and Obama got to skip it, because he’s the president and he can do that. (“I feel real bad, but – I’m gonna cut,” he told patrons.) According to owner Aaron Franklin, Obama was probably the first person to ever cut the line.

But the line is sacred: no one ever ever cuts, ever, and Eater Austin points out that even food demigod Anthony Bourdain waited three hours to get in when he taped his show there.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-cuts-5-hour-line-for-barbecue-in-texas-infuriates-world/

Screw the American's standing in line for food - Obama's gonna buy it all. Maybe, if you're lucky and lick his shoes he'll pay for yours but the people at the end of the line just get screwed since they only cook so much a day:

They put "three pounds of beef, two pounds of ribs, a half-pound of sausage and a half-pound of turkey" on the president's tab

Thanks Obama!

Mostly tongue and cheek but I'd probably be pissed if I was at the end of the line

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
There's no way in hell I'd wait hours in line for some BBQ.

They usually run out before everyone has gotten some, so you might even end up waiting hours for nothing.

Forget that noise, I'll head to the Salt Lick instead.

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Would probably do him (and pretty much any POTUS) a lot of good to stand in line for a couple hours talking to real people outside the bubble effect.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Would probably do him (and pretty much any POTUS) a lot of good to stand in line for a couple hours talking to real people outside the bubble effect.

Because nothing bad has ever happened to a US president being out in the open in Texas. :rolleyes:

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Dick.

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it I guess I can see a reason for this. One would think the Secret Service doesn't want him in any non-secure location for more than a few minutes.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
And how dare Presidential motorcades be given the right of way. And how dare Presidential flights be given priority clearance.

And how come the President gets to make all those speeches on prime-time TV when normal people never get the chance? And how come the news media focus so much attention on the President; every single American citizen should get just as much news exposure!

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Dang the president eats like pig!

I heard that that he bought the food for the two groups behind him as well, so that may be why the tab was so big.

When I was in Cincinnati, George W did the same thing at the Boat House, what is up with these presidents thinking their time is more valuable than everyone else's.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Dick.

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it I guess I can see a reason for this. One would think the Secret Service doesn't want him in any non-secure location for more than a few minutes.

Did you feel the same way when Bush did this literally hundreds of times during his presidency?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I'd imagine there aren't too many would-be Marxist assassins just walking around in Texas.
jfk_24_flyer2.jpg

jfk_24_flyer1.jpg

These read like modern tea-bagger websites on Obama.
The Secret Service is doing a fine job, and Obama is right to not wait in line outside in Texas. The BBQ joint is free to not serve him for cutting in line, but they did, because they want the free publicity to get more suckers lined up for hours outside. If you don't like it, take it up with them.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
jfk_24_flyer2.jpg

jfk_24_flyer1.jpg

These read like modern tea-bagger websites on Obama.
The Secret Service is doing a fine job, and Obama is right to not wait in line outside in Texas. The BBQ joint is free to not serve him for cutting in line, but they did, because they want the free publicity to get more suckers lined up for hours outside. If you don't like it, take it up with them.
Furthermore, it would be MUCH more of a disruption to the restaurant if the Secret Service had to cordon off portions of the line for an hour while the President waited. By getting Obama in and out fast, the Secret Service probably inconvenienced the other customers a lot less.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Obama in Texas? Surprised he even got out of his car. I wonder if anyone "coal rolled" the caravan.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
OMG HE CUT THE LINE, SUE!! SOMEONE CALL THE COPS... FOR HEAVENS SAKES!

Lmao...

Trivial is well, trivial....