Obama at my school tomorrow (9/15)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SillyOReilly

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2007
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: SillyOReilly

You're hung over?
I place as much value on your first comment in this thread as I do your opinion of my "dumb" comment.

I don't really care what value you place on my comments as they are true regardless of what you think.

Your opinion doesn't make it true.

Just because Obama is coming to your school, you probably think dropping to your knees and taking whatever he has to give to you would be just fine.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You're hung over?
I place as much value on your first comment in this thread as I do your opinion of my "dumb" comment.

I don't really care what value you place on my comments as they are true regardless of what you think.

Just because Obama is coming to your school, you probably think dropping to your knees and taking whatever he has to give to you would be just fine.

Stop being a moron. It has nothing to do with who the candidate is that's going to the school. Your original comment was dumb because you were attempting to say that because he doesn't care about you, you shouldn't care about him. That's completely absurd because he, unlike you, will likely be in control of the most powerful nation on the planet. That's a pretty good reason to care about him.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
He is just coming to tell you that mining is bad for the environment, therefore when he is elected it will be banned....hence you might as well skip class.

SillyOReilly

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2007

You're hung over?

Stop being a moron. It has nothing to do with who the candidate is that's going to the school. Your original comment was dumb because you were attempting to say that because he doesn't care about you, you shouldn't care about him. That's completely absurd because he, unlike you, will likely be in control of the most powerful nation on the planet. That's a pretty good reason to care about him.

Aww, go take 2 aspirin and some water.

You're getting all pissy. How easily you can call people names over the internet, huh nerd?

What I said in my first post was only implied. You took it and ran with it and fabricated your own idiotic theory on what it meant.

Kill yourself.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
So someone who is quite possibly going to be the next president is visiting your school, and your only comment is about parking?

No kidding. I would definitely go see him read a speech.

I wouldn't go see him do that. Now if I could go see him speak without a script, I might go just to see how bad he stumbles.

Aug 23, 2000
So someone who is quite possibly going to be the next president is visiting your school, and your only comment is about parking?

Oh wow, as if any of the candidates care about the regular peon, being you and me.

What does that have to do with anything? If you are attempting to say "if he doesn't care about you, why care about him?" then I would say... because he's quite possibly going to be the next president.

I read it the first time, repeating and bolding it doesn't give it any more merit.

CHANGE. HOPE If Obama says it enough it will give his words merit. :D That's his platform, and one that eskimospy bought hook line and sinker. If I raise my voice and repeat myself, it makes what I'm saying more important and more meaningful.

Aug 23, 2000

Oh wow, as if any of the candidates care about the regular peon, being you and me.

What does that have to do with anything? If you are attempting to say "if he doesn't care about you, why care about him?" then I would say... because he's quite possibly going to be the next president.

I read it the first time, repeating and bolding it doesn't give it any more merit.

Well it didn't need any additional merit to begin with. The fact that you should care about the person who very well may become the most powerful man on the planet is obvious.

Is that your only stance? He very well, might could be, possibly the next President of these here somewhat United States of America therefore you should respect him and be in awe of him because of his position. If you really believed in that kind of rhetoric, then you wouldn't be talking bad about Bush because he IS the President of the United States of America and IS the most powerful man in America (fuck ya)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

CHANGE. HOPE If Obama says it enough it will give his words merit. :D That's his platform, and one that eskimospy bought hook line and sinker. If I raise my voice and repeat myself, it makes what I'm saying more important and more meaningful.

Hey, McCain got a bump in the polls using the same mantra, so what's your problem?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: gorcorps
He's here (Colorado School of Mines) from 7am-9:30am. I have lab at 8. I'd just like to thank him early for picking a time that will completely fuck with the parking that's already bad, and forcing people to skip class if they get the tickets to go. Were all other times not good for you? 4pm? 5pm?

This only thing that could have saved this story is if your school was called the Colorado School of Mimes.

Edit: Damn you Capt Caveman </shakes fist>

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

I like that he picked our school, and it's definitely going to add some more credibility, but I want to know why they landed on a time that fucks things up around here when there are times in the afternoon where it wouldn't. More people in school could go, and less negative impact on the education system that I was hoping was important. I just don't understand the thought process here. I would consider seeing him if I didn't have class, but what I'm doing is worlds more important than listening to the possible future president.

He's on his schedule, not yours. Get used to it.
:thumbsup:
That was exactly what I was about to post. The guy is running for President, he's pretty damn busy and just because afternoons might work best at your school doesn't mean he has time to visit in the afternoon.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
He's here (Colorado School of Mines) from 7am-9:30am. I have lab at 8. I'd just like to thank him early for picking a time that will completely fuck with the parking that's already bad, and forcing people to skip class if they get the tickets to go. Were all other times not good for you? 4pm? 5pm?

AT is known for weak rants I guess, but this really takes the cake.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm absolutely convinced that if Obama knew he was screwing up the OP he's change his time.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001

I like that he picked our school, and it's definitely going to add some more credibility, but I want to know why they landed on a time that fucks things up around here when there are times in the afternoon where it wouldn't. More people in school could go, and less negative impact on the education system that I was hoping was important. I just don't understand the thought process here. I would consider seeing him if I didn't have class, but what I'm doing is worlds more important than listening to the possible future president.

Newsflash: Obama doesn't care about you. Obama only wants to win the presidency and that's the only reason he is visiting your school.