Obama admin to ask Federal Judiciary to block VA's lawsuit

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
no false. ethanol fucking sucks compared to gasoline. we use gasoline and oil based products because they are pretty fucking good at what they do. If ethanol was good at what it did we'd use it, instead we have to pay mother fuckers to produce it so they can sell it to us at an affordable price. Does that make sense to you? WE PAY PEOPLE TO SELL THINGS TO US CHEAPER WTF!?

You are arguing whether it's good or bad, not whether it's legal to have the mandate.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Also, consider what happens if insurance mandate is overturned. Insurance companies are required to cover everyone without regard for pre-existing conditions, but there is no longer mandate that everyone buys insurance. People will wait until they are sick to get insurance, insurance companies go out of business, government steps in, hello single payer coverage :)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Aren't regulations grand?

Edit: Wait, you think that's a good thing?

He does. He's an authoritarian who believes that if government creates a regulation then we are to obey it no matter what. We do what we are told. I wonder how he reconciles his absolutism with ML King? After all he broke the law and the blacks should have stayed on the back of the bus.

It would seem he wants us to be the subjects of a Crown not the master. Some people insist on a king.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
blocking a lawsuit != dismissing a lawsuit

Isn't that what one is supposed to do when they are named as a defendant in a lawsuit?
it's probably a 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss for failure to state a cause of action.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
What prohibits it?
We already have ethanol requirements in gas that force people to subsidize private ethanol producers.

the .gov isn't taxing me for not purchasing gasoline.

it's one thing to set standards for products. it's another thing to tell me i have to buy it, or else.

how is it set up, though? even though it would be the same to the average citizen, if they did it so that purchasing a qualifying insurance plan got you a tax credit, then that's perfectly legal. the income tax, rightly or wrongly, is rife with that sort of thing.

Last edited: