NYC cop shoots boyfriend and her son dead!

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You seem happy that a cop has killed someone illegally. Gun nuts are sick fucks, rejoicing in senseless deaths just to prove a point.

Gun control advocates were SAD about sandy hook, aurora, etc. You are rejoicing. I'll side with the non-sadistic members of our society tyvm.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
You seem happy that a cop has killed someone illegally. Gun nuts are sick fucks, rejoicing in senseless deaths just to prove a point.

Gun control advocates were SAD about sandy hook, aurora, etc. You are rejoicing. I'll side with the non-sadistic members of our society tyvm.

Reeaaallly.

Because it's not like anti-gun nuts would ever stoop so low as to use a tragic event to further their agenda... O wait, they do. They would.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Because it's not like anti-gun nuts would ever stoop so low as to use a tragic event to further their agenda... O wait, they do. They would.
That's called "learning from experience". IE, you have a bad experience, you take steps to prevent its reoccurrence - if you have half a brain that is. If on the other hand you're a gun nut, you load up on the devices which were the very cause of the tragedy in the first place. *rolleyes*

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
That's called "learning from experience". IE, you have a bad experience, you take steps to prevent its reoccurrence - if you have half a brain that is. If on the other hand you're a gun nut, you load up on the devices which were the very cause of the tragedy in the first place. *rolleyes*

... no

the cause was a sick fuck doing what sick fucks do, banning guns aren't going to stop sick fucks from being sick fucks - if you have half a brain that would be obvious.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
If guns aren't a problem, how come the US has (many!) hundreds of percent higher homicidal, suicidal and accidental gun deaths than any other western nation? There's an elephant in the room, and you refuse to see it on purely ideological grounds. You're not making sense.

Limiting access to guns won't stop "sick fucks" (mentally disturbed people), but you know what? Nobody ever said it would. Flawed strawman logic at work there matey. What would happen though is that without access to high-capacity magazine firearms, said "sick fucks" would have a lot more difficult time killing as many as a dozen or more adults or children.

I think anyone would agree that it's a lot harder to commit mass murder using knives than it is using guns. Yes?!

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
If guns aren't a problem, how come the US has (many!) hundreds of percent higher homicidal, suicidal and accidental gun deaths than any other western nation? There's an elephant in the room, and you refuse to see it on purely ideological grounds. You're not making sense.

Limiting access to guns won't stop "sick fucks" (mentally disturbed people), but you know what? Nobody ever said it would. Flawed strawman logic at work there matey. What would happen though is that without access to high-capacity magazine firearms, said "sick fucks" would have a lot more difficult time killing as many as a dozen or more adults or children.

I think anyone would agree that it's a lot harder to commit mass murder using knives than it is using guns. Yes?!

if guns are the problem then why do most of the states with homicide rates comparable to western european nations have the most liberal gunlaws (liberal in the true sense of the word) whereas some of the worst states have the toughest gun laws. how does that compute? and when you break the US down even further you'll see that there is absolutely no correlation between the availability of legal firearms and homicide rates.

as for "high capacity magazines", they are outlawed in Norway but Breivik only had to wait a couple of days for them ship to him from the online seller...

look at the Boston bombing, no firearms were involved in that act of sick fuckery and we should be thankful that due to the absolute incompetence of the bomber(s) only 3 innocent people lost their lives, had someone else built and deployed those bombs the death toll could probably have numbered in the hundreds.

you say we should learn from bad experiences, but guess what? We have, treating a symptom does not cure the illness.

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
if guns are the problem then why do most of the states with homicide rates comparable to western european nations have the most liberal gunlaws (liberal in the true sense of the word) whereas some of the worst states have the toughest gun laws. how does that compute? and when you break the US down even further you'll see that there is absolutely no correlation between the availability of legal firearms and homicide rates.

as for "high capacity magazines", they are outlawed in the Norway but Breivik only had to wait a couple of days for them ship to him from the online seller...

look at the Boston bombing, no firearms were involved in that act of sick fuckery and we should be thankful that due to the absolute incompetence of the bomber(s) only 3 innocent people lost their lives, had someone else built and deployed those bombs the death toll could probably have numbered in the hundreds.

you say we should learn from bad experiences, but guess what? We have, treating a symptom does not cure the illness.

Good luck reasoning with their fear based ideaology.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

Oh, you mean like how right after sandy hooks the libs started an anti second amendment campaign?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

That is no different than parading a bunch of Sandy Hook victims on stage behind you while you campaign to get laws passed you know won't do a damn thing to help mass shootings.

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
You seem happy that a cop has killed someone illegally..

So he's only supposed to be happy if someone was killed legally?

And here I thought killing people was wrong. Goes to show how much I know :hmm:

Gun nuts are sick fucks, rejoicing in senseless deaths just to prove a point.

Gun control nuts are sick fucks, rejoicing in senseless deaths just to prove a point.

Both sides do it, how is it only wrong if one of them (the one who you disagree with) does it?

Gun control advocates were SAD about sandy hook, aurora, etc.

So sad in fact that they would never resort to use those victims and families as 'visual aid' on stage to help pass their agenda while they campaign... oh wait :awe:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Congrats. You win the P&N "I'm an actual human being award" for being the only person not to make this tragic event political.

You really think most of us DON'T feel bad for those who were senselessly murdered? You guys have to stop with the holier than thou bullshit, it's getting old and painting you in a negative light.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Wow, that's amazing - places with more firearms experience more firearm related deaths, I never would have guessed. What next, a scientific study showing that more people die from drowing in the Pacific Ocean than in the Sahara Desert?

Here's some statistics on homicide and firearms deaths for context. Obviously the U.S. is still high on both compared to Western Europe, but one can debate the reasons for that without automatically assuming "the guns did it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011

Mhmm. You know, I used to think like you right after Sandy Hook. Really, I did. I bashed "gun nuts" for being selfish and being willing to let people die for their selfish right to play with their beloved guns at the range. But then something happened. My head popped clean out of my ass when I realized that people in power were trying to disarm us.
The lies and BS that people use to try to disarm us is the only thing that is more scary than innocents being killed by gun violence. I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have no leverage on the side of the citizenry when government decides that it is time to start pushing harder on the now unarmed populace. There is a reason that the USA is the greatest nation on earth, and it all starts with the respect that the people are given due to a balance of power that exists thanks to the second amendment. The sovereignty of the people and the freedoms that arise from that sovereignty or born out of the second amendment. All other freedoms cannot be guarenteed without it, and the right to bear arms must clearly be defended on a daily basis in order to preserve all other freedoms.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Mhmm. You know, I used to think like you right after Sandy Hook. Really, I did. I bashed "gun nuts" for being selfish and being willing to let people die for their selfish right to play with their beloved guns at the range. But then something happened. My head popped clean out of my ass when I realized that people in power were trying to disarm us.
The lies and BS that people use to try to disarm us is the only thing that is more scary than innocents being killed by gun violence. I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have no leverage on the side of the citizenry when government decides that it is time to start pushing harder on the now unarmed populace. There is a reason that the USA is the greatest nation on earth, and it all starts with the respect that the people are given due to a balance of power that exists thanks to the second amendment. The sovereignty of the people and the freedoms that arise from that sovereignty or born out of the second amendment. All other freedoms cannot be guarenteed without it, and the right to bear arms must clearly be defended on a daily basis in order to preserve all other freedoms.

You honestly think that the US government behaves the way it does because of fear of an armed uprising by the population? That's just so far off I don't even know where to start. That's just not a rational consideration that ever comes into play.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
This is another example why all guns should be banned and we should take a page from the UK.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
You honestly think that the US government behaves the way it does because of fear of an armed uprising by the population? That's just so far off I don't even know where to start. That's just not a rational consideration that ever comes into play.

No. The point is that tyranny cannot slowly establish itself here because the people can only take so much, and if needed they have the ability to resist and fight back if it comes to that point.
You don't think the fact that we are armed ever crosses the minds of whoever is in power? You don't think it makes them think twice about pushing too hard where our rights are concerned? You don't think they realize that americans have limits just like everyone else, but when we are pushed over the edge we have the arms to resist and fight back with. The second amandment creates the conditions necessary to avoid tyranny, it doesn't scare washington and others into submission.
Knowing someone is armed changes the way others think about and treat them.
Also, it was rational enough of a thought to be included in the constitution.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No. The point is that tyranny cannot slowly establish itself here because the people can only take so much, and if needed they have the ability to resist and fight back if it comes to that point.
You don't think the fact that we are armed ever crosses the minds of whoever is in power? You don't think it makes them think twice about pushing too hard where our rights are concerned? You don't think they realize that americans have limits just like everyone else, but when we are pushed over the edge we have the arms to resist and fight back with. The second amandment creates the conditions necessary to avoid tyranny, it doesn't scare washington and others into submission.
Knowing someone is armed changes the way others think about and treat them.
Also, it was rational enough of a thought to be included in the constitution.

No, I sincerely, sincerely doubt that those in power have considered the potential for armed rebellion even a single time while creating legislation at any point in our lifetimes.

Like not even once.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
No, I sincerely, sincerely doubt that those in power have considered the potential for armed rebellion even a single time while creating legislation at any point in our lifetimes.

Like not even once.

Do you think its a bad idea for citizens to be armed for any reason? It sounds like you think its a generally bad idea and cannot be useful. If thats the case, then we simply disagree as do many others on this topic.
There are those who think free speech is a bad idea as well. Should we take them as seriously as you'd like to be taken? Why or why not?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Do you think its a bad idea for citizens to be armed for any reason? It sounds like you think its a generally bad idea and cannot be useful. If thats the case, then we simply disagree as do many others on this topic.
There are those who think free speech is a bad idea as well. Should we take them as seriously as you'd like to be taken? Why or why not?

Of course I don't think citizens being armed for any reason is a bad idea. I just think that the idea that our government crafts laws with the worry that a bunch of fat ass Americans are going to rise up against them is just not even close to accurate.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Being saddened at the deaths of sandy hook / aurora and using those events to galvanize support for a gun control law are not mutually exclusive. The legislators which are tasked with our safety did not hoop and holler over those deaths like the OP is rejoicing over this cop killing people.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
The sovereignty of the people and the freedoms that arise from that sovereignty or born out of the second amendment. All other freedoms cannot be guarenteed without it, and the right to bear arms must clearly be defended on a daily basis in order to preserve all other freedoms.

Don't tell that to the Japanese who do not have the right to bear arms and have an effective gun murder rate of zero. They don't appear all that oppressed to me.

I personally think a free press is pretty darn important. The United States is only 32nd on the list so we aren't doing so well in that arena.

http://en.rsf.org/press-freedom-index-2013,1054.html