NWN2 play style

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
I am trying to get through NWN2: Mask of the betrayer. I am playing as a very melee oriented character and I have two questions.

1) If I only have the intimidate skill as far as dialog skills am I going to get a lot of evil points/options only in conversations, and will it turn my party against me?

2) Since I am melee can I just rush around in fights and give little heed to micromanagement, or do I have to babysit Safiya?

Thanks for any help.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
The AI is a bit better, characters no longer drink every potion just for the flavor of it (yum!), but you still have the problem of casters using a 9th-level spell against one sickly kobold wielding a -1 pointy stick.

I found myself turning off AI and micromanaging casting.

Evil: Not sure, I'm playing a goody-two-shoes. Devouring the souls of puppies and kittens will probably make the angel girl turn against you, but might make the shadow monster your best pal.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Crap, micro is not my favorite. I will see how it goes. I am still in the starting dungeon due to not wanting to mess up anything.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
MotB intoroduces a new Favor system. but if you play conversation right you can make everyone happy. i really liked the angel character plus she gets really strong i think that by the end of the game she was my strongest (after me of course).

*******MAJOR SPOILER**************MAJOR SPOILER*******
i was shocked when i read at the end that the shadow killed her!
*******MAJOR SPOILER**************MAJOR SPOILER*******