nvlddmkm event 13: Graphics Exception: ESR 0x408030=0x80000003 & Const out of Bound

nine9s

May 24, 2010
2 nvlddmkm event 13 errors

Both read verbatim:

"The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: "

With one error ending with:

\Device\Video7
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x408030=0x80000003

And the other ending with:

\Device\Video7
Graphics Exception: Const out of Bound

I have a little over a month old Gigabyte G1 GTX 970. I played about 50-60 hours of Far Cry 4 over a few weeks with about 10-12 hours over clocked about +75hz. No errors nor game crashes.

I then started playing Dragon Age Inquisition. I played about 10-15 hours total over a few days with no crashes no video errors. I decided to quit playing it to play Dragon Age Origins (original 2009 game) to learn the lore etc.

Dragon Age Origins has crashed a few times, so I started looking at Event viewer. About every 4-8 hours of play, I will get those two errors above. The game does not crash during those errors (its application crash was time stamped at much different times), and I notice nothing when playing at the time those errors happened. These two errors always come in pairs time-stamped to the second the same as each other. I would guess they occur about every 2-6 hours of game play. Also, I got these with both 344.75 and 347.09 Nvidia drivers.

I found a thread, in another forum, where someone was asking about these same errors, even with the exact same ESR address, in a different game. Someone replied that he had the same errors with 3 different Nvidia cards recently (he thinks it is a Nvidia driver issue started with 344.75) and another knowledgeable poster replied * that the blame for these exact errors is usually bad programming in the game and not usually hardware nor Nvidia drivers.

Since I did not get these errors with 50-60 hours of Far Cry 4, nor with Dragon Age Inquisition, and with Dragon Age Origins being 5 years old (perhaps problems with newer card features), I am thinking that poster might be right and it might be caused by that old game versus being a Nvidia driver or hardware problem (again the game does not crash during these errors and I noticed nothing unusually in the game as they happen so perhaps a false error reported.)

But being such a new card, I am wondering if this could be a hardware problem.

Opinions?

* https://forums.geforce.com/default/...03-and-graphics-exception-const-out-of-bound/
Reply #6

Last edited:

el etro

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2013
Try play the DAII with your card in other machine, to isolate the problem search to the card only. Also try other older games to see if problem affects only DAII.

nine9s

May 24, 2010
Try play the DAII with your card in other machine, to isolate the problem search to the card only. Also try other older games to see if problem affects only DAII.

Thanks. I will move on to Dragon Age II in a week or so then Dragon Age Inquisition, and will monitor Event Viewer. I just wanted to post the errors in case someone knew of it and it did point to a specific hardware/driver problem someone else has had.

Something I did not notice that makes me lean toward an old game causing this. I played Dragon Age Origins with v-sync on initially, and my card, which is base 1177 Mhz, boosts to 1392, would downclock to well below 1177 (like 300 Mhz and even lower range sometimes.). I then took off v-sync, and now it stays at 1392 boost with very high FPS (500 to over 1000 fps in loading screens and 100-300 range during game play.) Since I turned v-sync off, I have had Dragon Age Origins only crash one time, whereas with v-sync on, it crashed several times. Anyway, that makes me think the old game just has problems with a newer card maybe.

Last edited: