Nvidia TWIMTBP keeps PC gaming alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15794/1/

So if you want DirectX 10, 11, Anti-aliasing, Shader model 4 or 5 effects, hardware tessellation, PhysX effects, the work of at least 50 engineers at Nvidia makes things look better. You should not criticized them and we should actually thank them for it, and if Nvidia would not do this, the PC games could become an endangered species.

For someone normally critical of NVIDIA to say this....

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
"For someone normally critical of NVIDIA to say this.... "

Come again?

I don't think people mind things like TWIMTBP in theory.. Its nice that a GPU maker is spending money to, in theory, improve games. But this is not a perfect world, they clearly have an agenda. At the least it gets in the way, at the best it holds gaming back to fit their goals. No money comes without strings.

Though I suppose wishing there were an industry conglomerate of Intel, AMD, Nvidia, MS, etc doing this sort of thing to promote DX 11, and other open standards is dreaming..

EDIT: Wait, why are you posting something FUD posted in October?? I thought it was strange I didn't see this on Fud today myself.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
I was gonna say, Fudo is the semi-official PR mouthpiece of NV. Charlie is the guy constantly pointing out the dangly bits of the naked emperor. And the BSN guy swings both ways.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
So if you want DirectX 10, 11, Anti-aliasing, Shader model 4 or 5 effects, hardware tessellation, PhysX effects, the work of at least 50 engineers at Nvidia makes things look better. You should not criticized them and we should actually thank them for it, and if Nvidia would not do this, the PC games could become an endangered species.
Wait...... what?

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
They are both from the INq and while there Fuad was the original. The guy at BSN seems to be the one not-so-critical of NVIDIA.

Theo is at BSN, he does not seem to hate ATI or Nvidia so much. We know about Charlie. Fuad is too much of a moron who spouts more often than not wrong information for it to matter what he is in favour of. Though he will not post hate about ATI like Charlie will Nvidia, he is clearly very pro green.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Confirming moron. His conclusions are absolutely wrong. TWIMTBP has resulted in vendor lockout and the slippery slope to ATI and NV exclusive games. If anything, TWIMTBP as implemented for Batman:AA is harmful to PC gaming.

Seero

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15794/1/

For someone normally critical of NVIDIA to say this....
Those who criticizes the program are solely driven by fanboyism. I bet those who hate it now will love it if it is in red. In fact, the red team has one, much smaller then the green one, but fanboys love it eventhough they don't know what they are doing. They automatically link the red team to anything that is written in Dx11, and claim that red team made it.

Those who hate it, keep hating it, don't stop. Remember the only way you can stop supporting what you hate is by stop playing with them. It is like a love relation, you hate it but you can't let go, you love it but you won't admit it.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Are some of you thick? Did you buy a PC and Windows to play nVidia or ATi games? Or did you buy your rig to play PC games? Cause the way TWIMTBP in Batman worked, it's an nVidia game - due to limiting AA on nVidia hardware only (using PhysX is another topic). Sure, it's just AA for now and you can force it through CCC for ATi (and get lower performance) but it is a step in a wrong direction. Before you know it, both AMD and nVidia will have their side-specific technology and getting a PC will be worthless - "just get a console and save yourself the trouble". This is something that should be completely boycotted and not allowed.

How can locking standard features to one vendor be seen as remotely positive to PC gaming is completely beyond me.

Last edited:

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Those who criticizes the program are solely driven by fanboyism. I bet those who hate it now will love it if it is in red. In fact, the red team has one, much smaller then the green one, but fanboys love it eventhough they don't know what they are doing. They automatically link the red team to anything that is written in Dx11, and claim that red team made it.

Those who hate it, keep hating it, don't stop. Remember the only way you can stop supporting what you hate is by stop playing with them. It is like a love relation, you hate it but you can't let go, you love it but you won't admit it.

Dont confuse critical skepticism with blind loyalty. They are not the same. Your sincere defense of nV seems way more like your term "fanboy" than people being skeptical of a programs benefits over its negatives.

Keeping an open mind and questioning motives and actions is vendor neutral imo.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
Gotta give it to you Wreckage, you know how keep things interesting...

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
People, people....

....LET'S NOT FEED THE TROLL.

Just ignore his pathetic attempts, that's all.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Wait...... what?

Yeah this, methinks Fudo may be takin the piss here.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Wait! I didn't think games that had "TWIMTBP" even played on an ATI/AMD graphics card. I stopped buying AMD graphic cards a few years back because all the good games had TWIMTBP on them, and only worked for NV cards, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.