NVIDIA Tritium

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTgzNTcsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

The chipset can overclock massively without increase voltage. Also, nVidia mentioned ?Tritium? platform concept: when ?Tritium? MCP chipset used in with a ?Tritium? GPU, north bridge, south bridge and PCI-E?s operating clock will be 1.3 times higher, or more, than normal spec, this will provide higher data transfer rate.

A "Tritium" Certified GPU?

This should be interesting.

fierydemise

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
This could be very interesting, although its very possibly a method to squeeze more money out of us. If it is the latter I'm really hoping it goes no where.

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: fierydemise
This could be very interesting, although its very possibly a method to squeeze more money out of us. If it is the latter I'm really hoping it goes no where.

At the very least it will be a new sticker to add to your case "Tritium Certified" :p

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Someone should put heavy water into their WC loop and say "Tritium Inside" :p

Jun 14, 2003
so we'll need some SLI certified PSU to go with out tritium certified computers.....i like it lol.

to me this now looks like motherboards and possibly ram (from the end of that short text) will be sold guarantee'ing overclocks. much like the latest graphics cards come overclocked and even have warranties covering further overclocking

im all for progress and more speed, long as the price is right

fierydemise

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
My worry is that they'll we see exclusive Tritium components which only work with other tritium components. If it's just guaranteed OCs then I say bring it on.